Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #9

Page 84 of 244 (3651 items) « First ... < Previous 82 83 84 85 86 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,650 Replies | 68 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,461
Points 416,734
gini replied on Sat, Sep 21 2013 3:42 PM | Locked

i'm off to fold fabric now, really!   :  )

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 5
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 693
Points 13,210
Michelle replied on Sat, Sep 21 2013 4:00 PM | Locked

Wonder if it got folded up with the material and is on the shelf inside the material? That would be what I would do. 

Michelle B
Enjoy family, friends and hobbies

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Sat, Sep 21 2013 4:40 PM | Locked

Yee HAW!! I not only, met Jenny Doan but she hugged me. Her truck show was awesome and SO funny.  What fun,. The shopping wasn't that great. Many less vendors from last year. And, Not nearly as many quilts on display. Rats. I have posted pics on Facebook but can't figure how to download them to my computer.  : {

Sukochi

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 634
Points 10,945
zoetc49 replied on Sat, Sep 21 2013 5:42 PM | Locked

Carol,

I am glad they are all doing well. Pictures???? LOL When you have time  : )

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,353
Points 20,380
Carolyn (CarolBeau) replied on Sat, Sep 21 2013 5:58 PM | Locked

Gini, I don't know what kind of nightguard you need, but I had an issue with clenching my teeth at one point.  It was so bad that I slipped a disk in my jaw and couldn't open my mouth for quite a while.  Once it was resolved, my dentist wanted to fit me for an $800 nightguard.  I couldn't afford that.

DH explained that you can get the ones that they use for football at Wal-Mart or any sporting goods store.  You heat them in hot water and then mold them to your teeth yourself.  He got me one of those and it was $0.99 and worked fine for me.  Also, the first night, I took it out in the middle of the night without realizing it and the dog chewed it to bits.  So he bought me 5 more for $5.  Needless to say, I'm glad it wasn't the $800 version that got chewed up on the first night!

Anyway, just wanted to make you aware of that option, in case your dentist charges as much as mine wanted to.

Raleigh, NC

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,831
Points 39,980
ls2116 replied on Sat, Sep 21 2013 6:08 PM | Locked

Thanks on that Batik answer I just really wondered about it now I understand the process more.  My next question is :  Anyone here going to the American Sewing Expo in Novi  Mi. next wk. I've heard that there will be a crown jewel there that I can try.  I don't know if there is a better day to go being a quilter?

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,461
Points 416,734
gini replied on Sat, Sep 21 2013 7:01 PM | Locked

carolyn, i used to work for a dentist.  i got my guard free.   it sucks having to pay for dental work now.

gini in north idaho

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Sat, Sep 21 2013 7:10 PM | Locked

gini:
i couldn't stand it and got another 8 1/2 inch ruler.   the old one will be awaiting me at the front door,  i'm sure, hands on hips, chastising me for finding a replacement.

Where did you acquire a new ruler so quickly?  I thought your nearest quilt shop was Coeur d'alene?  If you use your ruler for folding fabric, is there any chance the ruler is hiding in some fabric in your stash?

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Sat, Sep 21 2013 7:13 PM | Locked

gini:
it sucks having to pay for dental work now.

What makes those guards so darn expensive?  Randy has one, but it's so well used that it's developing holes. He doesn't want to pay for a new one.  I wonder if he'd try one of the 99 cent versions.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,461
Points 416,734
gini replied on Sat, Sep 21 2013 7:32 PM | Locked

it isn't hiding in my fabric, i have checked. and i t isn't here at the sewing room.  most of he fabric is off the floor and assorted surfaces.    i fold it longwise on the ruler.  it gives me a 9 inch fold and i can quickly tell how much fabric is there by counting folds.   no, i thnk it is  by the front door waiting to stick it's tongue out when i walk in.   we have a ben franklin's here. a pretty limited selection, but they have nearly every color and some notions.   the notions aren't usually the brands i buy, but this is only for folding now, so it won't walk off and hide.

gini in north idaho

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,571
Points 51,620
Ginny replied on Sat, Sep 21 2013 7:41 PM | Locked

I went to the Novi show 2 years ago.  That is where I got my Babylock Symphony machine.  I went on Sunday, I think around noon or so.  I got a terrific deal on my machine as it had been used in a sewing program.   Don't know if I can go or not.     Ginny

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,461
Points 416,734
gini replied on Sat, Sep 21 2013 7:57 PM | Locked

regarding the nightguard.   the lab fee is usually half the cost of the appliance.   labs have high overhead, they need the newest latest stuff so the dentists will use their lab.   most of the time you can't just pop the appliance into your mouth and you're good to go,   the dentist will need to fit it.  his time is worth something.   he spent 8 years minimum after high school, usually they spend a year or two more.   they are a doctor, that degree is expensive.   they also have very high overhead, and they need to keep those expensive prima donna hygienists happy, too.

gini in north idaho

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,449
Points 47,720
Angele replied on Sat, Sep 21 2013 8:12 PM | Locked

Wow Carolyn, you did great on your soho hop! There are a few pieces there I wouldn't mind getting...lol   Do you have any plans for your goodies? It looks like Christmas morning. 

Angèle  from NWO

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Sat, Sep 21 2013 8:15 PM | Locked

gini:
and they need to keep those expensive prima donna hygienists happy, too.

Oh, that's right... we have to pay for their free nightguards!  LOL  

;-)

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,449
Points 47,720
Angele replied on Sat, Sep 21 2013 8:19 PM | Locked

Congratulations Grandma Carol! A new granddaughter. I hope things will continue to go well for both mom and Adelaide.  Big hugs to all of you!

Angèle  from NWO

Page 84 of 244 (3651 items) « First ... < Previous 82 83 84 85 86 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use