Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #9

Page 119 of 244 (3651 items) « First ... < Previous 117 118 119 120 121 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,650 Replies | 68 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,664
Points 37,515
ls2116 replied on Sun, Oct 13 2013 12:45 AM | Locked

Last night I woke up and DS informed me my newest computer crashed and my tech nephew spent a whole day trying to remedy the situation.  Well I think its ok. I hope its ok it sure isn't that old.  I thought of sending it back to place I bought it from.  What aggravation .  I had a really bad thought what if I would started using my new sewing machine it might of crashed that.

Quilting My Rainbow

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,273
Points 173,293
Marie replied on Sun, Oct 13 2013 8:49 AM | Locked

Debbie-do:

Marie, Have you tried flying out of the Manchester, NH airport?  It's so much easier to get to and to get through than Logan!  It's a little farther away but with Boston traffic I bet it would take about the same amount of time to get to. 

I've only ever flown out of Boston and I use a service to get me there and back home when I return.  Convenient for me and my kids.  If I get back home late my DGS insists on picking me up and getting me back home.

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,797
MNnancy replied on Sun, Oct 13 2013 9:09 AM | Locked

Marie, it sounds like you've got a good support system at your end, so all we need to do is assure you that one/some of us will meet you at the airport on the other end, and then you will be free to attend retreats with us.  I think you should pick one that you'd like to come to, and we'll start encouraging & assisting you in making the arrangements.  Are you comfortable purchasing plane tickets online?  If not, one of us can do it for you.  You'd only need to pack one project which you could fit in your suitcase. (You know you won't get more than one done because you'll be too busy flirting with any guys we come across.)  Someone will bring a sewing machine for you to use.

Come on, girl, we want to see you again!  

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,273
Points 173,293
Marie replied on Sun, Oct 13 2013 9:37 AM | Locked

MNnancy:

Marie, it sounds like you've got a good support system at your end, so all we need to do is assure you that one/some of us will meet you at the airport on the other end, and then you will be free to attend retreats with us.  I think you should pick one that you'd like to come to, and we'll start encouraging & assisting you in making the arrangements.  Are you comfortable purchasing plane tickets online?  If not, one of us can do it for you.  You'd only need to pack one project which you could fit in your suitcase. (You know you won't get more than one done because you'll be too busy flirting with any guys we come across.)  Someone will bring a sewing machine for you to use.

Come on, girl, we want to see you again!  

Nancy, I would've loved to come to the Oregon coast but that would mean changing planes, etc.  If Kris goes next year, maybe if we can arrange to meet up and travel together that seems doable to me.  I'm planning to go to Florida for Jan. - March next year otherwise Branson would be doable as well.  Just not good at planning travel.  I don't know if there are any spots left for Branson, but if Florida doesn't pan out and I can't get a rental there, it's a possibility.  Now you've got me excited, I'm remembering all the studs I met in VA!  :  )

Millbury, MA

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,106
Points 109,560
chocake2 replied on Sun, Oct 13 2013 10:08 AM | Locked

Yeah Marie!! Those volleyball players were hot!! I bet we could all pitch in and have a prize for you when you get to the retreat (like maybe a few yards of that hunky holiday fabric, maybe...) and maybe we can get Randy to go and meet you at the door wearing his shorts do you can get a good view of his legs!!

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,273
Points 173,293
Marie replied on Sun, Oct 13 2013 10:27 AM | Locked

chocake2:
maybe we can get Randy to go and meet you at the door wearing his shorts do you can get a good view of his legs!!

CC, that would do it for me for sure!!!!!!!!

Millbury, MA

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,106
Points 109,560
chocake2 replied on Sun, Oct 13 2013 12:06 PM | Locked

Marie:

chocake2:
maybe we can get Randy to go and meet you at the door wearing his shorts do you can get a good view of his legs!!

CC, that would do it for me for sure!!!!!!!!

Your so easy to please. LOL What about it Nancy? 'Think Randy would be game? 

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,356
Points 31,985
MaxNTopeka replied on Sun, Oct 13 2013 5:00 PM | Locked

Well, let's see...today I washed out the paint brushes, cleaned off the ladders and paint scrapers, cleaned the caulking gun off, got the tool box all cleaned out and tidy.  Did a little slow motion dance for joy that we had reached the halfway point on the house painting project.  And the weather is getting cooler and damper so it is shutting us down until springtime.  I could almost hear my sewing machine calling my name....almost.  I lost the sound of its sweet voice calling to me when DH began mumbling something about 'kitchen remodel'.  

What?? Kitchen remodel?  We weren't going to start that until we finished the house painting...sometime next summer.  I was planning on sewing all winter if I still remember how. I haven't hardly touched my machine since last April.  But DH doesn't want me to be bored and lonely sitting around the house all winter, cooped up inside with nothing to do but sew, read, nap, sew, eat, and sew some more.  And he was sweet enough to remind me that we 'aren't getting any younger and we're getting more decrepit by the day'.  (Gee, like I needed to be reminded of that!  I don't mind the getting older, but the decrepit is a pain in the *#^#!) .

I told him I was planning on having surgery on my eye and my foot this winter so I would be all healed up by next Spring.  He is such a considerate guy he had already figured out I could have surgery on my eye as soon as we get the kitchen gutted to the studs.  While he is doing the new wiring and plumbing I could be recovering, then be ready to help with insulation and sheetrocking. After the cabinets are installed, I could have my foot surgery in late January so I would be recovered and ready to work on the house painting again in late March to early April.

It seems he has put a lot of thought into this plan of his.  Since he is currently bringing empty boxes up from the basement, I suspect he plans on me doing something with them.  Pack the kitchen stuff?  Pack my sewing stuff, since it is now where we will need to set up a temporary kitchen?  Pack his stuff before I set it out on the driveway?

Wonder what would happen if I move all of my sewing stuff into his man-cave while he is at work tomorrow? He won't be using his man-cave all winter since he'll be working on the kitchen remodel...hummm...may need to work on that idea.

Ya'll have fun and take care.  I'll lurk when I get a chance.  If you need me I'll be knocking out plaster and old cabinets.

Max

• | Post Points: 80
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,650
Points 135,977
Leslie replied on Sun, Oct 13 2013 9:22 PM | Locked

Oh Max, im so sorry, what is he thinking LOL

[Ava, Missouri

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,106
Points 109,560
chocake2 replied on Sun, Oct 13 2013 9:46 PM | Locked

Poor Max. At least your hubby is actively doing something.... 

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,423
Points 40,380
Mimi replied on Sun, Oct 13 2013 10:42 PM | Locked

Max, How about telling DH it's time for a little relaxation before you have to deal with those medical situations.  He can do take out all his frustrations about being decrepit by knocking down the plaster and old cabinets by himself.  You need some time to decompress and enjoy what you like best.  And even though no one is getting any younger, you deserve time in your sewing studio.  Sorry he's so driven and not as understanding as you would like.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,664
Points 37,515
ls2116 replied on Sun, Oct 13 2013 11:07 PM | Locked

Went to show with DH & BIL seen Tom Hanks new movie I was riveted to my seat.  I'd give him a oscar it was really well done I thought.

Just finished pressing my blocks and thinking about my border. 

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,664
Points 37,515
ls2116 replied on Sun, Oct 13 2013 11:15 PM | Locked

Max you are oh so l u c k y  to have a DH that is so ambitous to give you the kitchen of your dreams!  I'm showing the green monster.  Have fun while doing it together!

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 589
Points 10,200
zoetc49 replied on Sun, Oct 13 2013 11:25 PM | Locked

Took my young niece to Six Flags yesterday and we got rained on much of the time so no rides were running. By about 8 pm the rain cleared and we stayed out there till 11:00 and got on as many rides that she really could ride- it turned out to be a fun time. I had to take her back home today but she took much of my money with her., it's hard not to buy her the things that she needs or could use and enjoy. 

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,342
Points 46,405
Angele replied on Mon, Oct 14 2013 9:26 PM | Locked

On the other hand Max, you could be at a standstill like us in our renos, as we just can't agree on new flooring.  So we stopped for now and we will see what is happening.

Angèle  from NWO

Page 119 of 244 (3651 items) « First ... < Previous 117 118 119 120 121 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use