Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #9

Page 81 of 244 (3651 items) « First ... < Previous 79 80 81 82 83 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,650 Replies | 68 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 162
Points 2,855
Brenda replied on Wed, Sep 18 2013 7:50 AM | Locked

My shoulders are a bit sore.  I have trouble relaxing.  I will post pictures as long as long as you do not look to close, lol.

Brenda

Quilt, have fun, spend less time worrying if it is perfect.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 383
Points 8,485
didash replied on Wed, Sep 18 2013 9:50 AM | Locked

I'm baaack...with ANOTHER question! LOL!

Has anyone had experience with a Husqvarna Mega Quilter?  Looking at what appears to be an incredible deal on maching and a Grace Pinnacle frame. Since I don't know the machine (except the excellent Husqvarna reputation), I thought I'd turn to you gals for some insight.

Thanks in advance for any replies...now back to packing...settlement is tomorrow!!

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Wed, Sep 18 2013 10:03 AM | Locked

Linda, I'm sorry your having more troubles. You are always in my prayers. Hope you can overcome the eye problems so you can at least continue to stitch! H&P

Julliene, Prayers going up for you too. When it rains it pours...

Brenda, silly woman, everyone here knows better then to look close! Post that pick. And prayers for you too - a Christmas wedding is bound to be stressful!

So...I gotdistracted in the middle of reading this thread yesterday and it was still up when DH needed the computer. Naturally, he snooped....  :>}  He didn't say anything but at least he knows what's being said and knows that I really am concerned about him. maybe it'll give more weight to my fussing. ...One can hope anyway.

The guys from the farm just came by.Why do they always seem to catch me in my bathrobe? They must think I just laze around eating bon-bons all day! I've been up for hours, but haven't gotten far enough ahead of Sprout to take my shower yet.Sprout was banging around the wine bottles my neighbor saved for me to make beads out of, so that probably added to their low opinion of me - Lazy and a lush! Geez.

I love it when they start doing door to door sales during the harvest. I now have a cellar full of spuds, onions and squash, carrots to freeze and I bought the most beautiful HUGE cantaloupe melon for my breakfast! Mmmmm  I got cabbage so I can make a few jars of sour crout. Dad and I used to put up 30-40 lbs every fall, which he cheerfully gave away to everybody. Now I can get by with just making enough for us, and we don't eat that much of it.  Of course this means i need to find the time to shred... 

Guess I had better go get everything stowed away properly and see if I can get that shower before I have to go to work this afternoon...

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 151
Points 2,560
Beth replied on Wed, Sep 18 2013 11:34 AM | Locked

Thank you Ginny, and my thoughts and prayers are with you also, praying for you to be restored to perfect health as well :)!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 151
Points 2,560
Beth replied on Wed, Sep 18 2013 11:39 AM | Locked

Praying for your full recovery as well Julienne...check out the book "The Vitamin D Cure" also...tells a lot about how we who live in the Northern Hemisphere are usually Vitamin D deficient and along with the light, additional supplementation of vitamin D3  will help a lot....I know I am taking 2000mg of D3 and have seen a significant improvement in my mood :)! 

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 478
Points 7,625
Julienne replied on Wed, Sep 18 2013 3:47 PM | Locked

Thank you Beth, I will check the book out. Sounds good. I will have to see the dosage of my Vit D and bump it up to 2000 to get the best out of it. I used to take that much last time I was on it. But that was about 2 years ago. Started it back up yesterday.  It will take a few days I think before I feel better.

Julienne - Mid Mo

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,595
Points 75,910
Karla replied on Wed, Sep 18 2013 7:37 PM | Locked

didash:
Has anyone had experience with a Husqvarna Mega Quilter?  Looking at what appears to be an incredible deal on maching and a Grace Pinnacle frame. Since I don't know the machine (except the excellent Husqvarna reputation), I thought I'd turn to you gals for some insight.

I have a Viking MegaQuilter (which according to the shop is the exact same machine) and I like it.  I also have the Grace Pinnacle frame.  I like it since I couldn't afford a long arm, but because the harp space is only about 10" you are limited to the kind of quilting you can do on the frame since your usable space gets smaller and smaller as you roll it up.  I do a lot of meandering and all over patterns, but when I need to do something in a larger block with a pattern, I have to FMQ on my Husqvarna Sapphire.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,919
Points 41,040
ls2116 replied on Wed, Sep 18 2013 9:06 PM | Locked

I'm still window shopping the different machines.  I want to do embroidery 200X200, but yet I want a regulated fmq stitch also.  Is fmq evertruly regulated when its the speed at which you move the quilt?  Love to have a longarm, $ and space i think for me is just a dream.  ...

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,919
Points 41,040
ls2116 replied on Wed, Sep 18 2013 9:10 PM | Locked

Forgot to mention I'm going to frankenuth for oktoberfest this wkend maybe this time i'll be able to check out the quilt shop there.

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 356
Points 6,195
nantenn replied on Wed, Sep 18 2013 9:20 PM | Locked

Thank you to all for thoughts and prayers. I can only walk with a walker. A very sweet special lady gave me the perfect walker and i appreciate it every day.  

Still can not sew due to pain in foot up to the knee. But am hoping to get nerve stimulation in October and then get back to sewing. Have some Christmas gifts planned.

i keep up with all your posts. Enjoy them all. T&P for those in need!

Dogs got groomed today and are sound asleep early! Just wears them out.

watch alot of tv..HGTV, so relaxing, everyone gets great houses and are so  happy.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,595
Points 75,910
Karla replied on Wed, Sep 18 2013 9:41 PM | Locked

I watch HGTV a lot, too, but only late at night after DH hits the sack.  Up until that time, I have no control over the remote, so I spend this time on the computer or the sewing macine, or both.

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 695
Points 11,955
zoetc49 replied on Wed, Sep 18 2013 11:01 PM | Locked

Today I decided that I would triple wrap 10 gifts i have for a friend. The last gift is the quilt I made. I figured that i put so much time into all that I made, I could get them to take time opening it all up...lol After I was all done, I had to put them all into 2 boxes size 18x18x24, then I had to state to open the first box, then the second box. I had numbered the packages in order, some I knew what the items were others I did not recall. I also added a box to unwrap that I put some snacks in and suggested they could take a break...lol.     I am glad I am on the giving end of this  : )

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Wed, Sep 18 2013 11:05 PM | Locked

chocake2:
I gotdistracted in the middle of reading this thread yesterday and it was still up when DH needed the computer. Naturally, he snooped....  :>}  He didn't say anything but at least he knows what's being said and knows that I really am concerned about him. maybe it'll give more weight to my fussing.

:-)

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,854
Points 85,875
Sukochi replied on Thu, Sep 19 2013 8:40 AM | Locked

zoetc49:

Today I decided that I would triple wrap 10 gifts i have for a friend. The last gift is the quilt I made. I figured that i put so much time into all that I made, I could get them to take time opening it all up...lol After I was all done, I had to put them all into 2 boxes size 18x18x24, then I had to state to open the first box, then the second box. I had numbered the packages in order, some I knew what the items were others I did not recall. I also added a box to unwrap that I put some snacks in and suggested they could take a break...lol.     I am glad I am on the giving end of this  : )

How clever are you??

Sukochi

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,854
Points 85,875
Sukochi replied on Thu, Sep 19 2013 8:44 AM | Locked

nantenn:
My son's fiancee has SAD but during the summer not the winter.  Any suggestion??
 I have never heard of summer SAD. I thought it was caused by lack of light. Try to google it and perhaps you will find answers. 

Praying for your healing, or at least getting answers.

GA Quilt Show, tomorrow YEE HAW!!

Sukochi

Page 81 of 244 (3651 items) « First ... < Previous 79 80 81 82 83 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use