Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #9

Page 99 of 244 (3651 items) « First ... < Previous 97 98 99 100 101 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,650 Replies | 68 Followers

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 461
Points 7,345
Julienne replied on Sun, Sep 29 2013 2:18 PM | Locked

Love the stairs Leslie!  I have already started to gather antiques for my new house as I sold off some of my furniture. When we finally move to the new house (right now we are considered misplaced...staying with Fiance's mother) It will be set up with mostly an antique look. My sewing machine being new..I guess will throw that off. LOL

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,592
Points 75,980
Karla replied on Sun, Sep 29 2013 3:04 PM | Locked

Putting some of the MQ9 blocks together and some of the HST's that I still need.  I think I down to just need to make another 136 of the HST's, it has been a daunting project.  Been staring the the RR4 that I need to add the new border to, but haven't been inspired yet.  I think I sometimes try to make it more complicated than it needs to be.

It's another cloudy, windy day today, perfect for sewing.  Pulled up most of my cucumber plants, beans, cantaloupes and watermelons yesterday.  Still have some lemon cucumbers that are bearing and DGS3's pumpkin plant.  DGS2 pulled up his cabbage plant yesterday and took his head of cabbage home.  DGS3 can't wait for his pumpkins to ripen to bright orange.  We were so late planting it, he might be carving a green pumpkin, but the 3 I have seen on there are pretty darn big.  I hope they're not effected by frost...

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,144
Points 14,805
Dawn replied on Sun, Sep 29 2013 4:53 PM | Locked

Marie, thanks!  The soup turned out pretty good.  First time making it, I just threw things in that sounded good.  :-)  The cheese is easy to make, once you find the right milk for it.  Most milk out there is too processed.  Here is the site where I bought my kit and the recipe.

http://www.cheesemaking.com/howtomakemozzarellacheese.html

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Sun, Sep 29 2013 4:55 PM | Locked

Another Windy day here, too. I'm glad Dh got the chimney cleaned so we can have the stove going. Yes Marla, we, too have a tin roof and it terrifies me every time Dh goes up-top to sweep the chimney.  I hope to have  ladder brackets  mounted on the roof soon to make it safer for him. 

Today I got to see the animal I've spent the past 6 months working on in it's completed glory. Tomorrow it'll be shipped to it's new home on the other side of the world, where it will be on display along side dinosaurs from south America and China. (Ours is the best one, of course...). Now that the mount is finished I can maybe focus on other projects, both at work and at home. Actually, once that the beast is gone, I won't be needed at work until spring so I have all winter to complain of boredom...  LOL   Bossman says it gives us a whole season to forget why we said we'd never do another one... 

DD went out and picked a pail of crab apples for me to pickle. I've never done them before but the recipe looks easy enough. Wish me luck...

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,592
Points 75,980
Karla replied on Sun, Sep 29 2013 5:33 PM | Locked

Pickled crab apples sounds interesting...too bad the dogs and the voles have had a war over our tree and I don't think it's going to survive...the dogs have dug up all around it pretty deep trying to get to the voles, so far, except for one poor vole that Kaci got, the voles are winning, but the tree has lost the battle.  It's mostly dead branches now, except for one lonely branch that had about 4 or 5 apples on it.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,401
Points 119,611
Patti replied on Sun, Sep 29 2013 9:41 PM | Locked

Leslie, you are doing a wonderful job on the house.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,827
Points 39,915
ls2116 replied on Sun, Sep 29 2013 10:57 PM | Locked

I've been coughing my fool head off.  Dr. doesn't want to see me for another week.  I think my sinus infection has turned into asthma or kennel cough if i were a dog that is. I've been sewing today but it feels like i'm going in reverse more unsewing.  I'm still thinking  alot the cough is side affect of med he put me on.

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,401
Points 119,611
Patti replied on Sun, Sep 29 2013 11:48 PM | Locked

I coughed continually when I was on Lisinopril. 

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,401
Points 119,611
Patti replied on Sun, Sep 29 2013 11:56 PM | Locked

I found a recipe for picked pumpkin.  Think I will try that this year.

Well, I better get some sleep.  Need to head over to see my daughter tomorrow.  Tuesday she leaves for Israel.  I think she and I are unusually close.  It was just the two of us for several years after her father died.   She will be busy in the morning, so that will give me time to stop in at the Bothell quilt store.  One of my favorites.  

It's raining now.  Hope that doesn't mean snow on the pass yet.  Not ready for that.  Gotta stop on the way to see if the salmon are spawning near Leavenworth.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• | Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,592
Points 75,980
Karla replied on Mon, Sep 30 2013 12:32 AM | Locked

Patti:

My husband and neighbor did too.  Doctor finally took husband off of Lisinopril.  He takes a new one now, can't remember which one it is though.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,727
Points 437,045
Nana replied on Mon, Sep 30 2013 1:44 AM | Locked

Patti

Have safe travels tomorrow.  I know it is going to be hard seeing your DD off for this trip.   How long is she to be in Isreal?   Many prayers that she returns safe and sound.  It is a place I would love to see but don't think I would be willing to go right now.   But God provides and all things are in his hands.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Mon, Sep 30 2013 7:31 AM | Locked

Patti:

Yes, Randy stopped taking it (with dr. permission) because of the coughing.  Most days, I'm okay with it, but if I catch a cold, the lisinopril seems to make the cough part drag on for a long time.  

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,571
Points 51,620
Ginny replied on Mon, Sep 30 2013 7:42 AM | Locked

Patti, I hope your trip over to see your daughter off is uneventful with the rain and such.  I know Tuesday is going to be both a sad and an exciting day for your daughter.  I know a year is a long time to wait to see her again, hopefully it will pass by quickly. 

My daughter just moved to Kennewick, Wa. and she said they had rain yesterday.  She isn't used to rain as she had been living in Boardman, Or. for the past 4 years, which is high desert, and she mentioned the possibility of difficulty in some areas in the passes and such.   Have a safe trip.  Ginny

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,571
Points 51,620
Ginny replied on Mon, Sep 30 2013 7:52 AM | Locked

That could very well be IS, especially if it is for your BP.  There are several of those meds that have that effect.  Fortunately, for me the lisinopril that the Dr. put me on doesn't effect me like it did Patti.  You really need to let your Dr. know the side effects of your new med. is doing this to you.    Ginny

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,401
Points 119,611
Patti replied on Mon, Sep 30 2013 8:43 AM | Locked

Ginny:
My daughter just moved to Kennewick, Wa. and she said they had rain yesterday.  She isn't used to rain as she had been living in Boardman, Or. for the past 4 years, which is high desert,

Kennewick is still Eastern WA, the dry side of the state.  This past weekend has been an exception.  She will get lots of sun.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Page 99 of 244 (3651 items) « First ... < Previous 97 98 99 100 101 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use