Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #9

Page 102 of 244 (3651 items) « First ... < Previous 100 101 102 103 104 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,650 Replies | 68 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,458
Points 416,719
gini replied on Mon, Sep 30 2013 9:44 PM | Locked

ginny, i hope your tests go well 

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,829
Points 39,955
ls2116 replied on Tue, Oct 1 2013 1:09 AM | Locked

Ginny I'm praying for ya!  Docs wanted to do that test on me when I had to babies at home.  I passed then and my bp med keeps arrythmias in check.  Hope you recover quickly.  I've heard from others that there is nothing to the test but I'm still waiting til they give me no choice.

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,144
Points 14,805
Dawn replied on Tue, Oct 1 2013 7:38 AM | Locked

Gini, I was so looking forward to your visit!  :-)  Next time!

I make something like you had, it is Zuppa, from Olive Garden.  I don't like it all that much, but my friends and family like it.  

I am having company tonight so making lasagna for supper, but first I have to make the pasta, thaw out my sauce I made, make some brownies, from a box,  tidy up the house and then I hope to still applique some wall hangings I am making for my bowling team.  We will see if I don't just read a book instead.  LOL!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Tue, Oct 1 2013 7:41 AM | Locked

gini:
but sam had some soup made from a recipe that's been going around facebook.    potato sausage kale

Yum!  Any chance Sam could pin that to your Facebook page?

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,784
Points 30,506
Joni replied on Tue, Oct 1 2013 8:08 AM | Locked

I purchased a Brother XR-65 from WalMart in 2003, still sewing and piecing on it today.  Have used this machine for over 12 quilts, mending clothes, horse blankets and various other sewing needs.  It works as good today

as the day I putchased it.  I would reccomend buying Brother mzchines as well as buying from WalMart.

over the years I have purchased  many products from Wally and never had any problems returung any item.  So far I rarely return except don't fit, don't like etc.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,784
Points 30,506
Joni replied on Tue, Oct 1 2013 8:11 AM | Locked

Debbie please read above msg regarding WalMart and Brother machine.  Just my experience.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,784
Points 30,506
Joni replied on Tue, Oct 1 2013 8:20 AM | Locked

Leslie

Please hhave a banisster put on your stait wall, it coulde be stainrd to match the gorgeous wood on other side.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,829
Points 39,955
ls2116 replied on Tue, Oct 1 2013 10:05 AM | Locked

Heading out to lunch with DB, then I have to stop by Joann's have to exchange a quilt book that i bought a double on just shows how much i liked that book ...right.

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 466
Points 8,840
Jan replied on Tue, Oct 1 2013 10:59 AM | Locked

i have a brother Disney embroidery machine, a singer 4 thread serger, and a regular Singer $100 starter machine all from Walmart (before I was advised against it).  The Brother is the most used and a dream.  Never a problem in about 8 years.  Same with the Serger.  The "beginner sewer" Singer doesn't like to stay threaded though.  We have had it in to the shop (at the LQS) and it has been cleaned and reset a couple of times.  It is a manual machine.  I don't think I would do that again. The beginner sewer I got it for is so frustrated, she doesn't want to use it.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,458
Points 416,719
gini replied on Tue, Oct 1 2013 11:16 AM | Locked

MNnancy:

Yum!  Any chance Sam could pin that to your Facebook page?

i'll find it for you and put on my facebook.

gini in north idaho

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Tue, Oct 1 2013 11:26 AM | Locked

Hmmm It's interesting to see all of the favorable reports on Walmart/Brother machines. Dad bought me a Brother serger at Walmart 15 years ago and frankly, it's crap. I've spent more to keep it running then he did buying it. It never has held tension settings, the feed goes out regularly... Well, anyway, i'm glad the restof you have had good luck. Maybe mines just an odd duck.

As for the $100 Singer machines at discount stores, I think you are better off getting simple machine from a reputable dealer and getting the warrantee that comes with them. i know that Bernina sells a nice little straight stitch machine that goes on sale around Christmas for $99, and i'm sure the other dealers offer similar deals. Sometimes they even come with an orientation class as part of the package! Perfect for a beginner! 

I am a slug today. I only just woke up, and then only because the Sprout roused up himself... For the life of me I can't figure out why I slept so long!? I'm usually on the go by sunrise or earlier! Holey-Ding-Dang! The day is half over and passing me by! And I even got a good nights sleep last night with Sprout only up 2ce. 'Can't believe i slept through the kids going out the door, but I guess they made it alright since they aren't here and there are dirty breakfast dishes in the sink.

Happy October, Everybody!

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,604
Points 48,215
Debbie-do replied on Tue, Oct 1 2013 12:23 PM | Locked

Thank you everyone for your input on that Singer machine.  She's decided to go with me one day and test some of the low end machines at Joann's and check out the repair shops for used machines before making any decisions. 

Southwest of San Antonio

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,592
Points 75,980
Karla replied on Tue, Oct 1 2013 12:25 PM | Locked

Not sure if I'm getting a cold and an allergic reaction to the sage in bloom.  I now have a cough and a runny nose and stopped up head.  It all appears to be in my head...stupid drainage down the throat causing the coughing.  Even though don't feel up to snuff, I did get the lawn mowed this morning, not that it made my head any better, but at least it's done for another week.  I think I'm looking forward to when the frost sets in and the grass goes dormant.  

Today, before I do anything else, I'm going to finish the HST's for MQ9...only 86 more to make, press and trim.  I also want to get started on the next 6 blocks for the Loyal Union Soldier quilt so they are done before I head to the retreat.

I've still got to get my retreat gifts made...only 11 more days to go...and get my projects ready to take along.  So if I'm going to get any of this done, I better get off of the computer and get to work.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,829
Points 39,955
ls2116 replied on Tue, Oct 1 2013 1:39 PM | Locked

Karla that sounds like what I've been going through for last month and am still fighting with.  The only med that i was prescribed by dr. that somewhat helped was a antibiotic.  I think this one just has to run its coarse.  Hope you feel better soon.

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,592
Points 75,980
Karla replied on Tue, Oct 1 2013 1:58 PM | Locked

Me too!  It's so hard to get motivated to get everything that is needed to get done when you're not up to snuff...but I will persevere.

Page 102 of 244 (3651 items) « First ... < Previous 100 101 102 103 104 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use