Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #9

Page 108 of 244 (3651 items) « First ... < Previous 106 107 108 109 110 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,650 Replies | 68 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,342
Points 46,405
Angele replied on Fri, Oct 4 2013 7:22 AM | Locked

Karla you are so ahead of me. I just can't keep up with this one...too many things on hold beside work every day.

Angèle  from NWO

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,342
Points 46,405
Angele replied on Fri, Oct 4 2013 7:28 AM | Locked

Chocake, great that Jr has his cast off.  You have so much green because it's your favourite colour or because you avoid using it???

i have a question for all of you. 

Many years ago my aunt gave me two fully pleated skirts made of fine wool tartan. I can't wear them anymore, but would like to use them and make something as a gentle reminder of who she was. One is a red tartan and the other green. Any ideas?

Angèle  from NWO

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,342
Points 46,405
Angele replied on Fri, Oct 4 2013 7:34 AM | Locked

Beth, Camille is a cutie. I'm happy that she is on the mend your table runner is very cute!. Praying that all is a go for the transplant. And yes we will persevere!

Angèle  from NWO

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,650
Points 135,977
Leslie replied on Fri, Oct 4 2013 7:57 AM | Locked

Beth, T&P with you and your family, Camille, is a beauty

[Ava, Missouri

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,272
Points 173,273
Marie replied on Fri, Oct 4 2013 9:17 AM | Locked

Beth, glad Camille's problem was taken care of and that she's home.  What a cutie patootie she is!  Good mom is home as well.  Good luck with the fundraiser!  Love all the goodies in your basket, especially the table runner you made to go in it.

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,272
Points 173,273
Marie replied on Fri, Oct 4 2013 9:24 AM | Locked

Some days it doesn't pay to get out of bed, hope your having a better day today, Elaine. 

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,272
Points 173,273
Marie replied on Fri, Oct 4 2013 9:32 AM | Locked

Glad you're feeling better Is.

Nana, might just as well get the mud out this week, next week is retreat and fun fun fun!

Dawn, glad you get to go to the quilt show .

Good deal Susie a free foot pedal and you get to sew again!

CC, good for Jr. he deserves to gross everyone out for his pain.  :  )

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,272
Points 173,273
Marie replied on Fri, Oct 4 2013 9:38 AM | Locked

Melissa, wishing you much good luck with your quilt shop!  With all the great advice you received here I know it will be a success.  

Just think of your quilty friends here walking beside you and holding your hand when you go to Thailand and you'll be just fine.

Millbury, MA

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,406
Points 19,540
Melissa Halpain replied on Fri, Oct 4 2013 9:54 AM | Locked

Beth, your Camille is such a cutie pie. My thoughts and prayers are with you. Thank you Marie for your kind words. There is always something going on in our lives on this site. It is such a wonderful thing to be able to get on here and talk to everyone. We all get so much encouragement and kind thoughts and of course our prayers from everyone. This site is a Godsend for me and I'm sure most of you. Thank you to everyone.

Georgetown CA I'd Rather Be Quilting

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,395
Points 119,521
Patti replied on Fri, Oct 4 2013 9:55 AM | Locked

Angele:
Many years ago my aunt gave me two fully pleated skirts made of fine wool tartan. I can't wear them anymore, but would like to use them and make something as a gentle reminder of who she was. One is a red tartan and the other green. Any ideas?

Angele, what about a wool table runner or tree skirt for Christmas.  pieced, appliqued, or perhaps felted.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,106
Points 109,560
chocake2 replied on Fri, Oct 4 2013 10:34 AM | Locked

Gosh Marie, that's a challenge. My  1st thought was to make a wall hanging and use the wool for a skirt on an image of your aunt. Something like the quilts Lorali makes.   My other thought is that wool makes up into beautiful quilts. The sheep herders in this area all had simple patch quilts made from old wool clothing and they are beautiful. They don't wear out, either!  If you have a woolen mill nearby you can probably come up with a few other colors to add to the mix and create a nice blend.  Or look for other skirts at the good will that you can use. 

Patti, I love your new avatar! 

I dug out the kids' halloween wallies and hung them yesterday. Jr was so funny. He made sure I put his in the 'best' spot, but cause it's super special. The kids all delight in having them on display. Makes mom smile...

Dh Says we are going to the city today by way of his Moms.He's not out of bed yet. Mom always has a jillion little things for us to do when we are there, so I am betting that we won't even make it to the city limits before 2, and then have 3 hours of running around to do (if the traffic isn't bad)... It's gonna be a lo-o-ong day. 

I need to clean the fridge before we leave. Poor thing hasn't been wiped down in so long it'll probably collapse when the crumbs are swept out!

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,344
Points 414,814
gini replied on Fri, Oct 4 2013 10:55 AM | Locked

Angele, if you want to make a quilty type thing, you should felt the material first by washing it in a little detergent and hot water then dry on hot in the dryer.   That way it won't shrink after you make your project.  I have a couple of quilts my great grand mother made out of ggrampa's suits.  They are still in good condition after more than 70 years. Wool quilts are warm, but heavy.  Wool appliqué is beautiful.   Appliqué wool on wool, appliqué wool on cotton.  I haven't tried appliquing cotton on wool. A simple throw alternating  the two plaids would be nice.  Wool is expensive to buy in stores.  If you have thrift stores, I bet you can find some wool suits or skirts in fabrics that will compliment the ones you have,   Felt them, too. 

gini in north idaho

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,024
Points 15,645
weezee56 replied on Fri, Oct 4 2013 12:00 PM | Locked

Melissa, You are living my Dream. Having your own quilt shop, I'd love to work in a quilt shop, but I think my feet and knees will not let me. I wish you the best.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,106
Points 109,560
chocake2 replied on Fri, Oct 4 2013 9:09 PM | Locked

Oh Dear. I made a bad boo boo. I replied to you Angele and called you Marie. I am so sorry to both of you. :( I need to pay more attention to the posts I reply to.

Town was a long ordeal today. Glad to be home. Dh poured me a nice glass of wine after dinner and my shoes came right off. Feels good to just ....be... for a moment.

I got the boys new snow boots and coats. Sprout is in love with his. he's clomping around here, wearing an ear-to-ear grin, bending over and looking at his feet, pointing at his toes and babbling ...so sweet!  Had to get him new sneakers too as he's outgrown all of his footwear and it's too cold to be running around the yard barefoot now. He holds them up and says "Big!" I think he means that he's a big boy now, he's got big boy shoes. No more mocs.  :) He's growing up too fast.

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

• | Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,797
MNnancy replied on Fri, Oct 4 2013 9:22 PM | Locked

chocake2:
He holds them up and says "Big!"  He's growing up too fast.

I agree, and I've never even met him!  LOL  Thanks for keeping us up to date with Sprout's antics.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Page 108 of 244 (3651 items) « First ... < Previous 106 107 108 109 110 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use