Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #9

Page 109 of 244 (3651 items) « First ... < Previous 107 108 109 110 111 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,650 Replies | 68 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,187
Points 15,895
Susan replied on Fri, Oct 4 2013 9:24 PM | Locked

Beth, So glad Camille is on the mend from this nasty infection. Your Sister-in-law to be is an earth angel. I admire her courage and giving spirit. Happy 29th Anniversary, too. I will keep Camille in  my prayers as it sounds like it wont be long now for her transplant. Keep us updated! Susan

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,664
Points 37,560
ls2116 replied on Fri, Oct 4 2013 9:35 PM | Locked

Forgot to mention the other day that I was out with DH at his favorite store and just about landed on the ground on the floor an employee of the store had left a thre tier step stool collapsed on the floor and I stumbled.  This morning I could barely walk but as the day went on symptoms improved.

Quilting My Rainbow

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,473
Points 24,140
Elaine Phillips replied on Fri, Oct 4 2013 10:09 PM | Locked

gini:

Goodness, how did your tire get such a big gash? 

Gini, I live on gravel and I think a rock went thru the sidewall . At least that is the explanation my son gave me.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,473
Points 24,140
Elaine Phillips replied on Fri, Oct 4 2013 10:21 PM | Locked

Marie:

Some days it doesn't pay to get out of bed, hope your having a better day today, Elaine. 

yes, Marie and nana, today was much better. We got the new Viking Platinum 16 in the shop yesterday and we set it up today. Then I got to test drive it. It is awesome. Quilts like a dream. My boss sent me upstairs to try it out and she told my coworker"I guess we won't see her for the rest of the day. " I can actually do a halfway decent job quilting on it. I'm gonna have to have one.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,473
Points 24,140
Elaine Phillips replied on Fri, Oct 4 2013 10:27 PM | Locked

Beth, I will keep Camille in my prayers. So young to need such serious surgery. God bless that sweet lady for donating her kidney to such a sweet child.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,797
MNnancy replied on Sat, Oct 5 2013 7:08 AM | Locked

Elaine Phillips:
I'm gonna have to have one.

Christmas present to yourself?  Sounds exciting!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,797
MNnancy replied on Sat, Oct 5 2013 7:14 AM | Locked

This morning I'll be driving the 90 miles south to where we lived pre-retirement.  A friend there got involved with the local guild, and she entered a couple of quilts in their biennial show on display this weekend and invited me down. As I was showering this morning, I was thinking back to our old home and how my sewing room there would have been a great quilting room, bigger than what I have now, only I wasn't a quilter at that point. I know where I would have put my mid-arm, too.  Funny how one gets nostalgic at times.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,664
Points 37,560
ls2116 replied on Sat, Oct 5 2013 8:26 AM | Locked

MN that reminded me of our previouse house we had a acre and a small dog at that time, and or current house regular size lot we got a golden retreiver funny how things are sometimes.  Going out today for lunch with family at red lobster their crabfest is pulling us in.  

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,119
Points 14,425
Dawn replied on Sat, Oct 5 2013 8:41 AM | Locked

Praying Beth!  She is adorable!  I did have a fun time at the Des Moines quilt show yesterday and was very happy-tired!  Went out to supper w/our kids for DH b.day, which is tomorrow.  I will post pics in another post . . .  

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 265
Points 4,945
Lesley replied on Sat, Oct 5 2013 9:18 AM | Locked

Beth hope everything continues well for Camille.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 265
Points 4,945
Lesley replied on Sat, Oct 5 2013 9:27 AM | Locked

Stupid computer! Definatley not operator error!!!

I have read all your news via my emails but I have used my Ipad a lot and it is difficult to get in the swing of replying so apologies for my absence.

Hope you are all doing ok!

I am now on  a maintenance programme with the weight loss and doing ok. Still drinking 3 litres of water a day I can pee for England! Still total loss of 15lbs in 5 weeks so very pleased. We are off to Florida in 6 weeks so it has worked well timewise. I am 1/2 way through week 2 so another 4 after that and then I can enjoy my holiday.

At work I have been offered voluntary redundancy no guarantee I will get it but the package is good and as I am 58 next month I hope they take that into consideration and let me go. I work for one of the major banks in mortgage processing and haven given the offer consideration I think the time is right for me to look elsewhere, less hours nearer to home maybe, The decision will be made week beginning 18th November just as we start our holiday so I will either have a fantastic break or if the answer is no I will be upset but wont let it spoil our holiday.

CC Sprout is so adorable bless him.

Take care

Xxxx

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,650
Points 135,977
Leslie replied on Sat, Oct 5 2013 9:56 AM | Locked

Lesley,  great job on your weight loss

[Ava, Missouri

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,650
Points 135,977
Leslie replied on Sat, Oct 5 2013 9:56 AM | Locked

Lesley,  great job on your weight loss

[Ava, Missouri

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,583
Points 75,695
Karla replied on Sat, Oct 5 2013 10:07 AM | Locked

OK, no more football games for another week, TaeKwonDo belt test over for 3 months, now to start working on the next one...

I guess it is about time that I start getting ready for the retreat...haven't decided on one project to bring, I might just be winging it while there.  This cold or allergies has now got us both down so not feeling like doing much.  I think I will spend today working on catching up MQ9, I'm getting there.  If all else fails, I guess I can take it to the retreat.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,354
Points 414,879
gini replied on Sat, Oct 5 2013 10:28 AM | Locked

Karla, not to worry, I can find a project for you to work on.

gini in north idaho

Page 109 of 244 (3651 items) « First ... < Previous 107 108 109 110 111 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use