Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #9

Page 93 of 244 (3651 items) « First ... < Previous 91 92 93 94 95 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,650 Replies | 68 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Fri, Sep 27 2013 4:14 PM | Locked

Patti your EPP Star is stunning! I can't wait to see the finished project! You do such wonderful things with your color choices and value placement.    ...Can I be you when I grow up?

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,401
Points 119,611
Patti replied on Fri, Sep 27 2013 5:07 PM | Locked

I have a green tomato chutney recipe.  I have to get it out for our tomatoes.  Most of our crop will be green tomatoes this year.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,592
Points 75,980
Karla replied on Fri, Sep 27 2013 5:16 PM | Locked

Is chutney anything like picalilly...I have a recipe for that, but I've never made it.  I've still got a lot of green tomatoes, too.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 63,480
Jacy replied on Fri, Sep 27 2013 5:21 PM | Locked

Patti:
I have a green tomato chutney recipe. 

I have some simmering right now. I also have a recipe for green tomato mincemeat which is great for pies around the holidays. I found a recipe for green tomato pie that is rated 5 stars, so i will have to try that...thanks CC for that idea. If I light the wood stove so the house is warmer, then alot of them will ripen up too.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,571
Points 51,620
Ginny replied on Fri, Sep 27 2013 6:35 PM | Locked

Congrats IS with your purchases at the show.  Sounds like you "done good", especially with DH giving his stamp of approval.   Don't know if I am going to make it there or not, I have been so, so very short of breath. It makes it difficult to walk long distances right now.  I see the interventional cardiologist who is associated with the minimal valve replacement surgery on Monday.  See where we go from there.    Ginny

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,181
Points 18,155
weezee56 replied on Fri, Sep 27 2013 7:14 PM | Locked

IS, post a picture of your new machine so we all can see. I'd love to see it.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,831
Points 39,980
ls2116 replied on Fri, Sep 27 2013 7:59 PM | Locked

I'll post a pic as soon as I get it all set up in my old quilters dream cabinet which is on lower level but I'm motivated to do the cleaning for it.

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,727
Points 437,045
Nana replied on Fri, Sep 27 2013 8:25 PM | Locked

Yep Jacy.  Fried green tomatoes.   My favorite recipe.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 35
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 119
Points 2,225
Linda Gless replied on Fri, Sep 27 2013 9:56 PM | Locked

I am at quilt camp for 5 days with my sister and 18 friends! Just started mystery quilt 9 w Nana's group yesterday. I have 2/3 of my HST's sewn together and tomorrow I will be finishing those up and stating to build my 84 blocks. What a great project to take to camp! Will be working on another quilt as well while here.

Linda Gless

Hartford, WI

Linda Gless - Hartford, WI

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 872
Points 14,965
Marlabartlett60 replied on Fri, Sep 27 2013 10:02 PM | Locked

Jacy, I have a recipe for green tomatoe bread, and pasta with green tomatoes. 

MODESTO, CA.
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,473
Points 24,140
Elaine Phillips replied on Fri, Sep 27 2013 10:31 PM | Locked

Jacy:
anyone got any great recipes for green tomatoes?

Fried green tomatoes???

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,473
Points 24,140
Elaine Phillips replied on Fri, Sep 27 2013 10:38 PM | Locked

Oops, I see Nana already suggested fried green tomatoes. I loved that movie. Nana seems to always be a few steps ahead of me. Why is that, anyway??

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Fri, Sep 27 2013 10:47 PM | Locked

chocake2:
When you're ready to use them, just take what you need from the bag and run them under warm water - the skins will slip right off and you can dice them up for 'fresh' tomato taste' in your cooking.

This sounds great!  I also like to slice Roma-types in half and dry them in the oven for a few hours and then package them up for freezing.  The partial dehydrating concentrates the flavor!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 634
Points 10,945
zoetc49 replied on Fri, Sep 27 2013 11:29 PM | Locked

Hi ladies,

I discovered that I am such a fool.   I have been played by a player. I made him a nice quilt which I have not given him yet. Do you think I should? I don't have an issue giving it to him since I did make it for him. It's the OSU one, or otherwise I can sell it on Ebay.  I don't hate him ( yet) I just don't get these guys that feel like they need to screw a woman in every city and state. No, I never got involved with him He told me that " he needed to spend more time with his son". Yes, bs. I fell for it. At least he did not do me wrong on that issue.  I can play the player too....

I am asking all of my friends what to do and i will decide from listening to everyone what is best.   I just found this stuff out today, so I am still in shock.

• | Post Points: 65
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 461
Points 7,345
Julienne replied on Sat, Sep 28 2013 6:09 AM | Locked

Hi Everyone,

I am Back........Well after a very hectic summer and being very sick to boot, today for the first time I feel a little energized. Not sure what I will do yet as it is not even 6 am, but we will see how the day goes. I had 2 strokes over the summer, I have still recovering over the last one. Please do not feel bad for me, I am doing much better today.  I have had a rough go, but God does not give us what we cannot handle right???? Sometimes I wonder, but who am I to judge.

I have been lurking, but have been to tired to comment alot or even participate in alot of what has been going on. I think it is to late to try and play catch up in the Mystery quilt 9. But I have my book for the Union Solider but I have not seen any talk about that. Maybe I have missed that somewhere.

Now ZOE:

Personal opinion and you can take from it what you want.  Get rid of him NOW before anymore hurt and pain can be caused to you. SELL that quilt on ebay. HE DOES NOT deserve it. Get some money for your effort.  I have had my share of players in my lifetime. (I married one) Just walk away. There is someone out there that is your special one and you will find them. I promise.

• | Post Points: 50
Page 93 of 244 (3651 items) « First ... < Previous 91 92 93 94 95 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use