Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #9

Page 92 of 244 (3651 items) « First ... < Previous 90 91 92 93 94 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,650 Replies | 68 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,398
Points 119,581
Patti replied on Fri, Sep 27 2013 9:42 AM | Locked

Did some work on the wall hanging for my daughter.  Long ways to go.  English paper pieced.  This morning going to finish the apron for her.  Then to town for some shopping, back home to work on the other door prize for retreat.  After that is done, I am working only on the wedding quilt for the next 2 weeks.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,398
Points 119,581
Patti replied on Fri, Sep 27 2013 9:44 AM | Locked

Oops, I was going to post a photo of the wall hanging.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,398
Points 175,538
Marie replied on Fri, Sep 27 2013 9:46 AM | Locked

Carol, I'm doing the happy dance for Adelaide and her family and also thanking God for his love.

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,398
Points 175,538
Marie replied on Fri, Sep 27 2013 9:52 AM | Locked

It's a beauty, Patti!  Can't wait to see it finished.

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 870
Points 14,850
Candis replied on Fri, Sep 27 2013 10:09 AM | Locked

Carol, great, rejoicing news on the little one!   Patty, that's a beautiful piece!   MNancy, that soup sounds yummy!  It's just now getting cooler in Modesto CA. Not much fall colors in the trees yet. I'm originally from the Midwest we had 4 seasons and beautiful leaves. I miss that, and the 4 seasons!   I am making another fall leaves quilt for a family member, so all the talk here on the beautiful leaf colors is more inspiration for me.  Love the rich fall colors!  Also all the soups and stews and chilis I love to make,  I have lurked on this site for awhile now, Last year came across Nanas recipe for Cinnamon rolls,  It is now a fall favorite, along with banana bread.  I make big batches, my spouse takes them to work and distributes everything among different depts.  thank you Nana!!    So cool weather I guess is my favorite,  great food, beautiful colors, more pep in my step!   More creative juices flowing!!  And I got some sleep last night!!!!!  Snoring still  happened but I slept in another room,     WORLD LOOKS SO MUCH BETTER WITH SLEEP,!!!   I hope every one has a beautiful day!! 

MODESTO, CA.
  • | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,587
Points 75,865
Karla replied on Fri, Sep 27 2013 10:48 AM | Locked

It's beautiful Patty...you always do such beautiful work.

We had our first light frost last night, not enough to kill the tomatoes it appears, but I guess I'm going to have to go out and see what's left that can be picked, even though they say it's going to warm up again.  The skies are bright blue this morning, no signs of clouds or winds, but still quite cool.  I turned off the watering system for fear of a deep freeze and DH put all of the patio furniture up for the winter.  Still have to go out and clean the grill up and maybe wrap it up for the winter, not sure yet as I still have a rack of ribs that need grilling.  If it warms up a little today, maybe I'll get around to that.

Made some more HST's this morning, maybe I'll get them done before I figure out Step 3...I'm a visual person and the different colors in the picture just aren't showing up enough for me to start putting them together yet.  Gonna' wait and see if Nana gives a little more clarification on the matter when commenting on some that others have put together.  I'm so far behind with everything, that the last thing I want to be doing is taking things apart.

Jacy, I'm glad it's you with all of those tomatoes...I'm tired of canning and really ready to put all of that stuff away.  I might make some cream of tomato soup with the bag full that I still have left.  Sounds really good to me on a cool fall like day.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Fri, Sep 27 2013 11:14 AM | Locked

Happy news carol! I can't wait to see a pic of you cuddling that darling baby!

Nancy we've got clear blue sky and temps already in the mid fifties today. Perfect weather for the Homecoming game tonight!  Your soup sounds fantastic. You must have a great herb garden!

Marla, I can only imagine how much better you felt after getting your sleep issues resolved. Funny how a good nights rest can effect your out-look. LOL

Jaci, I laughed when I read about your Dh brining home more work for you. 'Sounds like something my ever-loving would do, and then be bewildered because I wasn't thrilled to tears! How wonderful of your generous neighbors to share.

Marla, you just had to go and mention Nana's rolls. Now  the lot of us will be unable to resist baking up a batch. My hips don't fit in my jeans as it is... *sheesh*

Gotta take Jr to get his new 'eyes' adjusted as they are rubbing a sore spot on his little nose. Then we'll check in at work. Gonna be a full day.

It took me all day to get Dh's pants patched yesterday - a simple task but not when one is constantly interrupted and climbed upon! I've been force to the conclusion that Mommy is not going to get any time for herself for a while. Sprout won't allow it. *sigh*

It would seem that I am not the only one fretting over Dh. One of his co-workers snagged him at lunch and took him out for 'real food' rather then letting him go out for deli chicken again. And DD jumped on him the other night about how she'd "like her daddy to be around to see her graduate. Maybe he could at least last til Sprout graduates from diapers...." He was properly chastised, but I see he found himself a nasty salted fat sausage for his breakfast so it didn't last very long. The man thinks he's immortal.

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Fri, Sep 27 2013 11:19 AM | Locked

Oh I forgot: There was an article in this weeks paper about freezing tomatoes. It said to wash them and put them on cookie trays to freeze them. Once they are hard frozen, put them in tightly sealed bags. When you're ready to use them, just take what you need from the bag and run them under warm water - the skins will slip right off and you can dice them up for 'fresh' tomato taste' in your cooking.  'sounds like a whole lot less work then running the canner all day! I might have to give it a try!

• | Post Points: 65
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Fri, Sep 27 2013 11:34 AM | Locked

Patti

Your wallhanging is gorgeous.  Your DD is going to love it.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 63,180
Jacy replied on Fri, Sep 27 2013 11:50 AM | Locked

chocake2:

Oh I forgot: There was an article in this weeks paper about freezing tomatoes. It said to wash them and put them on cookie trays to freeze them. Once they are hard frozen, put them in tightly sealed bags. When you're ready to use them, just take what you need from the bag and run them under warm water - the skins will slip right off and you can dice them up for 'fresh' tomato taste' in your cooking.  'sounds like a whole lot less work then running the canner all day! I might have to give it a try!

I usually freeze alot of my tomatoes, but I skin them first, then chop and freeze in ziplock sandwich bags, 4 inside each gallon freezer bag. It's less work than canning, but your way sounds even easier.

Here's the last pickings from my garden, and the "gift", more like chores, my DH brought home.

That is a LOT of green tomatoes. I usually spread them out in a single layer and wait for them to ripen. These would take a lot of space to do that with, anyone got any great recipes for green tomatoes?

• | Post Points: 50
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 63,180
Jacy replied on Fri, Sep 27 2013 11:52 AM | Locked

Patti:

Patti, that is looking wonderful and is going to make a special gift

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,532
Points 51,090
Ginny replied on Fri, Sep 27 2013 12:02 PM | Locked

CC, My son has done just that for at least 4 years.  Simple as can be if you have room in the freezer.    Ginny

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,722
Points 38,405
ls2116 replied on Fri, Sep 27 2013 2:40 PM | Locked

I did make it to the expo!  I was going with the intention of getting the new pfaff 2.0 I brought home the 3.0 that does embroidery and in a year i get full trade in value for the 5.0 at least this upgrades my embroidery capabilities and I even called DH to get his seal of approval and he gave me the green light I am doing one big happy dance.  I tried out some of the long arms and I'm just use to conventional machines.  plus I just don't have space for a long arm.  I went from creative 7570 up to the 3.0 embroidery machine got 5D suite and they said with that purchase I get 6d automatically.  This mama is just so happy today... even though I'm still dragging.  Oh i also got the portable machine case on wheels.  Don't know what msrp is on all this but I feel like I got a great deal.

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 265
Points 4,945
Lesley replied on Fri, Sep 27 2013 3:34 PM | Locked

CC that sounds a great idea, I remember seeing a bag with tomatoes in my freezer so I'll give it a go.

I seem to have missed loads been a busy week for me. Monday was rehearsal for the Christmas concert I am now singing carols and Christmas songs as I drive around good fun today as it was warm enough for the roof to be down on the car!!. Tuesday I have no idea where that went except I had some physio instead of training as I had tweaked my sacroiliac joint when we were away at the weekend ( too much walking that's all!) Wednesday I had my hair cut and coloured and then made 30 cake pops for work on Friday. Thursday training then off to watch our rugby team play their semi final game which sadly we lost so that's the end of the season for us! Today I had helped organise a cake and coffee trolley at work in aid of Macmillan Cancer ( they provide help and care in peoples home ) we raised £350 ( about $500) which work will match so about $1000. We were overwhelmed with all the cakes that our colleagues had made.

Tomorrow I am spending the day quilting with the ladies who usually meet Thursday night making Linus quilts. Will be great to see them as due to the rugby I have missed the last 3 weeks.

Hope every one is doing ok. I have skimmed the comments so have probably missed something.

Adelaide is beautiful!

xxxx

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Fri, Sep 27 2013 4:12 PM | Locked

Jacy:
anyone got any great recipes for green tomatoes?
I made green tomato pie once. 'Wasn't too bad, but not especially remarkable either. Your kids would probably like it. I'm sure if you go to the Ball (canning) web sight you can find recipes for relishes and such. 

Page 92 of 244 (3651 items) « First ... < Previous 90 91 92 93 94 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use