Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #9

Page 105 of 244 (3651 items) « First ... < Previous 103 104 105 106 107 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,650 Replies | 68 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Wed, Oct 2 2013 1:45 PM | Locked

Marsha-SM:
 Thankfully, I can sit and starch and iron the fat quarters for the Loyal Union Soldier quilt on my lap-size 2 sided cutting board.  How handy for my achy and fatigue-filled days.  I have nearly worn the cutting side down to the backing and the ironing side is pretty grubby-looking with scorch marks, etc.
I have a June Tayler cutting mat/ironing board combo too. Love it. In fact I've uses it so much that the cutting mat has separated from the base.  you talk about your ironing side being a bit grubby. OhGeez! Mine would scare a meeker person! And the guide grid is all distorted...   Maybe it's time to invest another 40% off coupon on a new one the next time I get to a Joanne's...

Hope your head ache eases soon. A nice cup of tea and an afternoon nap might be in order. 

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,587
Points 75,910
Karla replied on Wed, Oct 2 2013 1:55 PM | Locked

Just sat down for a quick lunch of Hot'n'Spicy Shrimp Cup'o'Soup, thought the hot'n'spicy might help clear the sinus.  I added a couple of ripe tomatoes for the Vitamin A & C...now I need a nap, but must continue with the sewing before TaeKwonDo this afternoon.  

I've got 35 of the first block put together now...maybe I can get all 84 of them made today, I hope so anyway.  I dug out the fabrics that I think might work on my border for the RR, now just to decide what that border should look like.

The nap, however, is looking better and better.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,409
Points 47,175
Angele replied on Wed, Oct 2 2013 7:16 PM | Locked

chocake2:

Ok! Enough already! Between Nancy's pesto and Sam's soup I am hungry! Got Pork and apples in the oven, and made sage and garlic gnocchi. Think I'll fry some cabbage  and we'll all eat high on the hog tonight. Too bad I didn't think to make some nice whole wheat nut rolls to go with it... :[  

And CC awesome supper...yum!   Now my egg sandwich doesn't sound so good...lol

Angèle  from NWO

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,409
Points 47,175
Angele replied on Wed, Oct 2 2013 7:33 PM | Locked

zoetc49:

Hi Everyone,

I told you all that I did not know what to do with the quilt I made that guy that turned out to be a jerk. Will, I took it up to his office today due to some other issues. Should he call , it does not matter to me. I have healed now and I am just so blessed to know that I was not one of his ex's who he cheated on.  He is very good at being the player and very deceptive. I now know what to look out for. I wanted to get him the quilt because I did make it for him and I just felt it had to be with him, his son will most likely be the one who uses it which is wonderful. I also had made some kitchen dress towels that used the same school fabric and I decided to take those out of the box and called up a woman from the Alumni and they will use these to raise money.  i only pray that the people who told me about him don't lose their jobs. They helped me heal and they gave me the closure that he could never give me. I will not be going back, but I will not tell them that.    

Thank you for your support and hugs, it was very helpful. Now maybe I can get back to what I really enjoy- quilting and walking....not at the same time though.  : )

Zoetc, it is now onward right? At least this is what I'm praying for. You have a very generous heart. You made your decision based on your personal feelings and you are at peace with your choice. This is good. Now you are turning a page and  will find someone who will love you and be your best friend for a very very long time.

Angèle  from NWO

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Wed, Oct 2 2013 8:43 PM | Locked

chocake2:
And the guide grid is all distorted...

That's a flaw in the design of this thing, I think.  I mostly use mine when I am attending a sewing event, and when I am finished for the day, I close it up so that the heat from the recently used ironing surface is directly next to the cutting mat.  And then I store the unit on its side instead of flat as I would any other cutting mat.  No wonder the mat warped!!!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Wed, Oct 2 2013 8:50 PM | Locked

Marie:
which shop did you find this fabric, I need to make not only pillow cases but top and bottom sheets!  Looks like I'll be spending my winter under cover.  Yummy!

Alexander Henry makes that line of fabric.  Search for "Hurry down the chimney."  Those guys will keep you warm!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 35
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 617
Points 10,670
zoetc49 replied on Wed, Oct 2 2013 9:28 PM | Locked

Angele,

Yes, I am fine now. He might call to thank me for the quilt, but I don't plan to answer the phone. I don't need anything from him- ever again I don't need to talk with him or anything.  !!  I don't trust him, he is a user, deceiver, and a whole list of other names that I cannot post here...lol. The only thing that I am angry with him about on my end is that he did not man up, it's all about him. If I spoke with him, he would only make it worst and try to blame me.  I now have the "end" I needed so that I can move forward. Yes, I agree I will be blessed with real love, the kind that I deserve, and now I will know what I will accept.

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 617
Points 10,670
zoetc49 replied on Wed, Oct 2 2013 9:32 PM | Locked

One year I made my then 17 year old niece a pillow case with this line, the fireman were on one side and the ranch cowboys on the other side. She then took it to her boyfriend ( now husband) and told him that I made that for him..lol 

MNnancy:

Marie:
which shop did you find this fabric, I need to make not only pillow cases but top and bottom sheets!  Looks like I'll be spending my winter under cover.  Yummy!

Alexander Henry makes that line of fabric.  Search for "Hurry down the chimney."  Those guys will keep you warm!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Wed, Oct 2 2013 10:04 PM | Locked

Nancy

Maybe you should learn to leave it open until it cools.   Mine so far is doing just fine but I don't close it until it is cool.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Wed, Oct 2 2013 10:19 PM | Locked

I learned that lesson too late.  It's okay - I use the pressing side much more than I do that little cutting mat.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Wed, Oct 2 2013 10:34 PM | Locked

Open/closed?  You gals must have a different combo then I do. Mine just flips withthe cutting mat on one side and the pressing pad on the other.  Knd of a pain to have to go back and forth with it,  now that I think about it, but since I rarely need both surfaces at the same time....

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,449
Points 176,348
Marie replied on Thu, Oct 3 2013 6:34 AM | Locked

Thanks Nancy, will make a search.

Millbury, MA

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,137
Points 14,725
Dawn replied on Thu, Oct 3 2013 7:09 AM | Locked

Kinda bummed today.  Wanted to go to the APQS quilt show in Des Moines, but the people I had hoped to go with haven't called me back.  And Fons & Porter are having their big warehouse sale!!  $6 a yard!  1600 bolts!  Oh well, may just go to my LQS and shop there.  I am just not comfortable in a town I don't know.  I have been to Des Moines, but always w/someone.  Oh well, there is next year.

Going to a huge garage sale w/DD this morning.  It is our bi-annual trip and they have all kids stuff, from clothes to book to toys and DVDs.  I like to buy for all 6 grandkids, like to help where we can.  We are expecting some major storms tomorrow and Saturday.  Might trek to the LQS today . . . Then I can stay home, safe and sound.  I hope we do get some storms, just not hail and tornadoes.  I love thunder and lightening!  :-)  Everyone have the most wonderful day!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,587
Points 75,910
Karla replied on Thu, Oct 3 2013 8:59 AM | Locked

A cool and cloudy morning, feeling a little better today, head not quite so stuffed up.  Still not sure if it's allergies or a cold, but either way feel better so it's OK.

Today will be a sewing day, maybe a grocery shopping day too.  Tonight it is a football game in Reno, and it sounds like it's going to be a cold one.  Time to dig out the sweatshirts and coats just in case.  Maybe take a quilt along to keep the legs warm.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Thu, Oct 3 2013 11:08 AM | Locked

Cool and cloudy here, too. We seen to be running neck and neck with you for Weather, Karla.

Hoping to get Jr's cast off today. He has a fallow up appointment and the doc seemed pretty confident that the cumbersome thing would be done. 

I succeeded in washing the windows yesterday. Wow! There is a world out there! Who knew?

And I had enough of the monster hedge that blocks my view of the mountains, so I took the lopping shears after that overgrown mess. It's reduced by a 1/3rd and now I can see across the fields again. I still have about 1/2 the back and  all of the front to do. there's another section of hedge between the main yard and the chicken yard,but that will have to wait for DH as it's just too big for the loppers to tackle.  Besides, I think he should share in the sore shoulders...  (But let's be realistic. It won't get done unless I do it) Yes...I know I am a Bad groundskeeper to wait until now to do the pruning, but at least I got it started. LOL

Have a great day. I hope you get out to the quilt show Dawn.  

Marie, don't go too overboard onthat fun fabric. You have to leave some for the rest of us.

Page 105 of 244 (3651 items) « First ... < Previous 103 104 105 106 107 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use