Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #9

Page 91 of 244 (3651 items) « First ... < Previous 89 90 91 92 93 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,650 Replies | 68 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,595
Points 75,910
Karla replied on Thu, Sep 26 2013 5:29 PM | Locked

Whoopee...I now have a total of 200 HST's made, pressed and trimmed...only a couple hundred more to go.  No way I'm getting them by tomorrow, so I'll be behind again, as usual.

Well off to TaeKwonDo now and then to freeze at the football game...

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,924
Points 41,110
ls2116 replied on Thu, Sep 26 2013 6:02 PM | Locked

Still waiting for DH to come home.  Cooked full Turkey Dinner and his job kept him.  Well at least I felt good enough to make it.

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,547
Points 417,049
gini replied on Thu, Sep 26 2013 6:33 PM | Locked

Nana:
Sounds a bit like marital abuse

yep, i had abused ears and no sleep.   not only does the man talk non-stop during the day,  he snored all night.  i had to listen to him all day and night long.   

both our kids snore, too.   when they were all at home,  i made sure i was in bed asleep long before they all hit the hay.   

i had a girlfriend over one weekend.  sam  had come home after a week long fishing trip and was in bed.  sandy looked kinda puzzled and asked what the noise was.   i told her sam was snoring.   she said, " NO?  your bedroom is upstairs."    she walked up the stairs,  listened at the door, and came back down dumb-struck, shaking her head.   then advised me to get a second house, the spare bedroom wasn't far enough away. 

gini in north idaho

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,247
Points 19,500
weezee56 replied on Thu, Sep 26 2013 8:48 PM | Locked

IS, glad to  hear you are feeling better.

Gini, sounds like my childhood. My Dad and Brother snored so much, I had to try to fall asleep before they did or I had a long noisy night ahead of me. Now my DH snores so loud he wakes himself up.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,475
Points 24,120
Elaine Phillips replied on Thu, Sep 26 2013 8:52 PM | Locked

Marie:

Marla, I had one, lost him 5 years ago, miss him terribly.

Marie, I had one too and I'd give anything to hear him snore again. Gee, I'm tearing up just thinking about him. I do that a lot. And it's been almost 6 years for me. 

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,506
Points 48,350
Angele replied on Thu, Sep 26 2013 8:54 PM | Locked

Carol, I'm so glad to hear Adelaide is doing better! She'll be fine, she is obviously a fighter.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,410
Points 19,565
Melissa Halpain replied on Thu, Sep 26 2013 8:59 PM | Locked

Very interesting conversation. I found my CPAP is like a miracle drug. I snored so bad, I never stayed at anyone's house or in the same room with someone. Even my grown children. People could never sleep around me. Although my DH could sleep through a bomb. When I had my sleep apnea test done, they found I did not sleep more than 17 minutes, although they weren't all together. Now that I have my CPAP, I have no problem sharing a room. I'm not so self-conscious. I only found out because I was have heart problems and ended up in the hospital. When you have heart problems, they hook you up to all kinds of things and that's how they found out I would stop breathing when I slept. I wouldn't go anywhere without my CPAP. I'm a happy little camper now.

Georgetown CA I'd Rather Be Quilting

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,506
Points 48,350
Angele replied on Thu, Sep 26 2013 9:02 PM | Locked

As I read through the posts for the last week, I have to agree with everyone Karla. We are our own worst critics. I'm certain your quilting is great. My friend always said, you have to look at it from at least six feet away. If you don't notice your mistake, all is fine. I really don't know how you manage to can , run for your grands, quilt and keep up with yard work and house work...do you ever sleep?  I'm sure Marge will love the quilt that carries a little piece of each of us through the blocks and  all the work you didKarla putting it all together. I hope you realize how much I and we all appreciate all the time you put in MRge's quilt.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,506
Points 48,350
Angele replied on Thu, Sep 26 2013 9:14 PM | Locked

CC and Karla it was about 58 this morning and went up to 80s this afternoon as we were walking for the Terry Fox foundation for cancer research. We are having an amazingly nice week. Mind you in New Brunswick it has rained all week. It is so beautiful with the leaves such great colours. DH and I went for a walk with the dog after school. Hopefully we can share our nice weather with as many people as possible. Happy Friday to all!

Angèle  from NWO

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,506
Points 48,350
Angele replied on Thu, Sep 26 2013 9:21 PM | Locked

My brother, and nephew both have CPAP machines and can't have a restful sleep without it. Mind you my mom snored so loud when I was growing up, it felt like a big truck going through the house.... She still goes today at 90.... 

Angèle  from NWO

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Thu, Sep 26 2013 10:18 PM | Locked

Well, Karla and CC, it sounds as if your cool wet weather is headed our way on Saturday, so tomorrow I will pick the last of the tomatoes and green peppers, and then I'll cook up a big batch of roasted tomato-basil-garlic soup to freeze for the cold days ahead.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,595
Points 75,910
Karla replied on Thu, Sep 26 2013 10:29 PM | Locked

Home from the game...they lost pretty bad, 25-6, which made it seem all that much colder.  It was 50 degrees, but that cold wind in the shadows of the grand stand was terrible.  My DGS3, who has not an ounce of fat on him, and only brought a hoodie, like to froze to death.  DD1 had on 2 sweatshirts, and when her DH showed up with another sweatshirt and her leather coat, we put the sweatshirt on him and draped both boys with her leather coat.

I had on my wool pea coat (which I almost never wear), but forgot my hat, scarf and gloves.  Hands, ears and nose were extremely cold as the wind was blowing directly at us.  Felt much colder than the game in Elko that poured on us.  I really hate wind!

Might get some more binding done on Marge's quilt if I can just warm up my hands enough to hold that darn needle.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 63,440
Jacy replied on Thu, Sep 26 2013 11:28 PM | Locked

MNnancy:
tomorrow I will pick the last of the tomatoes

That's what I did today, we are supposed to have frost tonight. I got a box and a very large bowl full. I was happy with that, some are still green and some just need a little more time to finish ripening. Well my DH comes home and says that someone from church has tomatoes and his wife is not feeling well and she doesn't want to deal with them. So he takes the boys with him and comes home with not one, but SIX boxes of tomatoes, bag of carrots and bag of small cantaloupes. Now that is WAY more work than I was planning on.........I'll be sorting tomatoes tomorrow instead of sewing on my MQ9..........but I'll soon have enough tomatoes preserved to last us till next summer.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 911
Points 17,245
Carol from Pittsburgh replied on Fri, Sep 27 2013 6:28 AM | Locked

Good news!  Baby Adelaide is at home now. She was discharged from the hospital yesterday and is doing great with her breathing and eating. Thanks again for all the prayers for her. They sure did help a lot. Now let's say some "Thank you, Lord" prayers!

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 479
Points 7,645
Julienne replied on Fri, Sep 27 2013 6:44 AM | Locked

That is great news Carol. It is always good to hear something so wonderful!

Julienne - Mid Mo

Page 91 of 244 (3651 items) « First ... < Previous 89 90 91 92 93 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use