Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #9

Page 98 of 244 (3651 items) « First ... < Previous 96 97 98 99 100 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,650 Replies | 68 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,650
Points 135,977
Leslie replied on Sun, Sep 29 2013 11:18 AM | Locked

Here is a pic of my stairs, My Oldest DD painted them to look old and worn for me.   My house is about 130 years old so I decided instead of trying to make it look new I was going to age it,  so I ripped the carpet of the stairs and she painted them

[Ava, Missouri

• | Post Points: 35
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 586
Points 10,140
zoetc49 replied on Sun, Sep 29 2013 11:18 AM | Locked

Angele,

I agree with you. I had made the quilt at first because I thought he could use something that made him feel loved and cared about after he went through his divorce.  Know I understand that he slept around on both of his past wives...what a jerk !!  I still have thoughts about giving the quilt to him for that reason. I went out to dinner last night with a friend and I told him I was thinking of giving that to this guy anyway. He said that this guy does not deserve it. I said yes, I agree. But something happened to this guy that I don't know about and a quilt makes one feel loved and cared about.  He is a charmer and a jerk.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,669
Points 65,695
Bonita replied on Sun, Sep 29 2013 11:34 AM | Locked

Leslie, your floors turned out beautiful. Your DD did a great job on the stairs, i would be hugging the wall going up those stairs with no bannister.  I like the quilt on the back of that lovely old rocker.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,503
Points 50,705
Ginny replied on Sun, Sep 29 2013 11:37 AM | Locked

Zoetec, The faster you forget about this guy, the better it will be for you.  Look for someone of quality.  I think you already know this, but girl,- drop him and all thoughts of him.  It doesn't do you any good to dwell on it.  Sell the quilt now.  Don't bother waiting for Christmas time.  It just keeps your focus on the cad.    Ginny

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,503
Points 50,705
Ginny replied on Sun, Sep 29 2013 11:38 AM | Locked

I wondered about those steps in the background of your previous picture.  Your daughter did a terrific job on them.    Ginny

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,583
Points 75,695
Karla replied on Sun, Sep 29 2013 11:50 AM | Locked

Leslie, love the floors and the rocker and the sideboard.  I would love to move out of this mobile into an old house and refurbish it, but alas, I think we are getting too old for all of that work, although we are soon going to be tackling redoing both of the bathrooms.  If we have success with that, we might try the kitchen and dining room next, but I doubt we'll ever get that far as DH doesn't seem to have to drive to finish any projects anymore.

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 586
Points 10,140
zoetc49 replied on Sun, Sep 29 2013 11:55 AM | Locked

Julienne,

Odd, I have brothers like this guy...lol I should know the signs. One guy I spoke with at his work told me that he treats his employees like crap, I did not see it before. I thought it was his now ex wife that was the issue, it's not it is him. I fell for him because he is the type I fall for, they are fun people to be with, charmers, life of the party etc. I spoke to a friend yesterday on the phone. He said he used to play the same game. He said he loved it and told me why.   I will move on soon, just right now I feel hurt that he could not man up and just tell me. He always said we were friends, I don't think he is capable of that with woman. 

I thank you all for allowing me to post as I go through this.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,797
MNnancy replied on Sun, Sep 29 2013 12:15 PM | Locked

Marie:
All you pet lovers, you have to check this out!

http://www.craftsy.com/blog/2013/07/pet-projects/

Well, Calley would love to go dancing in the princess dress (#2), but she lost her dance partner, Ms Cricket, so she hasn't been out on the town in ages.

Pickles would love, love, love the felted cat cave (#12), but her mom is a beginner and the pattern says not for beginners, so we're out of luck.

CC, I want to see your chickens wearing some warm clothes for the winter.  (#7)

Nana, Pancho would look great in the Superman outfit! (#9)

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,797
MNnancy replied on Sun, Sep 29 2013 12:16 PM | Locked

Marie:
I remember the beautiful fields of Fireweed,  I bought a pattern of them in a quilt shop, have to search for that now that you've reminded me of it.

I wonder if you bought the same pattern that I did this summer.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,797
MNnancy replied on Sun, Sep 29 2013 12:21 PM | Locked

Leslie :
Here are my homemade floors

They turned out amazing!  Well done!

Your home has such a warm, welcoming look to it.

Now, put your feet up and have a glass of wine.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,650
Points 135,977
Leslie replied on Sun, Sep 29 2013 12:28 PM | Locked

Bonita:

Leslie, your floors turned out beautiful. Your DD did a great job on the stairs, i would be hugging the wall going up those stairs with no bannister.  I like the quilt on the back of that lovely old rocker.

Thanks Bonita, Yes my DD is very talented,  but she doesn't think so.    You think going up the stairs is bad try falling down them, I have when there was carpet on them,  ended up at the bottom, felt like one of those help I have fallen comersials lol

[Ava, Missouri

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,650
Points 135,977
Leslie replied on Sun, Sep 29 2013 12:35 PM | Locked

Karla, thank you.. these old homes are a lot of work.   My DD, has a doublewide,   she has done a lot to it  it's beautiful.   I have found it takes me a little longer to recoup after we have done a big project LOL

[Ava, Missouri

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,650
Points 135,977
Leslie replied on Sun, Sep 29 2013 12:37 PM | Locked

Thanks Nancy

[Ava, Missouri

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,018
Points 15,540
weezee56 replied on Sun, Sep 29 2013 1:05 PM | Locked

Leslie, Great looking floors and stairs.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 436
Points 7,025
Julienne replied on Sun, Sep 29 2013 2:15 PM | Locked

zoetc49:

Julienne,

Odd, I have brothers like this guy...lol I should know the signs. One guy I spoke with at his work told me that he treats his employees like crap, I did not see it before. I thought it was his now ex wife that was the issue, it's not it is him. I fell for him because he is the type I fall for, they are fun people to be with, charmers, life of the party etc. I spoke to a friend yesterday on the phone. He said he used to play the same game. He said he loved it and told me why.   I will move on soon, just right now I feel hurt that he could not man up and just tell me. He always said we were friends, I don't think he is capable of that with woman. 

I thank you all for allowing me to post as I go through this.

Zoe, You can post it til you feel better and work it through. I just happen to know first hand what you are going through. (ex husband) He was the life of the party, fun to be around ect, then was abusive when we got home at least you did not get that far. They will never man up. I pray your heart heals. Huggs

Page 98 of 244 (3651 items) « First ... < Previous 96 97 98 99 100 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use