Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #9

Page 86 of 244 (3651 items) « First ... < Previous 84 85 86 87 88 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,650 Replies | 68 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,108
Points 109,585
chocake2 replied on Sun, Sep 22 2013 6:47 PM | Locked

MNnancy:
Can she make herself up like a card dealer?
I got shot down as being "so Lame" when I dared to suggest that. Besides her BF's  best buddy is already doing that. ( I didn't ask if the buddy is lame.)

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Sun, Sep 22 2013 7:42 PM | Locked

Carol, what a heart breaker she will be one day. There is noting like a baby's first look around She's a keeper.

CC, your daughter just cracks me up. She is such a teenager. I am so glad I am past those days.

I got suckered in to planning the church picnic. I fell for it hook, line and sinker. I asked, in an email to the Pastor, if there was to be a picnic this year. He replied "Mention it Sunday". Do you see this coming? cause I did NOT> I mentioned it, and he said"do we want a picnic this year?". Everyone said "YES!". and he pointed at me and said ""See Sukochi. She's in charge.". Everyone thought that was just the best idea. I have never hosted a party for more then 6 people in my life. We are talking 50 here!  Plus, I had my sister visiting for the three days repair. No time to do anything while the GA. Quilt Show was going on.  Woke up this a.m. saw her off, and hit the floor running. Went to pick up two little "church ladies". and off to the lake we went. A ranger came along while we were setting up  and said we were int he wrong picnic shelter.  NOT! I made the reservation. But, it all worked out. I had a tournament between the Pastor and the head Elder in badminton. They really went at it hard. Elder won. I had a trophy made up by the Pastor daughter. So cute. DH had asked one of our guitar players to bring his guitar, and we had all the other Praise Team members there but one. So, they played and sang several songs from Church. It was so awesome.  The Pastor said we had never had a better picnic. That pleased me cause God said I COULD do this, and I did! Now to plan the Valentines Day Dinner. Oh, but there is a baby shower for the Church ladies in Nov. I am now Cruise Director of this Ship. One of the members fear the ship will run aground.

CC, hope your rash clears up quick. Does it itch?

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 50
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 664
Points 12,700
Michelle replied on Sun, Sep 22 2013 8:54 PM | Locked

Sounds line you have the gift of organization and didn't realize it. See He always gives us what we need. 

Michelle B
Enjoy family, friends and hobbies

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,398
Points 119,581
Patti replied on Sun, Sep 22 2013 9:52 PM | Locked

Hi, I have been gone for a few days.  Had Shabbat dinner in the sukkah of my daughter's boyfriend's family.  They are such wonderful people!   Shabbat is sabath, which starts shortly after sundown on Fridays.  It also happens to be Sukkot, a time that may Jew's celebrate God's blessings and remember when they lived in temporary housing after the escape from Egypt.  It lasts for about a week, and meals are eaten in the sukkah, and some even sleep there. 

The family is orthodox and my daughter had to remind me not to turn off the bathroom light, as they would not be able to turn it back on as it was Shabbat.  After service at my daughter's synagague, we went back and had another meal.  We spent so much time just sitting around and talking.  And a lot of walking.   almost 2 miles from my daughter's place to her boyfriend's family's place.  Walked, there and back on Friday, then Saturday walked there and back again. 

Lot's of wonderful food, but as flavorful and tender the tongue was, I just can't get used to the idea of eating tongue.  And the company, it has been a long time since I had such an enjoyable weekend. 

My daughter came home with us for a few days, then she will go back to Seattle for a few more days.  I will go back later, to see her off when she leaves for Israel.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,398
Points 119,581
Patti replied on Sun, Sep 22 2013 10:19 PM | Locked

And for the first time in my life, I was told that I look "FRUMPY."  And by my DH!  Now, some people look fantastic no matter what they are wearing, but apparently I have to be more choosy about my clothing.  I wanted to please my daughter, and not stand out too much in the synagague.  A dress, all I had was a denim jumper.  Shirt covering my elbows.  A hat.  I also decided to wear tennis shoes as what I had worn the day before gave me blisters.  My sandals were not meant for walking long distance.  DH called me frumpy and DD gave me the critical one over and found a different shirt for me.  So, I guess I passed after changing my shirt. 

I think the next piece of clothing I will buy is an appropriate dress, and I am going to find an appropriate hat.  I am not fond of the hat my daughter had for me.  And I don't think my summer hats will quite work.  And my Christmas jumper?  Not a chance.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 600
Points 10,405
zoetc49 replied on Sun, Sep 22 2013 10:28 PM | Locked

Carol,

Adelaide is very pretty !! I sure hope they soon discover why she is having issues eating. I am sure she will be fine soon. I was born way to many years back but anyhow, I came 7 week early and I had to stay at the hospital for a month, I did not have any long lasting issues. nearly 50 years ago !! The advances in medicine are so far advance now. She is going to be fine, I just know it. 

Today I went shopping in my storage unit. I have clothing from size 18 down to size 4. I have taken off 22 pounds so I can now get back into size 12. So today I put up all of large clothing and brought in my size 12 or mediums. Some were still a bit snug so I just put those into a bad to try on in a month or so. I tried on many of my old clothing and decided that some were out of style or really did not look good on me now, or might never have, so these will get donated. I cleaned a lot too today and really wanted to get on several sewing projects, but that will wait till tomorrow.   

It sounds like everyone here have been very busy.

• | Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,585
Points 75,810
Karla replied on Mon, Sep 23 2013 12:11 AM | Locked

Today we had our normal Sunday morning breakfast with the neighbors, then it was back home where I got to quilt for about an hour and a half...then off to the National Senior Pro Rodeo, which is held every year here in Fernley.  It's relatively inexpensive and not very crowded and this is one event that DH will attend.  After our cold and windy day yesterday, we were all dressed to warn for the sun that was beating down on us today, but thankfully we did not have wind today or the dust would have been terrible.

Our one disappointment at the rodeo was that DGS3 was not allowed to defend his Mutton Bustin' Championship from last year.   It is for 4-7 year olds and he turned 8 in July.  He was disappointed as we all were.  But we got even more upset when a girl from DGS2's class, who is 9, was allowed to compete.  She didn't win or there probably would have been protests, but it kind of angered us as DGS2 was told "no" he was too old (he is still under the 65 lb. weight limit by a good 10 pounds) but they let the 9-year old.  Oh well, the prizes weren't near as good this year...no silver belt buckles or embroidered hoodies for the mutton busters this year.

Then had to bathe the new dog again as she again rolled around in cat poo...not something I enjoyed doing at 7pm.  The city has got to do something about all of these feral cats, but we don't even have an Animal Control right now, and when we did, they wouldn't do anything with cats, feral or otherwise.  

Since the oldest 3 DGS's are too old for mutton bustin' now, we are anxiously awaiting the day (3 years from now) when DGS4 can try his hand at it.  He is more daring than DGS3, so it should be a piece of cake for him.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,517
Points 50,880
Ginny replied on Mon, Sep 23 2013 7:34 AM | Locked

Zoetec, Congratulations on the weight loss.  I desperately need to do the same.- lose weight, I mean.  LOL   Ginny

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,705
Points 38,185
ls2116 replied on Mon, Sep 23 2013 9:10 AM | Locked

Had a great time in Frankenmuth!  Today I'm headed to Dr for recheck.  Of coarse I'll be stopping by more stores today as quilt shop in Frankenmuth was closed.  Have to schedule my pups appt. too for grooming etc. tonight I'll get back in sewing room.

Adelaide baby sure is adorable!

Can't wait til sewing expo ... I have to find out details parking admission etc.

Quilting My Rainbow

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,108
Points 109,585
chocake2 replied on Mon, Sep 23 2013 9:46 AM | Locked

Way to go on th picnic Sukochi! 'Sounds like a grand time had by all.

Patti your weekend with DD and her new family sounds truely blessed. As for eating tongue, the texture improves with chilling. Try eating it cold.  And too funny about your attire. I look frumpy every time I try to dress up...so I just do not dress up. LOL

Zoe, wonderful for you that you've lost so much weight. I'm sure it's a lot of work  and i congradulate you on your success.

Is, hope your check-up goes well. Find wonderful things at the quilt shop and come home inspired!

Dh commented that my rash looks just like shingles. Oh joy... Not again. Please God, let him be wrong. I had fever chills most of the evening so he lit the stove for me. Then we  roasted most of the night...Another instance when I wish he didn't take such good care of me.  LOL  Benydril cream seems to help some with the burn but the red swollen patches are not reduced.  

Today I have to catch up on all of the chores I neglected over the weekend. Mt washpile is about to topple so climbing it is a major priority. Do you ever wish the laundry would just do itself?? 

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,517
Points 50,880
Ginny replied on Mon, Sep 23 2013 11:24 AM | Locked

IS, glad you had a good time in Frankenmuth. I was just thinking this morning that I bet the quilt shop wasn't open on Sunday- well, you confirmed that.    As far as the sewing expo- admission is $14.00 at the door and parking is available at the expo center for $5.00 per vehicle.  I think all of the sewing machine brands will be on site along with at least some of the long arm machines   Have you decided which day you are going to go?     Ginny    

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,353
Points 174,653
Marie replied on Mon, Sep 23 2013 11:29 AM | Locked

You did it Sukochi!  You go girl!

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,353
Points 174,653
Marie replied on Mon, Sep 23 2013 11:34 AM | Locked

Patti, so glad you had such a good time.  Thanks for sharing, nice to see how other religions do things.  

As for the frumpy comment, I hope you decked him!  :  )

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,353
Points 174,653
Marie replied on Mon, Sep 23 2013 11:36 AM | Locked

Zoetc, congrats on the 22 pound loss, keep up the good work!

Millbury, MA

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,128
Points 14,575
Dawn replied on Mon, Sep 23 2013 12:52 PM | Locked

Carol, congrats on the new little one!  So very happy for you!  Glad she is doing well and will be fine!  Enjoy!

Page 86 of 244 (3651 items) « First ... < Previous 84 85 86 87 88 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use