Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #9

Page 94 of 244 (3651 items) « First ... < Previous 92 93 94 95 96 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,650 Replies | 68 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,401
Points 119,611
Patti replied on Sat, Sep 28 2013 6:27 AM | Locked

Julienne, so glad you are feeling better.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• | Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 461
Points 7,345
Julienne replied on Sat, Sep 28 2013 7:45 AM | Locked

Patti:

Julienne, so glad you are feeling better.

Thank you Patti. It is good to start to be back. Who knows what havoc I can cause now. teehee.   Ok maybe not yet but once I am 100%. :)

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,529
Points 177,453
Marie replied on Sat, Sep 28 2013 7:49 AM | Locked

Julienne, so glad you are feeling better after what looks like a really tough summer for you.  Prayers going up for you that you will continue in that path.  

Millbury, MA

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 461
Points 7,345
Julienne replied on Sat, Sep 28 2013 8:07 AM | Locked

Marie:

Julienne, so glad you are feeling better after what looks like a really tough summer for you.  Prayers going up for you that you will continue in that path.  

Thank you Marie. Between the move and the strokes. Ugh. But on the road to recovery and that is what matters. I am sorry that I did not post anything about it. but as I saw others that what looked like worse problems then mine, i stayed quite. I love you all.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,529
Points 177,453
Marie replied on Sat, Sep 28 2013 8:18 AM | Locked

Julienne:
I am sorry that I did not post anything about it. but as I saw others that what looked like worse problems then mine, i stayed quite. I love you all.

Julienne, you must post when having a problem because our combined prayers are powerful.  Your strokes were just as serious to you as any other and warranted prayers.  We love you too!  (((((HUGS)))))

Millbury, MA

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 634
Points 10,945
zoetc49 replied on Sat, Sep 28 2013 9:25 AM | Locked

Julienne,

Thank you for your post. this guy was my vet. I am so glad that no one up at his office likes him and they all like me. All I had to do was ask yesterday and they flat out told me. I wasted many years using his office. He was a very good player.  I am thinking of showing him the quilt and tell him if he wants it  he will be able to bid on it on EBay. He does not deserve anything other than STD's. He is so empty.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,465
Points 41,130
Mimi replied on Sat, Sep 28 2013 10:00 AM | Locked

zoetc49:
He is so empty.

Since he is so empty he won't get it when you show him the quilt.  It won't mean that much to him. IMHO Just bide your time and cut your losses.  Use the money you get from the sale of the quilt to do something wonderful for YOU!

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,401
Points 119,611
Patti replied on Sat, Sep 28 2013 10:08 AM | Locked

Zoe, sorry you are going through all this.   I wouldn't even bother seeing him again, for anything.   Take the money you get from the sale of a quilt, and join us  on one of the retreats.   It would be good for you, and get your mind off him.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 466
Points 8,840
Jan replied on Sat, Sep 28 2013 10:11 AM | Locked

zoetc49,

Close the door, sell the quilt on e-bay and find yourself someone who is worthy of you.  Obviously he is not.  Actually if you are the type to rub salt in the wounds :), give the quilt to his son.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,592
Points 75,980
Karla replied on Sat, Sep 28 2013 10:16 AM | Locked

Julienne, glad you are feeling better.  Take care and take everything one day at a time.  God only gives us what we can bear.

Zoe, just walk away and never look back.  Take the quilt and sell it on ebay, or donate it to some worthy cause.  You'll feel much better.  When the right person comes along you'll both know it.

Nana, I tried fried green tomatoes last year and no one in my house would eat them.  Myself, I don't like corn meal, and maybe I just didn't prepare them right.

Chutney and picalilly sound interesting, might try that as we still have plenty tomatoes on the vine.  They say it's going to warm up again and we really haven't had a frost yet, so maybe I'll still get some ripe ones before I have to pull them up.  

Today I'm planning on finishing up with the HST's and the binding on Marge's quilt, but the two middle grandsons decided to have a sleep over last night, so don't know what I'll actually have a chance to do. I really need to clean the house, it's pretty bad after the dust storms of a day or two ago.  Hope it warms up enough without wind today to open windows and let this place air out.  As DH says, it smells like old people live here, LOL.  

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 703
Points 11,570
Bev replied on Sat, Sep 28 2013 11:05 AM | Locked

zoetc49, 

I would not do anything in the heat of the moment although I would probably not give him the quilt you so lovingly made. I would suggest that you just put it out of site and later you could sell the quilt or find there is someone that you would love to give it to even if it is the person you made it for.

Just my opinion based on your earlier post. 

from TN

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 634
Points 10,945
zoetc49 replied on Sat, Sep 28 2013 11:41 AM | Locked

Since the quilt has Oklahoma State University fabric in it, I will have to sell it or give it to someone there. Right now I think I will sell it closer to Christmas along with all the other cute things I made with that fabric. I don't think I can ever watch " Two and a half men" again with Charlie Sheen in there as this guy is worst that he was in that show. Right now I am upset and I am thinking to ways to get at him  ( legally) . I will see how I grow over the next week when he will be back in town. Thank God his staff care so much about me. 

I like the idea of giving the quilt to the son, but this guy has no feelings so it won't mean a thing to him. 

The sad thing is that i had not had feelings for anyone in over 15 years till this guy, so it hurts.   

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 794
Points 12,820
Quiltless replied on Sat, Sep 28 2013 11:43 AM | Locked

I'm going to go against the tide of advice here, Zoetc49.  I think you should give him the quilt.  I think you should meet with him and give it to him face to face.  Tell him you just have something to give him, something you want to say and there will be no drama or other discussions.  Stick to that!  Stick to it like it is your ticket to happiness.  I think you should tell him you made it for him and want him to enjoy it.  Tell him you enjoyed the good parts of your relationship with him, but recognize that some of it was not the best for either of you.  Then, tell him you have thought about it and totally agree that each of you should move on, but that you are not (or no longer) angry with him.  Tell him you wish him well AND THEN LEAVE and never look back. 

Why?  Because it puts you back in control and you will have left on your terms.  It defines you as being the mature and generous adult in the relationship.  Being "played by a player" is about power games.  It is a second cousin to direct abuse.  You need to get back the power in your hands and the price of the quilt is worth it. 

• | Post Points: 65
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 266
Points 4,965
Lesley replied on Sat, Sep 28 2013 11:54 AM | Locked

Zoe look after you. He is not worth your tears or your energy. Ebay for the quilt and spend the profit on you. As Julienne said there is someone special waiting out there for you.

Fried Green tomatoes makes me think of my Dad. When he died last year my brother wanted to put a vine of Dad's ripe tomatoes on his coffin ( he had grown them every year for as long as I could remember) we had an awful summer so none were ripening, Then on the day of the funeral 2 were just beginning to ripen so he made up a vine with green ones. all I could think at the crematorium was Fried Green tomatoes! My youngest son then said after the ashes had been interred wouldn't it be funny if we come to the grave next year and there's a tomato plant growing!! There isn't by the way.

Today I have made 2 quilts for the premature baby unit at Barnsley Hosptial. There were 3 of us and we made 10 between us. They need 43 a month. So hopefully our little contribution will help. A couple of pics below. Not great took them on my phone but it gives you an idea!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Sat, Sep 28 2013 11:57 AM | Locked

Very sweet baby quilts, Lesley!  What a good cause!  If you get a chance to meet Prairie Dog (Michigan), she can tell you about the neat items her daughter sews for the NICU.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Page 94 of 244 (3651 items) « First ... < Previous 92 93 94 95 96 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use