Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #9

Page 95 of 244 (3651 items) « First ... < Previous 93 94 95 96 97 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,650 Replies | 68 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Sat, Sep 28 2013 12:03 PM | Locked

Sorry, Zoe. I won't offer advice - only my sincere sympathy. (Hugs) You're tough. You'll get through this.

Julienne, glad you are feeling better.

Jaci, I looked up recipes for green tomatoes: http://allrecipes.com/recipes/fruits-and-vegetables/vegetables/tomatoes/green-tomatoes/

Karla, I'm not keen on cornmeal for fryin' either. You can use just about any dry breading recipe for green tomatoes. Try substituting crushed crackers or Panko for the cornmeal.  Dh loves it when I use crushed sour cream and onion potato chips (Yeah, load 'em up with even more salt and fat, Momma!).  

Dh is busy cleaning out the chimney this AM. Ever since they 'fixed" it with a new liner, it soots up terribly and we have to clean it way more often. Glad to have that chore out of the way before the bad weather gets here...

Hoping to have a pleasant day more or less relaxing today. As long as Hubby is home to help with  Sprout so maybe I'll get some time off to go to work....

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

• | Post Points: 50
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 484
Points 9,175
Jan replied on Sat, Sep 28 2013 1:09 PM | Locked

Quiltless,

I think after reading your response to Zoe you are probably right.  It feels good for a minute to send a zinger back, but it feels good for the long term when you can pull up your dignity and leave with that.

Zoe, whenever a relationship ends it is hard.  You would not be in a relationship if there weren't emotions involved. There are a bunch of us here that will keep embracing you and sending hugs to help you come through the worst of it.  There will be someone out there that deserves you and you will find them.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,630
Points 52,280
Ginny replied on Sat, Sep 28 2013 1:37 PM | Locked

You could do as I did for fried eggplant- use Italian seasoned bread crumbs.  Yum yum.   Ginny

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 685
Points 11,770
zoetc49 replied on Sat, Sep 28 2013 2:39 PM | Locked

Quiltless,

Another friend suggested I too give him the quilt, which I don't have an issue with. I did and actually do still care about him. I see him in a new light, not as one that is hurt like a child. A neighbor laughs at me because he said I can wake up each day and have a new look on everything.  I don't know that I have to walk away from him as my vet. I just now know that at least I am not the topic of what "he got last night" or how good it was. That is so childish. I don't know what I will do come Thursday. I will see if he responds to my message I sent to his Facebook page. I have never friend requested him, nor have i ever written him like that before. A friend said do you think that is going to hit in on left field, I said yes, that is why I did it. I let him know I know who he is and that I am glad he did not play me ( much). I only asked him why did he just not state that he just wanted to be friends. I feel sad for his son as he is going to think that this is how you are supposed to treat woman. The good that came out of this was I started working out again, lost weight and started to feel better about myself. I knew that God had a reason that I was going though all of this with him. I still have not been able to eat much, I have never been like that before.

Thank you and thank you to everyone sending me thoughts and hugs, it all means a lot today.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,153
Points 14,965
Dawn replied on Sat, Sep 28 2013 3:04 PM | Locked

Zoetec, praying for you.  Don't know why some men act that way.  Guess they don't realize how wonderful it is to have one woman, who loves and cares for him.  

I made some more mozzarella this morning and am now getting my soup going for supper.  I saw on PBS that you could take frozen pasta dough (I make my own pasta) and grate it to make little pasta to use in soup.  But my pasta is too sticky and I think she used a grater w/bigger holes.  So, will be making pasta later to put in the soup.  I wanted to use the beef broth I made and thought putting the pasta in that would be good.  Going to cook up a roast in it, then added an onion and will add cabbage, carrots and maybe green beans to it.  DH said no to summer squash.  But the rest is good w/him,  Oh, and mushrooms.  I am not that good at coming up w/my own recipes, but can change the ones I have to what we like.  

Well F&P is on, so talk to you later!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,736
Points 437,195
Nana replied on Sat, Sep 28 2013 3:30 PM | Locked

Dawn

Your soup sounds delicious.   I think I will come to your house for supper.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,153
Points 14,965
Dawn replied on Sat, Sep 28 2013 4:27 PM | Locked

This site looks great!  Didn't know it was there!  Watching Sewing with Nancy and she had this on her show!  This will keep me busy for awhile!

http://www.quiltindex.org/

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,153
Points 14,965
Dawn replied on Sat, Sep 28 2013 4:28 PM | Locked

Come on over Nana!!!  Will save some for ya!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 63,450
Jacy replied on Sat, Sep 28 2013 5:03 PM | Locked

chocake2:
Jaci, I looked up recipes for green tomatoes

Thanks CC for that link, I found several good recipes. I made tomato cakes today, 1 for the freezer and one the kids are already munching on, they thought it was an apple spice cake! I made some freezer jam, and a green mexican dip, and froze a cookie sheet full. I figured there were 200lbs of tomatoes, and I have to take care of them all before I go to the retreat. Good job I have room still in my freezers, I'm gonna need it.

I'm going to try fried green tomatoes and the tomato bread later today, but i figured I've earned an hour in my sewing room........while the kids tackle that mound of dishes I've pilled in the sink!

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Sat, Sep 28 2013 5:43 PM | Locked

Dh finally had a minute to get the pics off his camera so I can finally keep my promise to post them! 

First, let's try for Sprout:

• | Post Points: 80
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Sat, Sep 28 2013 5:44 PM | Locked

And here are the Fireweed fields where we get our firewood:

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Sat, Sep 28 2013 5:47 PM | Locked

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Sat, Sep 28 2013 5:48 PM | Locked

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,240
Points 19,255
weezee56 replied on Sat, Sep 28 2013 5:49 PM | Locked

CC love your pictures, Sprout has a beautiful smile. He looks all boy.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Sat, Sep 28 2013 5:50 PM | Locked

Thought those might offer some inspiration for colors on a quilt...

And  here we have Jenni. 

Page 95 of 244 (3651 items) « First ... < Previous 93 94 95 96 97 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use