Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #9

Page 123 of 244 (3651 items) « First ... < Previous 121 122 123 124 125 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,650 Replies | 68 Followers

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 794
Points 12,820
Quiltless replied on Wed, Oct 23 2013 1:57 AM | Locked

Well, it appears I got it backwards.  A featherweight is NOT suitable for FMQ. 

They sure do push the nostalgia buttons though. 

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,770
Points 39,155
ls2116 replied on Wed, Oct 23 2013 3:31 AM | Locked

Besides working on my mq9 and running to machine shops I just don't know where time is flying to.  The other day the shop that I bought my pfaff 3.0 from called me and they got their new release sensation pro so after discussing it with DH I took the 3.0 back and traded for the sensation.  Inever expected when I got the 3.0 that the newer model would be released so soon after my purchase.  I thought I'd be trading it in next sept. but the deal was one that I couldn't pass up.  Now I'm trying to figure out how to make the logo quilt for the sensation it looks like a medallion but yet has square sides if anyone has suggestions or can advise on the pattern please let me know.  I am sure one happy quilter that can't sleep in the night maybe its the excitement of the day.

I have a featherweight 221 I might sell it I never sew on it.  But it is nice for a nostalgia.

Quilting My Rainbow

• | Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 119
Points 2,225
Linda Gless replied on Wed, Oct 23 2013 5:09 AM | Locked

I know how that is to be up in the middle of the night, IS2116 - I just bought my first 'good' machine I can quilt on yesterday and I was up @ 2:30 a m setting out up and playing with it. Have fun with your new machine! May many happy quilts come from it!!!!  :-) 

Linda Gless - Hartford, WI

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,483
Points 176,833
Marie replied on Wed, Oct 23 2013 7:39 AM | Locked

chocake2:
Really I was looking for a sweet juvenile print of dinos driving backhoes i saw in the new sales flier. Really!! I was. that's the truth! (...can I help it that I got sidetracked?)

Ya sure, CC!!!!!!  Is that what they're calling it these days, sidetracked?  Did you even leave me any to buy?????

Millbury, MA

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Wed, Oct 23 2013 9:51 AM | Locked

Marie:
 Did you even leave me any to buy?????
Of Course. I wouldn't be a very good friend if I didn't share. 

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Wed, Oct 23 2013 10:02 AM | Locked

UGH....It's Moaning. I don't want it to be. I want my pillow...... whine*    Sprout took it in his little round head to get up at 12:30 AM and we've been going strong all night. I finally told his Daddy to take him after I got him to go back to sleep at 6 and his siblings woke him up when they got up at 6:30. Now daddy is at work and I'm the Mom on Duty at home... Sprout is no worse the wear for so little sleep. He's cheerful and busy. I, on the other hand, ain't so bright eyed and bushy tailed...  

Heard that a neighbor woman is fighting lung cancer so I am thinking I need to whip out a fast throw for her to take to chemo treatments. The poor lady had a bad cough all spring and the CPA gave her multiple courses of antibiotics over the next several months for it - which of course did nothing. When she finally got x-rays and there were visible spots on her lung, the CPA treated her for a fungal infection rather then ordering further tests. They waited so long to get a good diagnosis that now her lung has collapsed. The prognosis does not look good.   So...Does anyone have a great quilt that i can stitch up in short order...with Sprout helping? 

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,294
Points 29,260
Agnes replied on Wed, Oct 23 2013 10:09 AM | Locked

Nana:
The throat space is tiny and the feed dogs don't drop.

It's the throat space that would stop me. The fact that the feed dogs don't drop doesn't hinder my FM quilting one bit on my Singer Industrial. I can remove them physically and attach the throat plate with a needle hole but that requires removing six screws every time I want to change and sometimes losing some of the the screws when they drop out of place and roll off. I just attach my FM foot and there is enough clearance that I don't even notice that the feed dogs are there.

Agnes in NW Ontario

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,294
Points 29,260
Agnes replied on Wed, Oct 23 2013 10:28 AM | Locked

CC- a few thoughts for you on a couple of topics. Is Sprout one of those kids who needs less sleep than "normal?" My younger was and it took me five or six years to figure it out. After I had a brilliant moment that this was the case and put him to bed much later than a child his age should be, he slept through the night and therefore so did I.

On your neighbor's lung cancer--sorry to hear that. Also very sad that the CPA didn't order an x-ray as first course. Even with that it could take some time to actually determine the diagnosis. From personal experience I have learned that cancer, fungal infection or just a simple infection have very similar properties and therefore I had three procedures and two biopsies before it was ruled that mine is just the garden variety of infection. To this day I have had no symptoms. A spot was picked up on a routine x-ray. There are so many square in square patterns that work up really fast for a throw for her.

Agnes in NW Ontario

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Wed, Oct 23 2013 5:40 PM | Locked

Thanks for your thoughts Agnes. I really haven't had much time to even think about what I want to do for the quilt. Sprout napped for a couple hours this morning, giving me enough time to sort laundry and do the dishes, and then he hit the floor running... 

Years ago when DH and I first started dating, he developed a nasty bought of pneumonia. The doc ordered x-rays right off, before he started any treatments. They showed a massive spot on the left  lung. The thing looked about the size of a fist or bigger. Poor Dh saw that, and was sure it was only a matter of time before he was shaking hands with the grim reaper. Thankfully, the doc didn't buy in, and ordered a re-take on those pics... and the 2nd set came back without any visible abnormalities of that nature. Turned out some careless lab tech had gotten a finger-print on the slide. LOL  DH was so relieved to find out he wasn't a goner after all that he proposed. 

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,770
Points 39,155
ls2116 replied on Thu, Oct 24 2013 1:05 AM | Locked

Today I went out with DH family to celebrate SIL birthday.  Fun time !

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,556
Points 51,395
Ginny replied on Thu, Oct 24 2013 7:41 PM | Locked

Well, I ended up back in the hospital Monday. When I got out of the shower, I developed a large hematoma and pain in the grin and thought I was going to pass out.  Called EMS to take me back to the hospital. I got admitted and they found a pseudo aneurysm   from leaking of the artery at the cardiac cath site. Found that on Tuesday, went to have it sealed off with Thrombin on Wednesday, and got released home today after follow up US today.  Can't do any driving, walking up and down stairs or lifting anything heavy for 2 weeks   And have to frequently sit back with my legs elevated.  I'll have to look at goings on here over the next few days as I had over 360 QCA emails, plus face book.   This all has certainly wiped me out and my hemoglobin is low so that's not helping either.    Ginny

• | Post Points: 80
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,770
Points 39,155
ls2116 replied on Thu, Oct 24 2013 8:59 PM | Locked

Ginny My goodness you have been through alot !  Your in my thoughts and prayers.  Take it easy and relax til your better,  your body needs time to heal I think.  Health first QCA second.

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,152
Points 17,665
weezee56 replied on Thu, Oct 24 2013 9:44 PM | Locked

Ginny, Take care of yourself and get better soon.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,461
Points 40,975
Mimi replied on Thu, Oct 24 2013 10:11 PM | Locked

Now Miss Ginny, We all want you here but you need to be feeling 110%.  So take care of yourself and I'll be adding you to my prayers.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,656
Points 136,082
Leslie replied on Fri, Oct 25 2013 5:35 AM | Locked

Ginny, your having a rough time, my T&P are with you

[Ava, Missouri

Page 123 of 244 (3651 items) « First ... < Previous 121 122 123 124 125 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use