Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #9

Page 82 of 244 (3651 items) « First ... < Previous 80 81 82 83 84 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,650 Replies | 68 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,330
Points 36,660
Linda replied on Thu, Sep 19 2013 9:54 AM | Locked

IS - I have a mid-arm and I'm quite happy with it.  Because of the range of motion in my shoulders (or I should say lack of motion) the mid-arm is great. And it definitely doesn't cost as much.  I'd give just about anything to have an embroidery machine that is separate from my mid-arm.

It's been so long since I've watched HGTV...6 yrs since I was in rehab. I used to watch Design on a Dime too. Got some great ideas from that program. But I can't stay up to watch it anymore if it's even still on.

This morning Indy and I brought some of the plants into the porch area. Now that we are approaching the end of Sept. I'm too afraid of a surprise hard frost. It's taken me too many years to finally get lemon grass and blueberry bushes that grow in a pot. Plus I put all the indoor plants outside in the summer, so we brought those in too. He just looked at me like "Mom what are you doing to our garden?" Now that I moved the strawberries to galvanized tubs this year, I think I'll moved them into the garage for the winter.

As soon as the furnace guy leaves, I'm back to the sewing room.....at least until the landscaper comes.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,797
MNnancy replied on Thu, Sep 19 2013 10:12 AM | Locked

Linda:
As soon as the furnace guy leaves,

I guess it's that time of year.  We have the gas fireplace guy coming today.  

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 6
Points 220
karen913 replied on Thu, Sep 19 2013 10:37 AM | Locked

Last weekend I spent canning tomatoes.   Now it is time to bring in the lawn furniture, wash windows, bring in the hose, and turn off the outside water spigots, etc. etc.

Getting ready for winter is a job.   I haven't had time to sew for almost a week.   Oh how I miss my sewing. 

Karen

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,105
Points 109,540
chocake2 replied on Thu, Sep 19 2013 6:30 PM | Locked

Oh Sure Karen...there ya go reminding the rest of us to do our chores before we play! I really don't wanna think about winterizing and your're making me do it anyway.

Dh helped me shred the cabbage for sourkraut today. he makes quick work of it. We didn't do too much of it this year, only about 10 lbs of cabbage. When Dad was alive he shared it all over town so we made heaps and heaps.

Work was a chore today. Bossman's daughter has been coming in to help out and she has it in her head that she's somehow more knowledgeable then the rest of us combined  (especially her father). Worse, she has a drinking problem. You might say she's not much help.... and on top of that I didn't have much sleep last night so I wasn't feeling my bonny best. I finally had enough and figured that I wasn't much help either, so rather then continue on and either loose my temper or screw something up I came home. Thank you, God, for giving me that option! Hopefully it'll be better when I go back. 

Now Dh is ...trying ... to make supper. I suppose I oughta go rescue him from his own sweet efforts. 

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,653
Points 37,355
ls2116 replied on Thu, Sep 19 2013 7:56 PM | Locked

I've looked at baby lock spirit can't remember if thats the embroidery only but one of their machines is and eventually i'm going to check out the pffaff shop but its like 100 mi. to get there and really hate driving all that way if I don't have the $  I wonder if either could be financed with a 0% rate doubt it I'll keep dreaming a bit.  With all the shops I've been to none have a long arm that I could try before I buy .

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,503
Points 50,705
Ginny replied on Thu, Sep 19 2013 8:19 PM | Locked

The country stitches quilt shop in East Lansing carries Pfaff and also baby lock and some long arm machines, though I don't know the brands of the long arms.  You could try there to look.  Lots of nice fabrics too, IS.    Ginny

• | Post Points: 35
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 356
Points 6,195
nantenn replied on Fri, Sep 20 2013 6:33 PM | Locked

Wish i could go to quilt show. Been a painful week with my foot. Today had neck pain.very uncomfortable!

son's fiancee wants to learn to quilt, this wil be fun

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,339
Points 414,684
gini replied on Fri, Sep 20 2013 9:02 PM | Locked

It's been a busy day, now I can put my feet up and relax, I might go check out the margaritas someone left in my fridge after Wendy's party yesterday.   Girls night out for all the women at the high school.    Wendy thought we were going to be gone when she planned it,  nope, just her dad.    I got to hang out with the girls.  

Tomorrow I plan to quilt all day.  The rains are supposed to move in,  so I'll be all set.  Sunday I'm off to Seattle to pick up the traveler.    I borrowed Nessa Rose's exoskeleton, from DD#2's tarantula, to show the kids.  It's getting a bit of fungi on the hairs,  I better get her back before it's my fault.   

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,105
Points 109,540
chocake2 replied on Fri, Sep 20 2013 9:31 PM | Locked

Been a long day here. Share that margarita, Gini!

I got up this morning feeling vaguely "off" but put it down to not sleeping well lst night.  DH planned on a fire wooding expedition today so I had the morning off. But within an hourof getting up,  i had gone from feeling a little un-settled to down right sick. Dh poured me back into bed and canceled our plans. I slept for close to 4 hours before i felt like moving, but once I got up, I felt much better. A little wobbly, but still an enormous improvement. We decided to try for our date after all. We took our time and enjoyed the beautiful weather while we worked. we were late getting home  so I still haven't un-loaded and stacked the day's harvest but I'll get  to it.  eventually. Dh was a love and cooked for me tonight, as I am still not 100%. He'sa keeper

We get our wood from an area that burned a few years ago. The whole mountain is covered with fireweed this year. The seeds float off in little puffs in the breeze. Today we were working down in a bit of a hole, and I looked up-slope as the sun was starting to drop behind the ridge. All of those downy little poofles looked like fairy dust sparkling in the sun! 

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,342
Points 46,405
Angele replied on Fri, Sep 20 2013 10:21 PM | Locked

Gini,I think you should share those margaritas!

busy day at school, then we had to quickly pick the tomatoes, green peppers and beets left in the garden, as hard frost coming our way.  Tomorrow morning will be all for quilting and veggie freezing/cleaning in the afternoon. I will probably have to can tomatoes too. I would rather quilt but I guess it has to be done. I would hate to waste it all after all the work involved.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,653
Points 37,355
ls2116 replied on Sat, Sep 21 2013 12:38 AM | Locked

Thanks Ginny I'll check them out sometime.

I found out today DH forced to work tomorrow so maybe I'll get to go to Frankenmuth Sunday.  Also today I went to a subsale  and got some deals 5$ double globe lamp 4$ never ben used 3pc. luggage tappestry type. Another 5$ got me two bags of vintage Quilt magazines some yardage of material and a couple packs of precut heart shape fabric I had fun today.

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,503
Points 50,705
Ginny replied on Sat, Sep 21 2013 7:30 AM | Locked

Sounds like you made out like a bandit at the sub sale, IS.  I am working on finishing the St Jude quilt that I started.  Got the batting and some additional fabric for the binding yesterday, but then didn't get to work on it as a friend invited me out to eat and we went and picked up the windows that need to be replace in 2 bedrooms.  Now to work on my grandson to come over and put them in.    Ginny

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,503
Points 50,705
Ginny replied on Sat, Sep 21 2013 7:40 AM | Locked

Wow Gini,  wish I lived closer, it sounds like you had a good time with DD2's friends-and for them to leave you some margaritas- how cool.  yesterday I could have used some.   Ginny

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,333
Points 20,025
Carolyn (CarolBeau) replied on Sat, Sep 21 2013 8:04 AM | Locked

Thanks for the reminder to bring my plants in! I don't have many but I need to do it today before I go out of town tomorrow. And I should probably let the pet sitter know I'm counting on him to water them too, huh?

This week was *exhausting*. Tons going on at work, plus it would be the week that I planned to be off for 2 days for a giant shop job covering tyke better part of the state!  I did a 2-day bus tour. The first day was over 12 hours long and second almost that much. We went to 15 shops I think. Here's my score.  I am thrilled with all the great bargains and all the freebies they gave out. Now just to win that Bernina they're doing a drawing for and I'll be all set!  ;)

the top row of fabric (2.5 yards in fq's and fat eighths) and all the notions were giveaways.

Raleigh, NC

• | Post Points: 80
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,650
Points 135,977
Leslie replied on Sat, Sep 21 2013 8:09 AM | Locked

Carolyn, you got some great fabrics, nice haul  glad you had a wonderful time

[Ava, Missouri

Page 82 of 244 (3651 items) « First ... < Previous 80 81 82 83 84 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use