Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #9

Page 112 of 220 (3294 items) « First ... < Previous 110 111 112 113 114 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,293 Replies | 65 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,293
Points 45,730
Angele replied on Sun, Oct 6 2013 7:39 PM

Patti that apple cider sounds good...yum! Today, I did my last batch so tomato sauce, then  some cinnamon buns, and chicken pot pie for supper. Just ran out of time and steam to get baking done. But laundry got done, kitchen is clean. This week I will clean the windows. Next weekend is our Thanksgiving. With the boys away, our plan is to paint the stairs and relax

Angèle  from NWO

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,033
Points 108,610

Thanks Gini. It looks like the same basic recipe I use but I don't generally have cilantro, and I never thought to toss in a green tomato. Maybe Sam should come and teach me to cook...

Funny Patti, I was just thinking that these macs would make great cider if I had a press. The folks had one when we were kids but I don't recall it ever being used other then as an object of much fascination for small people.  I suppose dad must have given it away. 

The boys 'helped' me peel and slice up a bunch of fruit for an apple crisp and then we made apple sauce. They asked to have it with supper. What a great treat.  ...I'm thinking that it's likely that I'll be sick to tears of apples before the week is out. 

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,057
Points 170,727
MNnancy replied on Sun, Oct 6 2013 8:26 PM

Angele:
Today, I did my last batch so tomato sauce, then  some cinnamon buns, and chicken pot pie for supper. Just ran out of time and steam to get baking done. But laundry got done, kitchen is clean. This week I will clean the windows. Next weekend is our Thanksgiving. With the boys away, our plan is to paint the stairs

I'm guessing no quilts are being made!  LOL

Most of my vegetable plants have been pulled.  Still hoping for a few more green peppers to turn red since they say we may not have a frost for another week or two.  That's really late for us.  After a good frost, I can cut the ferns off the asparagus plants and put those to bed, too.  I still have a lot of tomatoes in the house that we should process before leaving for retreat.  

Windows?  They may not get washed until spring!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,659
Points 435,535
Nana replied on Sun, Oct 6 2013 10:27 PM

Yum Gini now I am hungry.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,576
Points 36,070
ls2116 replied on Mon, Oct 7 2013 9:49 AM

Its back to sewing room with me.  Not using new machine yet because i feel if you start a project on one machine you need to finish on that one because of calibration.  Don't know if there is anything true in that.  Besides I have a ton of cleaning to do before I can even set it up and trying to finish my mq9 first.  

I just seen a new pfaff advertised in quiltmaker dec. issue 16.0 and again wondering if i made the right decision on machines.  it looks similar to tiara with table.  I know I don't need a embroidery machine to do quilting but its nice to have that feature.

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,057
Points 170,727
MNnancy replied on Mon, Oct 7 2013 1:20 PM

ls2116:
Not using new machine yet because i feel if you start a project on one machine you need to finish on that one because of calibration.

As Gini always says, "a quarter inch seam is a quarter inch seam is a quarter inch seam."  But I know what you mean.  I still struggle getting that accurate scant 1/4 inch seam, so I don't trust myself switching between machines.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,033
Points 108,610

*sigh* no sewing for me today. when I got up this AM, i thought there would be, but alas, life is happening. Sprout finally went down for a nap. I'm sure he needed one. So far today he's 'helped' me make hot pockets for school lunches, cinnamon rolls for after school snacks, do 4 loads of laundry and get them hung on the line, prune another 20' feet of  hedge (YAY! That section is finally done!) and mop the floor. I still need to pick up the branches we cut and run the vacuum. Then there's the laundry to bring in and fold. By the time that's done the kids will be home and it'll be time to help with homework and make supper. Bossman2 says he'll be by for the meal so there's no cheating  tonight. I'll have to fix 'real' food. Rats...

DD is very excited that she is going to be an 'aunt' soon. Her BF's  Bro and SiL are due in about a month. My goal today was to make a few small gifts for the baby. i found a darling pattern for a stuffed giraffe, and I thought some poncho-style bibs (made from dish towels) would come in handy. This is their first baby, so they might still be naive enough to think a bib is a bib is a bib... 

Bossman1 called this morning and offered me  the possibility of a new job. I'm not sure exactly what it entails but I think I'd  basically be taking over as the assit director  if  the board doesn't reinstate the current position holder's contract at the next meeting. I'm not sure how I feel about that. We didn't discuss wages (didn't think of it at the time) so I'm not sure it's worth it... But then again I know the ropes as well as anybody and continued income would be a Godsend right about now. Any income would... 

So... guess I'll go plug in Mr Slurpy (the vacuum) and mull it over while I see if there's actually a carpet under all the crumbies.

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,426
Points 72,090
Karla replied on Mon, Oct 7 2013 3:04 PM

The garden is all pulled up now, except for DGS3's pumpkin plant.  It has a gigantic pumpkin on it, but has not started to change color yet...I think we planted it too late, he might have to carve a green jack'o'lantern, but he won't care as green is his favorite color.

Had to pick up DGS1 from school today as he is sick.  I told him if he gets me sick right before the Oregon Retreat I'll disown him, but taking care of sick children is what grandma's do when needed.  Still have to take the younger 2 to TaeKwonDo today, and the 8 year old to the allergist tomorrow, husband to the dentist on Wednesday.  Guess I'll get everything packed on Thursday and Friday and Saturday.  We're not leaving until early Sunday morning as it's supposed to be only a 10 hour drive.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,401
Points 45,170

I am looking for some help. First I can't for the life of me remember how to start a thread so I don't know how many will see this. I have a ton of quilt magazines and in a couple of them I have seen patterns for making techie covers - i-pad, i-pod, Kindle, etc. I need to make a Kindle cover and don't have weeks to look through all of my mags. If any of you have seen a Kindle cover and know where you saw it would you please post it. The last ones I made I just made them without a pattern. They were ok, but I'd like a little more finesse this time. I appreciate your help.

• | Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,293
Points 45,730
Angele replied on Mon, Oct 7 2013 4:53 PM

Well since this coming weekend is a long weekend, I might just wash windows and paint steps one day and then sew the rest....hmmm sounds like a plan to me! Lol

Angèle  from NWO

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,293
Points 45,730
Angele replied on Mon, Oct 7 2013 5:02 PM

Pat I've seen some on Pinterest for sure. And if you google it I'm sure you will find some free patterns. Here is one I found.

http://sevensistersinchrist.blogspot.ca/2011/09/check-out-holiday-craft-along.html

Angèle  from NWO

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,530
Points 46,505

Pat, how about this:  http://www.allfreesewing.com/Miscellaneous-Projects/19-Gadget-Cases-and-Kindle-Cover-Sewing-Patterns

Southwest of San Antonio

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,110
Points 410,949
gini replied on Mon, Oct 7 2013 8:18 PM

http://www.polkadotchair.com/2011/03/padded-ipad-case-tutorial.html/

pat, this is the one i made.  i like it because it has a zippered pocket on the back to hold the cords and thingys

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,110
Points 410,949
gini replied on Mon, Oct 7 2013 8:19 PM

i like this site for finding things

http://tipnut.com/ipad-kindle-covers/

gini in north idaho

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,821
Points 85,145
Sukochi replied on Mon, Oct 7 2013 9:32 PM

Has anyone heard how Joni is doing? I must remember to try to call her yommorow. If I can reach her, I will let you all know.

Sukochi

Page 112 of 220 (3294 items) « First ... < Previous 110 111 112 113 114 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use