Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #9

Page 90 of 244 (3651 items) « First ... < Previous 88 89 90 91 92 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,650 Replies | 68 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,592
Points 75,980
Karla replied on Thu, Sep 26 2013 9:10 AM | Locked

Brrrr, it's cold this morning.  DH actually turned the furnace on...I don't think I would have, but he is so susceptible to cold or heat.  It was only 65 in the house which I find to be tolerable, but not him.  The temp has to be between 70-75 all the time.

The skies are dark and overcast and we can actually see snow on the surrounding hills this morning.  It won't last long but is a definite sign that winter is on the way.   Looks like we got some rain during the night, not much apparently, but there are wet areas all around. 

Today I am working on hand sewing the binding on Marge's Quilt, and making more HST's before tomorrow's next step.  Later today it is TaeKwonDo and then straight to DGS1's football game.  We have a 15 minute interval between the end of one and the beginning of the other.  Thank goodness the football game is only about 1-1/2 miles from the TaeKwonDo dojang.

• | Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Thu, Sep 26 2013 9:43 AM | Locked

It rained/slushed all day yesterday. Today it seems to be clearing off - still cool and grey but i can see a few patches of blue in the sky. Dh built up the fire last night and drove the damp out of the house, but then we all roasted all night. Sprout doesn't see any reason to sleep if he's too warm (or too cold) so we were up most of the night. I'm hoping he'll take a good nap today and give me a chance to recover. 

it took 3 hours to vacuum yesterday, with Sprout's expert help. Today we get to do it all over again...

I'm hopeful that today I'll get a chance to patch Dh's work jeans. i've been saying I was going to get that done all week, but haven't gotten ahead of the little man long enough to even plug in my sewing machine!   If I can get that done, perhaps I can work on a few quilt blocks before I have to put everything away again...  Hey! don't knock my delusions. It's good to have a goal in life!  :)

So, Having said that, I'd better get off my bum and get back to the chores or the day will be over before I even have a chance to hiccup. Have agreat one!

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

• | Post Points: 50
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,218
Points 16,395
Susan replied on Thu, Sep 26 2013 9:50 AM | Locked

Karla, I hope your family appreciates just what a blessing you are. You go above and beyond for your DGC and your friends here at QCA. We all appreciate all the time and work you have put into Marge,s quilt, Im sure she  we love and cherish it. THANKS, for all you do!!!         Susan

• | Post Points: 5
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 872
Points 14,965
Marlabartlett60 replied on Thu, Sep 26 2013 9:54 AM | Locked

I was up late last night, couldn't sleep. When I did go to bed I was greeted by a loud snoring spouse. Arghhhh, it happens so much! I get up, and try to sleep in my recliner! Needless to say a few hours sleep is all I get most nights! I have so much I want to accomplish today, like getting 5 or so quilts cut out!  Anybody else have snoring spouses?  I'm ready to put the pillow over a head!! Lol. Geezeeeeee!

MODESTO, CA.
  • | Post Points: 65
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,514
Points 30,780
Diana replied on Thu, Sep 26 2013 10:10 AM | Locked

Marla,   I solved the snoring problem, separate rooms.  I used to hold his nose and he would roll over to get me to let go and that would stop the snoring until he rolled on his back again.  He also likes his room about 65 degrees and I would be froze.  He has a room a/c in his room as well as central a/c in the house.  We've been married for 45 years so it's better to get some sleep than anything else.  LOL

DIANA IN EAST TN 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,529
Points 177,453
Marie replied on Thu, Sep 26 2013 10:16 AM | Locked

Marla, I had one, lost him 5 years ago, miss him terribly.

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 35
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 872
Points 14,965
Marlabartlett60 replied on Thu, Sep 26 2013 10:23 AM | Locked

Diana, I slept in the spare for awhile, now DD moved back home, so drat that is foiled. Going to get an aero mattress and put in my sewing room! Your right. I need SLEEP!  Marie, I am so sorry for your loss, when my spouse snores lightly I do find it comforting somehow,  but when the walls are being sucked in, I just can't take it.  I guess there is no making me happy, lol. We have been married for 12 years,  I either need another room, earplugs or heaven duty sleeping pills,!!   

MODESTO, CA.
  • | Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 466
Points 8,840
Jan replied on Thu, Sep 26 2013 10:35 AM | Locked

Marla,

I had mine tested for sleep apnea.  Turns out he has a pretty significant case with an average of 17 lapses in breath almost every minute of the sleep study.  He now sleeps with a CPAP.  It took me a little to get used to the fan on all the time, but as long as it is clean (which is the easy part) he and I sleep very soundly.  It has now been about 15 years or so and unless the filters are dirty it is wonderful.

Jan

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 872
Points 14,965
Marlabartlett60 replied on Thu, Sep 26 2013 11:45 AM | Locked

Jan, funny you say that. Made a Dr appt on Mon, to discuss the snoring, and yes sleep apnea.  Now to see if the Cpap will be worn if needed.  Your right, that Sleep apnea, is some dangerous stuff, causes all sorts of health issues.   Thank you for writing this!

MODESTO, CA.
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,529
Points 177,453
Marie replied on Thu, Sep 26 2013 12:08 PM | Locked

Marla:
 Marie, I am so sorry for your loss, when my spouse snores lightly I do find it comforting somehow,  but when the walls are being sucked in, I just can't take it.  I guess there is no making me happy, lol. We have been married for 12 years,  I either need another room, earplugs or heaven duty sleeping pills,!!   

Thank you.  I know what you mean, hence the separate BR's.  Unfortunately you can't do that at this time.  We were married 50 years, separate BR's for 5.  There's no making all of us happy, if he were still here I'd be complaining as well.  LOL  

Millbury, MA

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,831
Points 39,980
ls2116 replied on Thu, Sep 26 2013 12:11 PM | Locked

Feeling a bit better not coughing as much.  Also got a refill for thrush.  I've been on so many prescriptions I'm losing faith in my dr. My mouth has lost all taste, and it fills like I have a chalkbox in throat. Other than that and just really dragging feeling.

I've been cooking dinner today. so that is good.

On expo just playing it by ear on how I feel tomorrow.

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,461
Points 416,734
gini replied on Thu, Sep 26 2013 2:36 PM | Locked

marla, sam lived with permanent bruised ribs and shins until he went in to get  Mr. Nose.   since he has gotten his c-pap, he has stopped snoring, and funny thing,  his bruising has gone away.     i know a lot of couples maintain separate bedrooms because of snoring issues. 

gini in north idaho

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 872
Points 14,965
Marlabartlett60 replied on Thu, Sep 26 2013 2:56 PM | Locked

gini:

marla, sam lived with permanent bruised ribs and shins until he went in to get  Mr. Nose.   since he has gotten his c-pap, he has stopped snoring, and funny thing,  his bruising has gone away.     i know a lot of couples maintain separate bedrooms because of snoring issues. 

Ahhh Gini, you actually made me laugh out loud!!  I needed that, thank you !

MODESTO, CA.
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Thu, Sep 26 2013 4:22 PM | Locked

Aww...Poor Sam. No wonder he spends so much time in Branson now!

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,727
Points 437,045
Nana replied on Thu, Sep 26 2013 5:04 PM | Locked

gini:
sam lived with permanent bruised ribs and shins until he went in to get  Mr. Nose.

hmmm  Sounds a bit like marital abuse....ROFLOL

Vinton, Virginia

Page 90 of 244 (3651 items) « First ... < Previous 88 89 90 91 92 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use