Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #9

Page 97 of 244 (3651 items) « First ... < Previous 95 96 97 98 99 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,650 Replies | 68 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,347
Points 174,548
Marie replied on Sun, Sep 29 2013 9:07 AM | Locked

Oh CC, Sprout is soooo precious in this pic!  Makes me want to pick him up and give him a great big kiss and hug!  I have pics like this of my 2 boys, used to let them play in the mud after a rain storm, such fun.

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,347
Points 174,548
Marie replied on Sun, Sep 29 2013 9:13 AM | Locked

CC, thanks for the memories.  Years and years ago Hubby and I went on a tour of Alaska, I remember the beautiful fields of Fireweed,  I bought a pattern of them in a quilt shop, have to search for that now that you've reminded me of it.  Will share a pic if I ever locate it.

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,347
Points 174,548
Marie replied on Sun, Sep 29 2013 9:17 AM | Locked

Dawn, your soup looks delicious!  How does one make mozzarella?  Being of Italian decent, you'd think I would know that, we use a lot of mozzarella.

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,653
Points 136,022
Leslie replied on Sun, Sep 29 2013 9:23 AM | Locked

MNancy,  Here are my homemade floors, took me three weeks of sanding and staining trying to make them look old, now they have 5 coats of poly on them.  a lot of work but I am happy with them.  much better than the dirt floors I had when we had to rip everything out

[Ava, Missouri

• | Post Points: 110
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,347
Points 174,548
Marie replied on Sun, Sep 29 2013 9:54 AM | Locked

Leslie, now I know what you've been up to!!  Your floors are beautiful!  Boy, I guess you're not afraid of hard work, would you like to help me with a couple of chores?

Millbury, MA

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 436
Points 6,980
Mz M replied on Sun, Sep 29 2013 10:21 AM | Locked

quiltless that is great advice!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,517
Points 50,880
Ginny replied on Sun, Sep 29 2013 10:25 AM | Locked

Great job, Leslie!   It is funny, the buffet that you have in your dining room looks just like the one we bought for 50 cents at an auction sale years and years ago.  We used it as our kitchen cupboard, countertop and room divider in the cabin we were building at the time.  People at the auction laughed at us for even paying 50 cents for it.  Unfortunately, we left it in the cabin when we sold it.   Ginny

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,108
Points 109,585
chocake2 replied on Sun, Sep 29 2013 10:27 AM | Locked

Leslie, your floors are Gorgeous!! come do mine, next? Pretty Please...

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Sun, Sep 29 2013 10:41 AM | Locked

Leslie

The floors are gorgeous.  I love the sideboard and the gorgeous rocking chair.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,344
Points 28,400
Marsha-SM replied on Sun, Sep 29 2013 10:45 AM | Locked

chocake2:
Dh is busy cleaning out the chimney this AM. Ever since they 'fixed" it with a new liner, it soots up terribly and we have to clean it way more often. Glad to have that chore out of the way before the bad weather gets here...

We had a liner put in our chimney last fall because of a chimney fire.  Thought the creosote problem would be less, but it is WORSE.  We finally had to resort to a chimney sweep and a stiff bill to get the liner cleaned out!  Now have to clean it more frequently than before!  We can't clean it from the top down because we had a new steel roof installed on that part of the house.  You won't see me climbing on that even in the summer!!!  With wet and snow it would be suicide to try.  We have a snake for cleaning drains that we push up from below.  I need to devise something to put on the end to sweep the pipe.  The pipe brush we have is too stiff and the head is too long to push up 26 feet and get it back down!  Maybe I can cut off a short section of the brush to attach to the snake?????  Hope you have an easier method for your chimney.

Hope you got that time off from your "shadow".  I know what that is like since I had 5 children and helped care for 6 of our 9 grandchildren!  They demand so much of our time, but they grow up TOO FAST!  Now I don't even see the grandchildren since the youngest is now 14 and she is old enough to take care of herself and the great-grands are so far away - - - 3 in PA and 1 in Germany!  I miss the patter of little feet.

Marsha - Western New York

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,653
Points 136,022
Leslie replied on Sun, Sep 29 2013 10:55 AM | Locked

Marie:

Leslie, now I know what you've been up to!!  Your floors are beautiful!  Boy, I guess you're not afraid of hard work, would you like to help me with a couple of chores?

Thank you Marie,  Yes I have been busy.  I didn't think I was going to walk again after spending so much time on my knees.  I would love to come help you with some of your chores

[Ava, Missouri

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,653
Points 136,022
Leslie replied on Sun, Sep 29 2013 10:59 AM | Locked

Ginny:
It is funny, the buffet that you have in your dining room looks just like the one we bought for 50 cents at an auction sale years and years

Ginny, thank you that buffet, was in this old house when we bought it 28 years ago, it had a veneer on it that was missing in spots so I ripped the rest off sanded and painted it

[Ava, Missouri

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,653
Points 136,022
Leslie replied on Sun, Sep 29 2013 11:01 AM | Locked

Thanks CC, I will grab my knee pads and be there in a jiff lol

[Ava, Missouri

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,653
Points 136,022
Leslie replied on Sun, Sep 29 2013 11:03 AM | Locked

Nana:

Leslie

The floors are gorgeous.  I love the sideboard and the gorgeous rocking chair.

Thanks Nana,  yeah I love that old rocker also, it was given to DH years ago

[Ava, Missouri

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,344
Points 28,400
Marsha-SM replied on Sun, Sep 29 2013 11:06 AM | Locked

CC, I should have finished reading the rest of the posts before I posted.  I love that picture of Sprout.  He sure is all BOY.  I wonder how the sand tasted - I assume it was sand because he appears to be in a sand box.  Jenny looks happy - maybe she DID sample the bottle.  She probably needed it after trying to keep up with Sprout.  Flowers are beautiful and are an inspiration for a quilt.

Thanks for all the pictures.  Made my day!  Now I have to clean house!  It is knee deep around here.  How can 2 old people make such a mess?  One reason is not being home much and being so tired when we are that things just hit the first surface in our path - usually the kitchen counter or table or livingroom couch.  Now I have to put it all away!  Sundays SHOULD be for REST not work!

Marsha - Western New York

Page 97 of 244 (3651 items) « First ... < Previous 95 96 97 98 99 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use