Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #9

Page 100 of 244 (3651 items) « First ... < Previous 98 99 100 101 102 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,650 Replies | 68 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,399
Points 119,586
Patti replied on Mon, Sep 30 2013 8:46 AM | Locked

DD will be in Israel for at least a year.  She will be home for Passover, and we hope to visit there.  She is looking at a program that may keep her there 3+ years.  

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• | Post Points: 50
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 709
Points 13,830
Carol from Pittsburgh replied on Mon, Sep 30 2013 8:58 AM | Locked

Karla:

Patti:

I coughed continually when I was on Lisinopril. 

My husband and neighbor did too.  Doctor finally took husband off of Lisinopril.  He takes a new one now, can't remember which one it is though.

My doctor just switched me from Lisinopril to Losartan because of the coughing with Lisinopril.  I put up with the coughing for 4 months till my chest was hurting from it. I've only taken the Losartan for two days so far, but there is no more coughing.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,587
Points 75,910
Karla replied on Mon, Sep 30 2013 9:01 AM | Locked

That's it, DH now takes Losartan and no more coughing.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 709
Points 13,830
Carol from Pittsburgh replied on Mon, Sep 30 2013 9:02 AM | Locked

Patti, Have a safe trip. I hope your DD enjoys her time in Israel and I hope you get a chance to visit her there. Will you be able to speak with her on Skype or something similar so that you can see each other?

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Mon, Sep 30 2013 10:03 AM | Locked

Have a good day Patti. I know it's going to be hard to see her off, but at least with modern technology you can stay in touch.She'll be in our prayers.

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Mon, Sep 30 2013 10:48 AM | Locked

Ginny, Kennewick WA and Boardman OR are only about 30-40 miles apart...on opposite sides of the Columbia River.  While Boardman is at a higher altitude they both are in the same climate zone.  Kennewick may get a little more rain than Boardman because of the wind patterns, but not much!  I will bet Boardman had just about the same amount of rain this past week as Kennewick.  There is little likelihood that any place in Oregon or Washington escaped these storms completely!  

Winthrop, WA

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Mon, Sep 30 2013 10:52 AM | Locked

Patti:

DD will be in Israel for at least a year.  She will be home for Passover, and we hope to visit there.  She is looking at a program that may keep her there 3+ years.  

Patti, have a safe trip and enjoy the Bothell quilt store.  I know Tuesday will be difficult, but look forward to making that trip to Israel happen!  I think Skype would be a great idea for both of you to keep in touch - face to face!  I have a friend here with grands in Wisconsin who have a Tuesday night Skype date set up...before the kid's bedtime.  It really works for them to keep in touch with there grandchildren...they even read them bedtime stories sometimes!

Winthrop, WA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,540
Points 51,225
Ginny replied on Mon, Sep 30 2013 11:00 AM | Locked

Thanks Donna for the info.  I knew where she moved was fairly close, but with the elevation changes and the mountains, I thought there could be a chance of more moisture in that area.  She does not do well with damp weather, her RA and fibromyalgia really kick up then.    Ginny

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,540
Points 51,225
Ginny replied on Mon, Sep 30 2013 11:17 AM | Locked

Well, I go see the interventional cardiologist this afternoon about my aortic valve problem.  This is turning into a big frightening deal. Just wish that I didn't have to deal with this. They are going to have to do a cardiac cath. first. During the cath they have to poke a hole thru the atrium from one side to the other so they can measure the pressures above and below the aortic valve that is now there. They can't just go from one area to the other as it would render the valve that I now have useless.  My daughter was supposed to go with me, but she is babysitting Aden, my GGS and he has his first cold and is miserable along with his teething also.  So I have to go it alone. Frankly, I can say that I am getting very nervous about all I face.  Please say a prayer.    Ginny

• | Post Points: 95
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,587
Points 75,910
Karla replied on Mon, Sep 30 2013 11:34 AM | Locked

Good thoughts and prayers for you Ginny...and for little Aden too.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Mon, Sep 30 2013 12:18 PM | Locked

Prayers going up for you,  Ginny. If I were closer, i'd go with you. Hope Aden gets over his sniffles and cuts that tooth quickly.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Mon, Sep 30 2013 12:23 PM | Locked

'Just took my pickled crab apples out of the canner. The recipe said it made 6 pints. Funny, I used more apples then they called for (a whole half lb. LOL) and still only ended up with 3 1/2 pints. guess I packed my jars tighter. we'll see if they are any good with thanksgiving dinner... 

I'd hoped to have Dh babysit for a few hours today so I could have some me time, but, alas, he just announced that we have to make a town run. tomorrow is shot too. And thurs jr goes to get his cast off, so no Mommy time then either. Guess I can forget it until mid-month.

The wind is blowing a gale here. The paper said we'd have gusts of "up to" 50mph throughout the day. If the condition of my trees is any indicator, we've surpassed that by a good bit.  Time to tie bricks to my shoes...

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 709
Points 13,830
Carol from Pittsburgh replied on Mon, Sep 30 2013 12:44 PM | Locked

Ginny,  I hope everything goes well for you. Lots of prayers being said. 

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,132
Points 14,655
Dawn replied on Mon, Sep 30 2013 1:19 PM | Locked

Prayers going up Ginny!  May the Lord give you peace!  ((((HUGS))))

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Mon, Sep 30 2013 1:51 PM | Locked

Ginny

Thoughts and prayers are coming your way.   Also hope Aiden feels better soon.

Vinton, Virginia

Page 100 of 244 (3651 items) « First ... < Previous 98 99 100 101 102 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use