Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #9

Page 118 of 244 (3651 items) « First ... < Previous 116 117 118 119 120 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,650 Replies | 68 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,466
Points 49,920
Ginny replied on Sat, Oct 12 2013 7:59 AM | Locked

Angele, I am so glad that your son was able to come home for your Thanksgiving.   Oops, that takes care of the painting you had planned.  LOL    Ginny

• | Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 628
Points 12,370
Carol from Pittsburgh replied on Sat, Oct 12 2013 8:36 AM | Locked

Welcome back, Portia!  I saw your Happy Ants Picnic quilt. It's so cute- I like the plaid ants!  I don't know if anyone here is from MO, but we'll all be your quilting friends anyway.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,105
Points 109,540
chocake2 replied on Sat, Oct 12 2013 9:49 AM | Locked

MNnancy:

chocake2:

Sept. 19, 20, and 21 
Oct 17, 18, and 19 
Oct. 24, 25, and 26 
Nov. 7, 8, and 9 

Is anyone here going??

CC, those dates are this fall!  Not much notice.  How about letting us know next year's dates so we can plan ahead?  A Montana retreat could be fun!  Are there any quilt shops nearby?  If we wanted to do some site-seeing, would it involve dinosaurs?

Yeah, i know. I'm slow on the uptake. :S

I have no idea if there are retreats planned for next year, but it would seem likely. They  are sponsored by Cotton Capers Quilt shop in Choteau. I'm sure that if you contacted them and expressed a desire to see dinos she could add it to the package. If she would  might be a different matter.  But then, I can get you scheduled to go out and dig dinos while you are here, even if she doesn't offer a package deal, so it's just a matter of PMing me your travel plans. (Or if you aren't that ambitious, we can just go through the gallery) Choteau is only about 85 miles from Glacier Park.  there are endless hiking opportunities near-by, and plenty of wildlife to see. In the spring and fall there are bird migrations. The reservoir is a stop-over for snow geese and there can be 200K birds on the water at one time in March. That's incredible to see! 

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,387
Points 23,080
Debbie replied on Sat, Oct 12 2013 10:39 AM | Locked

Susie:
Roxana, Nan & Debbie--My heart goes out to you with your leg issues. 

Update - I now am the proud owner of two {2} normal sized legs.  Hallelujah!  spend most of the last two days with compression hose on and feet propped up - my left leg is back to normal.  

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,249
Points 172,978
Marie replied on Sat, Oct 12 2013 10:59 AM | Locked

Debbie:
Update - I now am the proud owner of two {2} normal sized legs.  Hallelujah!  spend most of the last two days with compression hose on and feet propped up - my left leg is back to normal.  

Debbie, so so happy for you!  HALLELUJAH!

Millbury, MA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,466
Points 49,920
Ginny replied on Sat, Oct 12 2013 11:05 AM | Locked

Congrats Debbie--Matching legs now.  Ginny

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,105
Points 109,540
chocake2 replied on Sat, Oct 12 2013 11:24 AM | Locked

YAY Debbie!! Who'd a thought that 'normal" could be such a wonderful blessing!

Angele, it's awesome that your son is home for the holiday. Feed him lots.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,466
Points 49,920
Ginny replied on Sat, Oct 12 2013 3:23 PM | Locked

I just witnessed the most awful experience at my local Meijers Store.  On the door going into the store was a big sign both in English and Spanish that they were not allowing anyone to use Bridge cards or WIC .  Then it was also announced over the PA system.  What is going on in our country that the poorest and youngest of our population is being refused sustenance?  My Lord, please help our country come to their senses.    I cry with the thoughts that the people who can in the least fend for themselves are being treated like this.    Ginny

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,537
Points 46,655
Debbie-do replied on Sat, Oct 12 2013 4:18 PM | Locked

Marie, Have you tried flying out of the Manchester, NH airport?  It's so much easier to get to and to get through than Logan!  It's a little farther away but with Boston traffic I bet it would take about the same amount of time to get to. 

Southwest of San Antonio

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,327
Points 46,255
Angele replied on Sat, Oct 12 2013 4:38 PM | Locked

Yep...oh well, there is always next week!!!

Angèle  from NWO

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,327
Points 46,255
Angele replied on Sat, Oct 12 2013 4:40 PM | Locked

Debbie:

Susie:
Roxana, Nan & Debbie--My heart goes out to you with your leg issues. 

This is great Debbie. Glad your legs are back to normal.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,327
Points 46,255
Angele replied on Sat, Oct 12 2013 4:45 PM | Locked

Thanks CC it is such a treat to have one of our sons here! I plan to really spoil him lots.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 356
Points 6,195
nantenn replied on Sat, Oct 12 2013 6:51 PM | Locked

Update :  left :   leg pain is up to knee.  Pain is increasing.. Hoping that ins co with pay for nerve stimulation  procedure.  Won't know till Nov.  if i keep leg down ,ike sitting position, i end up with back spasms. Very painful.   I am now using electric wheelchair in the house.  Did younall ernthat Disney now refusebto allows disble children orvadultsvto get in without waiting in line . Therevwas an indication that the would give you a ticket to come back and ri the ride based on waiting time. So you would have to wait but not in. Line!.  I think that is extremely sad. The hamdicapped childrenare the ones being hurt the most.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,797
MNnancy replied on Sat, Oct 12 2013 8:51 PM | Locked

CC, you don't have to sell me on the idea of coming to MT for a visit!  I'll be there with either DH, Angele, or both!  Sounds like plenty to see and do, so a few days at a quilt retreat will be icing on the cake!  We should find out how many might like to do that next year, and we can reserve a block of rooms for the QCA-ers.  

(I will say we have visited Glacier before, but never during the fall bird migration - and have NEVER dug for dinosaurs!) 

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,105
Points 109,540
chocake2 replied on Sat, Oct 12 2013 9:02 PM | Locked

MNnancy:

CC, you don't have to sell me on the idea of coming to MT for a visit!  I'll be there with either DH, Angele, or both!  Sounds like plenty to see and do, so a few days at a quilt retreat will be icing on the cake!  We should find out how many might like to do that next year, and we can reserve a block of rooms for the QCA-ers.  

(I will say we have visited Glacier before, but never during the fall bird migration - and have NEVER dug for dinosaurs!) 

DH pointed out that there's a new convention center being built that'll be open by spring. I bet that even if we don't go through the LQS, we could book a block of rooms there and have our own QCA retreat! Then we wouldn't have the obligatory sales pitch that goes with classes. ("Buy this gadget or you can't do this technique") The bird migrations are far more spectacular in the spring. Mid Feb through March, but sadly that's a bad time for Glacier and digging dinos. 

Page 118 of 244 (3651 items) « First ... < Previous 116 117 118 119 120 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use