Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #9

Page 88 of 244 (3651 items) « First ... < Previous 86 87 88 89 90 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,650 Replies | 68 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,398
Points 119,581
Patti replied on Tue, Sep 24 2013 2:52 PM | Locked

I am up to starts and stops, and put it back in the pile. 

First I thought I would finish cutting out the rain pancho.  The one I had 2 left fronts, 2 left backs and 2 left hoods.  So I decided to get enough fabric to make 2 and give one to a friend.  Months later I get the fabric out and discover there is not enough for two.  So it will be one rain pancho, and lots of bags.  Then I looked for the pattern directions and couldn't find them.  I've seen them somewhere but decided that's for another day.

Got out the fabric for an apron for my daughter.  She picked the pattern and the fabric.  There must be a page missing.   And the directions don't quite match the pattern.  Such as cut 4 of something when the pattern itself says to cut to.  And on the pattern "read the instructions about cutting out part D before cutting/"  No instructions.  So I figured it must be to cut on the bias.  I did. It's easy enough to follow the instructions that I do have which have all the steps except the lay out, etc.  But I am looking at this pattern.  It says on the package, "will fit most sizes."  Looks  like it would fit me, but my daughter might be swimming in it.  So I have put that away and will wait for her to get home to make sure it is the right size.   And the pattern calls for a lot more fabric than needed.  Lots of pot holders.

Now, I am going to find places for some of my daughter's stuff.  She has brought a few boxes home to store, and there are more to come.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,398
Points 119,581
Patti replied on Tue, Sep 24 2013 2:54 PM | Locked

Karla, I am sure the quilt is fine.  Remember, it is for Marge to snuggle under and feel hugged.  

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• | Post Points: 35
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 936
Points 15,850
Marge P replied on Tue, Sep 24 2013 3:04 PM | Locked

Patti:
Karla, I am sure the quilt is fine.  Remember, it is for Marge to snuggle under and feel hugged.  

Just came on the site for the first time in days and days and what do I see but Karla stressing over my quilt.  Knock that off, girlfriend!  I am sure the quilt is lovely and Patti is so right, it will be used by me for snuggling and feeling hugged.  I sleep in a recliner and have been using a pink and white Valentines quilt that was pieced by lots of friends on the Quilts Your Way site several years back.  I can tell you, the blue and white quilt from my QCA friends is going to take its place as soon as I am home.  I also travel with a reclining lawn chair so it will be used at the retreat.  I can hardly wait! :-)

Looking forward to seeing you all in just a couple of weeks.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,585
Points 75,810
Karla replied on Tue, Sep 24 2013 3:05 PM | Locked

Patti:

Well, I think it is definitely big enough to snuggle under, I think it's about 70" X 80"...it actually looks pretty good, as long as you don't look at the quilting really closely.  Now, just to get it bordered and it will be finished.  

I could have had most of that done today if it wasn't for the yard work and canning that needed to be done.  Got 8 jars of salsa in the canner right now, just waiting to take them out and then off to shower again.

We are having terrible wind and dust storms today, gusts of 50-60 mph...power has gone off twice, but only for a minute or two at a time.  I know it's the trees in the park again, the city just doesn't go out and trim them away from the lines and they are gigantic cottonwood trees whose branches break off frequently.  I think after the last time the electric company did come out and trim them, but gee they've grown for another whole year.

Mountain passes were closed or had chain requirements the last few days...winter is definitely coming.  Our low temps have only gone down to the low 40's so far, and the highs are still in the upper 70's and low 80's, but the produce from the garden is slowly dwindling.   Only one or two more cantaloupes to come off the vines, the others are so small that I doubt they will ripen any more this year.  Maybe two or three small watermelons, and very few cucumbers, except the lemon ones, are on any of the vines.  That is OK with me though, because I have run out of canning jars, and no thought of going out and buying more.  

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,373
Points 175,023
Marie replied on Tue, Sep 24 2013 4:28 PM | Locked

Carol from Pittsburgh:
Please continue to pray for my baby granddaughter

Carol, you bet I will continue to pray for that sweet angel!

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,373
Points 175,023
Marie replied on Tue, Sep 24 2013 4:37 PM | Locked

chocake2:
blown zippers and torn out crotchs. He thinks I can find a use for them

chocake2:
(Then I take the $ he thinks I spent on him and add to my stash - Bwahahha)  

LOL, you need to make a jeans quilt, CC.

You are so deceitful taking the money for your stash, I FREAKIN LOVE IT!

Millbury, MA

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,280
Points 28,950
Agnes replied on Tue, Sep 24 2013 4:48 PM | Locked

Karla:
.it actually looks pretty good, as long as you don't look at the quilting really closely.  Now, just to get it bordered and it will be finished.  

Karla---Just remember the way to check a quilt is to ask what the fellow on the galloping horse saw as he was riding by. He wouldn't have seen anything except a sea of blue and white so all is well.

Agnes in NW Ontario

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Tue, Sep 24 2013 4:57 PM | Locked

I understand Karla's stress.  When you're making a quilt for a fellow quilter, you want it to be perfect!  I know it's going to be beautiful, and I know Marge is going to love it!  Thanks for adding all that extra loving care to it, Karla!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,585
Points 75,810
Karla replied on Tue, Sep 24 2013 9:39 PM | Locked

Agnes:
Karla---Just remember the way to check a quilt is to ask what the fellow on the galloping horse saw as he was riding by. He wouldn't have seen anything except a sea of blue and white so all is well.

LOL, somehow I don't think Marge will be riding by on a galloping horse, but she'll have to forgive me because I did a lot of firsts for me on this quilt and I'm afraid I didn't practice enough before I started it.  But it's the love in it that counts the most....

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,585
Points 75,810
Karla replied on Tue, Sep 24 2013 9:41 PM | Locked

MNnancy:

I understand Karla's stress.  When you're making a quilt for a fellow quilter, you want it to be perfect!  I know it's going to be beautiful, and I know Marge is going to love it!  Thanks for adding all that extra loving care to it, Karla!

You're right!  It's quite different making a quilt for a fellow quilter (especially when you're still in the beginner category) than it is making a quilt for non-quilting friends and relatives.  I've learned a lot though in this process and it won't be quite as daunting next time.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,280
Points 28,950
Agnes replied on Tue, Sep 24 2013 10:03 PM | Locked

Karla== I made a tote for Marge a few years ago as a teeny bit of a thank you for fabric and books she sent me. I was still learning free motion quilting and my quilting was awful. She obviously closed her eyes to all that because she uses it. Never forget it should be, and in her case I am sure it is, the thought that counts.All will be fine. Just enjoy the journey!

Agnes in NW Ontario

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,717
Points 38,350
ls2116 replied on Tue, Sep 24 2013 11:46 PM | Locked

I don't know if i over did it today moving furniture or if new inhaler dr. prescribed not agreeing having hard time maybe it will be better in morning.  I hate to call and make another appt. and I really don't want to go to hospital.  Just thought I'd check in here.  Maybe tomorrow I'll get to sew.

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,082
Points 16,580
weezee56 replied on Tue, Sep 24 2013 11:57 PM | Locked

IS I hope you feel better soon.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 936
Points 15,850
Marge P replied on Wed, Sep 25 2013 2:02 AM | Locked

Karla:

LOL, somehow I don't think Marge will be riding by on a galloping horse, but she'll have to forgive me because I did a lot of firsts for me on this quilt and I'm afraid I didn't practice enough before I started it.  But it's the love in it that counts the most....

What no galloping horse in my future?  Sure hope not! LOL   It is definitely all the love and warm thoughts that have gone into this quilt that matters.  I will love it and be absolutely thrilled with it.  I am getting excited to see it, just a couple more weeks! :-)

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 936
Points 15,850
Marge P replied on Wed, Sep 25 2013 2:06 AM | Locked

Agnes:
Karla== I made a tote for Marge a few years ago as a teeny bit of a thank you for fabric and books she sent me. I was still learning free motion quilting and my quilting was awful. She obviously closed her eyes to all that because she uses it. Never forget it should be, and in her case I am sure it is, the thought that counts.All will be fine. Just enjoy the journey!

I will probably bring this tote to the retreat as I have my crochet project in it.  it is a combination of counted cross stitch (the alphabet) plus quilting and I LOVE it.  I rec'd many nice compliments at Colonial Vista as I had it down there with me.  Thanks, Agnes, for giving Karla a pep talk. :-)

Page 88 of 244 (3651 items) « First ... < Previous 86 87 88 89 90 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use