Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #9

Page 117 of 244 (3651 items) « First ... < Previous 115 116 117 118 119 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,650 Replies | 68 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,282
Points 173,428
Marie replied on Fri, Oct 11 2013 10:32 AM | Locked

Melissa, sounds like you made happy memories for a lifetime on your trip, good for you.

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,282
Points 173,428
Marie replied on Fri, Oct 11 2013 10:50 AM | Locked

gini:

I think, ms. Marie, that you and kris need to plan a retreat somewhere close to the two of you.  I'ld be the first one to book a ticket.

Gini, I wouldn't know where to start but I'd love that if Kris would take the reins.  I'd be her sidekick and maybe Pat would get on board as well.  What say Kris?  Pat?

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,106
Points 109,560
chocake2 replied on Fri, Oct 11 2013 12:03 PM | Locked

Marie:

But CC, we'd be holding hands and that would make it all ok.  I traveled once with my 8 yr. old son and when there was a little turbulence my eyes practically fell out of my head and he and the guy a seat away were smiling behind my back.  NOT FUNNY!

A little turbulence is fun. A lot... well, now, that's another story.  

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,106
Points 109,560
chocake2 replied on Fri, Oct 11 2013 12:05 PM | Locked

Marie:

gini:

I think, ms. Marie, that you and kris need to plan a retreat somewhere close to the two of you.  I'ld be the first one to book a ticket.

Gini, I wouldn't know where to start but I'd love that if Kris would take the reins.  I'd be her sidekick and maybe Pat would get on board as well.  What say Kris?  Pat?

So, Gini, You'll pack me in your carry-on if they pull this off, right? 

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,106
Points 109,560
chocake2 replied on Fri, Oct 11 2013 12:08 PM | Locked

Actually, there is a retreat near here that I could probably make it to: 

CottonCapers RETREAT DATES: Don't forget about our great Quilt Retreats held in Choteau, MT at the Stage Stop Inn. In 2013 we are having 5' one in the spring and four in the fall. Contact us for more information. Price is $190.00 and includes lodging (2 people in a double queen room) and all meals. Great Fun, Lots of Demos, Ideas, and Training. This year we have 11 new techniques to share with you. Sew from 11:00 am Thursday to 1:00 on Sunday. You also have the option of coming on Wednesdays at noon. 

Sept. 19, 20, and 21 
Oct 17, 18, and 19 
Oct. 24, 25, and 26 
Nov. 7, 8, and 9 

Is anyone here going??

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,282
Points 173,428
Marie replied on Fri, Oct 11 2013 12:40 PM | Locked

CC, as long as you come here and pick me up so we could travel together, I'm game.  ;  )

Millbury, MA

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,670
Points 37,665
ls2116 replied on Fri, Oct 11 2013 1:19 PM | Locked

Well my DB has left for Fla. it was an emotional moment for me He said well kiddo you won't be seeing me again and my well burst of coarse he meant around here but I gave him the hug of my life and didn't want to let go.  I know the last time he left there was a really bad accident on the highway there and I was on pins and needles til I heard from him again.  Its funny though my support members can be so hyper critical of me.

Now to change subjects my DH always tells me I have the main floor in the house to decorate anyway I choose but when I tell him what I plan on doing ( little things)  he says no you can't do that.  So I guess I'm just plain stuck.

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,504
Points 50,725
Ginny replied on Fri, Oct 11 2013 2:20 PM | Locked

IS, did your brother move to Fla. permanently?  Somehow I got the idea in my head that it was for the winter.   Sorry that it makes you feel kind of lost.  I can appreciate that .   I am not even going to reply to the second part of your message, except to say that I hurt for you.    Ginny

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,106
Points 109,560
chocake2 replied on Fri, Oct 11 2013 4:05 PM | Locked

Bummer that your DB had to leave IS. I hate it when mine returns to his life after a visit. 

As for decorating your portion of the house...why bother telling your hubby what you plan to do? Just do it. He already gave you the go ahead so he can't complain when you do it. You're only as stuck as you let yourself be. 

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,261
Points 28,525
Agnes replied on Fri, Oct 11 2013 5:42 PM | Locked

chocake2:
As for decorating your portion of the house...why bother telling your hubby what you plan to do? Just do it. He already gave you the go ahead so he can't complain when you do it. You're only as stuck as you let yourself be. 

Is--I was going to comment but CC beat me to my answer. So I just doubly endorse what she already said. Unless I really planned something earth shattering I just did my thing. DH didn't like change. His idea was that you put a piece of furniture down that was its home for life. I learned to flex my muscles and move it. Would hear him telling customers in the store, if the topic was right, that he had to check the bedroom in daylight to know where to lie down. I won't even go into the comments about change of paint color or the like.

Agnes in NW Ontario

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,650
Points 135,977
Leslie replied on Fri, Oct 11 2013 7:36 PM | Locked

Nan and Roxana, my T &  P are with you

[Ava, Missouri

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,670
Points 37,665
ls2116 replied on Fri, Oct 11 2013 7:46 PM | Locked

Thanks for comments I so appreciate that people comprehend my vagueness.  As for my DB hes a snow bird but usually returns for xmas.  

One of my computers has a malfunctioning graphics card so now i'm back to having three people using my computer drives me crazy .  

Trying to get energy to sew tonight because it really is great therapy.

I discontinued a antidepressant my dr. put me on because I was getting so sick from it though I was smiling with glee and now being off it awhile I feel better though I have the blues.

Quilting My Rainbow

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 12
Points 215
Portia Ellis replied on Fri, Oct 11 2013 8:11 PM | Locked

Ladies, sorry I have been absent since joining last month.  I'm overwhelm with the picnic quilts  (7)I'm making for a customer and taking care of my premmy granddaughter.  She is getting so big, she started laughing out loud last week.

I would love some new quilting friends.  I live in MO. 

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,812
MNnancy replied on Fri, Oct 11 2013 8:12 PM | Locked

chocake2:

Sept. 19, 20, and 21 
Oct 17, 18, and 19 
Oct. 24, 25, and 26 
Nov. 7, 8, and 9 

Is anyone here going??

CC, those dates are this fall!  Not much notice.  How about letting us know next year's dates so we can plan ahead?  A Montana retreat could be fun!  Are there any quilt shops nearby?  If we wanted to do some site-seeing, would it involve dinosaurs?

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,351
Points 46,480
Angele replied on Sat, Oct 12 2013 7:47 AM | Locked

MNnancy:

chocake2:

Sept. 19, 20, and 21 
Oct 17, 18, and 19 
Oct. 24, 25, and 26 
Nov. 7, 8, and 9 

Is anyone here going??

CC, those dates are this fall!  Not much notice.  How about letting us know next year's dates so we can plan ahead?  A Montana retreat could be fun!  Are there any quilt shops nearby?  If we wanted to do some site-seeing, would it involve dinosaurs?

now Nancy, I could definitively go next fall. Maybe we could go together. I've never been to Montana!

Nan and Roxanna, you are in my prayers. I do hope and pray hard that they find a permanent solution to resolve your pain issues. Nan, my DH got hit in and around the eye while playing indoor soccer. The pain was so intense that he thought there was permanent damage. They sent him to a neurologist who explain that he was healed but his brain still thought there was damage...like phantom pains. It took three years for the pain to recede, but it is all gone now. I hope your pain will leave permanently too.

on a different note, I got the best surprise on Thursday. DS3 came home for our Thanksgiving weekend. To have at least one of them here is so wonderful. He is presently sleeping in his room...the only one with no fabric in yet...lol.

Angèle  from NWO

Page 117 of 244 (3651 items) « First ... < Previous 115 116 117 118 119 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use