Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #9

Page 111 of 244 (3651 items) « First ... < Previous 109 110 111 112 113 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,650 Replies | 68 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,721
Points 436,920
Nana replied on Sat, Oct 5 2013 10:28 PM | Locked

Diana and I went to a small quilt show today.   Some very pretty quilts but no pictures due to camera malfunction.   I was surprised to see that a cousin from WV won First Place in large appliqued quilt, 2nd and 3rd place in two different wall hanging categories.   Then we had to go to the quilt shop.  Lewis spent twice as much on the fabrics he picked out as I did on mine.   Diana bet us both combined...LOL>    There was also a craft fair going on and Diana and I both bought picnic baskets with a shelf inside that was made by the Amish.   Mine is going to be used as a sewing basket.   Then we had a fantastic meal that was served family style.   The best roast beef and country ham that I have eaten in a very long time.   We came home stuffed miserably and totally worn out.   Now we a vegetating.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,430
Points 47,505
Angele replied on Sat, Oct 5 2013 10:50 PM | Locked

chocake2:

Oh Dear. I made a bad boo boo. I replied to you Angele and called you Marie. I am so sorry to both of you. :( I need to pay more attention to the posts I reply to.

Town was a long ordeal today. Glad to be home. Dh poured me a nice glass of wine after dinner and my shoes came right off. Feels good to just ....be... for a moment.

I got the boys new snow boots and coats. Sprout is in love with his. he's clomping around here, wearing an ear-to-ear grin, bending over and looking at his feet, pointing at his toes and babbling ...so sweet!  Had to get him new sneakers too as he's outgrown all of his footwear and it's too cold to be running around the yard barefoot now. He holds them up and says "Big!" I think he means that he's a big boy now, he's got big boy shoes. No more mocs.  :) He's growing up too fast.

Not a problem CC, as Marie is part of my middle name...hihihi. You must have known that deep down.

thanks everyone for the suggestions. For now I think I will unsew it all and felt it. Then the appliqués or wool quilt sound good.

Angèle  from NWO

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,770
Points 39,155
ls2116 replied on Sun, Oct 6 2013 12:48 AM | Locked

Had great time at Red Lobster today. Worked on my sewing today. 

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,556
Points 51,395
Ginny replied on Sun, Oct 6 2013 12:54 AM | Locked

Were you using your new machine?   That's right, you went for the crab fest.  Yum      Ginny

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 623
Points 10,745
zoetc49 replied on Sun, Oct 6 2013 2:34 AM | Locked

Donna, that was great !! Thanks for having me laughing at 2:30 am... when I just got back from swimming.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,401
Points 119,611
Patti replied on Sun, Oct 6 2013 8:48 AM | Locked

Today I am going to a national park, or at least the national forest, in protest to the stupid closure of parks, and pull knapweed. 

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,556
Points 51,395
Ginny replied on Sun, Oct 6 2013 9:38 AM | Locked

Good for you, Patti     Ginny

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Sun, Oct 6 2013 10:25 AM | Locked

well Patti, if your weather is at all like ours, you've got beautiful weather for weed pulling. Be sure to wear good heavy gloves. knapweed is nasty on your hands.

we took Bossman to the movie last night. The kids have been saving their egg money all summer so they could treat him to Planes.  it was a fun night out. We don't often get to go to the movies, so it was a treat. Sprout had a grand time. He devided his attention between the movie and using the seats as a jungle gym. DD and her bf sat behind us (i'm sure they figured they had it made as Mom and Dad's attention was forward - lol) and he thought it was wonderful fun to climb over mom and launch himself into the Bf's lap. I'm pretty sure we both have bruises this morning. LOL  Bossman got his share of Sprout hugs and smootchies as the night went on.  Jr loved the movie, and is busy paintin pics of  all of the cool flying machines this morning. He's already asked if santa will put it in his stocking. :D

Today I hope to get a little time for Mom as Daddy has a day off. But that will depend on how fast we can get through the chores. I still have to unload the firewood they go yesterday and stack it... 

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,429
Points 416,079
gini replied on Sun, Oct 6 2013 1:01 PM | Locked

that's what i'm doing, pulling weeds and clearing out the flower garden.  we haven't had a hard freeze yet.  that makes the job harder.   first it has to warm up a bit. 

gini in north idaho

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,591
Points 75,975
Karla replied on Sun, Oct 6 2013 3:11 PM | Locked

gini:

that's what i'm doing, pulling weeds and clearing out the flower garden.  we haven't had a hard freeze yet.  that makes the job harder.   first it has to warm up a bit. 

Beautiful day here today...need to go out and pull up all of the tomato plants...that's about all that's left in the ground.  We had a frost the other night, didn't seem to effect the tomatoes, but did a job on the cucs and DGS's pumpkin plant.  I'm going to pull them all up though as I have turned off the water system and I'm tired of canning, so out they go.  Besides, there will be no one here to take care for a week...

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,429
Points 416,079
gini replied on Sun, Oct 6 2013 4:51 PM | Locked

bring the green tomatoes, i can make fresh salsa out of them.

gini in north idaho

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Sun, Oct 6 2013 5:15 PM | Locked

gini:

bring the green tomatoes, i can make fresh salsa out of them.

Share your recipe? I was just given a big box of green tomatoes! 

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Sun, Oct 6 2013 5:26 PM | Locked

I started the day off unloading and stacking firewood ('earned a few new aches and pains), then helped hubby fix the fence that blew down last week, winterized the chicken coop  and picked apples. And picked apples. And picked apples...  Does anybody want any apples? I think we have enough to spare. LOL The kids have made the rounds and shared our bounty all over town, but  we still have 7 big boxes full.  I remember a time when it was a huge big deal to be given a bag of apples in the fall. We rationed them carefully and savored the treat. Now... well...  I'm glad we are able to share the wealth. LOL   I promised DH I'd make apple butter this week and he has his heart set on a pie or 3... Today the kids requested apple sauce. 

So, besides being buried in newly ripened fruit, I got to play with my torch for a little bit. I saw a dragon bead on line that really inspired me. Mine aren't as good by a long shot but the kids like 'em...

Now I'd better go start peeling and coring those crispy red orbs. 

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,401
Points 119,611
Patti replied on Sun, Oct 6 2013 6:10 PM | Locked

Back from the picnic at a National park campground.  Had the place to ourselves.  Did not even try the rest room, as I am sure that was locked and besides, as the sign says there is no one to maintain the facilities.   Have you heard of adopt a highway?  That is where some person or group makes it their responsibility to pick up the garbage along the road.  Maybe we should be able to "adopt a campground."

CC, every year we make cider.  We have an old fashioned cider press and the community gathers at our place.  One year we got more than 60 gallons.  It freezes great, taste just like fresh when thawed out a couple years later.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,429
Points 416,079
gini replied on Sun, Oct 6 2013 7:29 PM | Locked

CC.   Here's the basic recipe:

1 can corn or fresh grilled

1 can black beans drained

1 onion diced

1 large tomato diced.   

1 bunch cilantro. Chopped

1 lime juiced

1 fresh jalapeño finely diced.   I add more depending on heat

1 teaspoon -  salt, sugar, cumin, black pepper

to this I add or subtract stuff that's available,   Tomatillos, cabbage, green tomatoes, avacado, other spices, parsley,  shrimp, other beans, chicken, pork/ shredded,  when I add meat I serve it in hot tortillas.   This would be the godly " I",  Sam does the actual preparing.  I am so spoiled.  I don't eat much when he's gone.  He left this morning and there are no leftovers, dang.

Wil calls this "grumpa's famous salsa".   He thinks Sam should open a restaurant.   I asked him what else should be on the menu and he replied " chips",  that would make an easy restaurant to operate.

gini in north idaho

Page 111 of 244 (3651 items) « First ... < Previous 109 110 111 112 113 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use