Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #9

Page 89 of 220 (3292 items) « First ... < Previous 87 88 89 90 91 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,291 Replies | 65 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,035
Points 169,743
Marie replied on Wed, Sep 25 2013 8:35 AM

Is, I hope you're feeling better today, if not you should at least let Dr. know what's going on and let her/him decide what to do.  (((((HUGS)))))

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,426
Points 72,090
Karla replied on Wed, Sep 25 2013 10:24 AM

I think, except for TaeKwonDo class at 4pm, this will be a sewing day.  So far this morning, I have pressed 50 more of my HST's for MQ9 and assembled and pressed the binding for Marge's Quilt.  Now, to put the binding on the quilt and put together some more HST's, but first I've got to put dinner in the crockpot so I won't have to quit in the middle of my sewing.  Hmmm, will it be beef stew (high temp today is only predicted to be 58) or a meat loaf with baked potatoes?  I think I'll opt for the meatloaf since the ground beef is already thawed and the stew meat is still frozen.  It has been chicken for the past 3 days and DH says, please, no more chicken, LOL.  I don't know why I worry, because he doesn't like anything...

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,354
Points 31,930

chocake2:
Meantime my brother just sent a note stating that he's just mailed me his old work pants with the blown zippers and torn out crotchs. He thinks I can find a use for them.

CC,

I had to laugh when I saw how thoughtful your brother is being!  When I was a kid, long long ago, my grandmother had us save Dad's old work uniform pants. Most of them were either an awful dark green or dark gray. She would cut the seams out, piece them together and make backs for her quilts.  I still have one of the last quilts she gave me about 50 years ago.  The log cabin top has seen better days...but the back, made from old work pants, is in much better condition. Those quilts were the ones we drug outside to lay on the ground because the grass and dirty shook off so easy.  

Max

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,576
Points 36,070
ls2116 replied on Wed, Sep 25 2013 6:40 PM

Thanks weezee and marie.  I don't think i'm going much of anywhere this weekend other than maybe hospital.

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,292
Points 45,710
Angele replied on Wed, Sep 25 2013 8:17 PM

Carol from Pittsburgh:

Thank you everyone for the nice comments about Baby Adelaide!  I had my daughter send photos to me this morning. This was taken when she was 1 day old.

Her little face is a bit irritated from the tape that held the oxygen to her. This is the only time anyone has seen her with her eyes open! 

Mom is going home today but Adelaide is staying in the hospital. Tomorrow she's going to have a swallow test done with dye. She still won't breathe while she eats so they want to see where her food goes. Please pray that the doctors find a quick solution to her problem.

Carol, Adelaide is simply adorable. I hope they will find out what is not working and fix it.  You are a lucky grandma with such a cutie pie.

Angèle  from NWO

• | Post Points: 35
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 513
Points 10,435

Thank you, Angele.  I got a text from my daughter a little while ago. She said Adelaide is doing well, that the formula thickened with rice cereal is working. She is breathing while eating now, without oxygen. She expects Adelaide to be home tomorrow or Friday!  I can't wait to hold her again!

• | Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,384
Points 119,256
Patti replied on Wed, Sep 25 2013 9:07 PM

Glad little Adelaide is doing better.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,659
Points 435,535
Nana replied on Wed, Sep 25 2013 9:15 PM

Carol

It is really good to hear that Adelaide is doing better.  It can be hard for some to drink regular formulas and they do fine once it is thickened.  Hope she is home really soon.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,384
Points 119,256
Patti replied on Wed, Sep 25 2013 9:36 PM

Today I took DD to Leavenworth, to catch a ride back to Seattle, with boyfriend's father and grandmother. What nice people.  While in the area I did some shopping, going to Costco in Wenatchee, and then to JoAnn's.   Bought an Ott light floor lamp with magnifying glass for half price.  It's great.  Going to be so much easier to do hand sewing.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,383
Points 19,080

I had such a good day today. Yesterday I had that crappy 24 hour tummy flu. I feel much better today. Well today I met my DSIL for lunch. We met at a pretty nice restaurant, but he had a Mcdonalds happy meal bag with him. No it wasn't his lunch. He had the whole set of Wizard of Oz toys from the happy meals. I collect Wizard of Oz memorabilia. It was so nice of him.Too funny. I also stopped at my not so local QS to pick up more fabric that I ran out of while doing my round robin quilt top. When I got home, I recounted my blocks and wouldn't you know it, I already had all the blocks done that I needed. I think I miscounted. Hmmmmmmm. What a funny day I had.

Georgetown CA I'd Rather Be Quilting

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,659
Points 435,535
Nana replied on Wed, Sep 25 2013 11:24 PM

Patti

I hope you have better luck with the magnifier on your light then I do with mine.   I can never get it positioned to where it helps.   But I love my light.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 535
Points 9,320
zoetc49 replied on Thu, Sep 26 2013 12:31 AM

This might not be the right area to post this. But I wanted to mention to you all, just in case you have not done this. I am working on a quilt that is all applique and the pattern needed to be mirrored. I just could not find myself trying to trace all of this, which I still will have to do for the wonder under. But I took the pattern to Stables and asked them if they could mirror it for me and they did. It was a large pattern so it cost me $7.00 to do that- but so well worth the money. Now if I can make myself sit still I might get to work on this and the MQ9 tomorrow.    

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 648
Points 10,555
Candis replied on Thu, Sep 26 2013 2:59 AM

Trying to get my sewing room set up! I have quilting things in every room now.  Hopefully I can get organized into just two areas soon.  Got a new industrial sewing table today, I am pumped about that, ordered it 1 month ago. Now for organization! I am ready!

MODESTO, CA.
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,371
Points 48,735
Ginny replied on Thu, Sep 26 2013 7:49 AM

Melissa, It sounds like you had a very good day to make up for the crappy day before.  Sounds like the most enjoyable time for you and your son.  

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,035
Points 169,743
Marie replied on Thu, Sep 26 2013 9:09 AM

Carol, I'm so happy Adelaide is doing so much better, enjoy that little bundle of Joy!

Melissa, sounds like your DSIL is a keeper.  Glad you're feeling better.

Zoetc, I've had quilt books rebound by staples and also mirror images of a few patterns, they're a great resource.

Marla, we need pics of your new table, good luck with the organization project, it's always fun to work in what looks like a new space.

Millbury, MA

Page 89 of 220 (3292 items) « First ... < Previous 87 88 89 90 91 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use