Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #9

Page 79 of 244 (3651 items) « First ... < Previous 77 78 79 80 81 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,650 Replies | 68 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,604
Points 48,215
Debbie-do replied on Tue, Sep 17 2013 5:40 PM | Locked

For some totally awesome pesto, try making it with cilantro and pecans!  You may never go back to basil pesto!

Southwest of San Antonio

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,467
Points 416,884
gini replied on Tue, Sep 17 2013 5:41 PM | Locked

chocake2:
Does anyone have a good recipe for pickled crab apples?

yes i have gramma's recipe, i'll hunt it off when i am done with the kids today.    i've been looking for  good crab apples.  i didn't pat attention when i was a kid where gramma got her crabapples.   the tree in her yard has apples that get mushy.   she had a tree somewhere in the county that she used to snag them from, and none of my aunts can remember where it is. 

gini in north idaho

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,575
Points 51,670
Ginny replied on Tue, Sep 17 2013 6:16 PM | Locked

Beth, I hope the tide turns for your Mom.  Hopefully the paper will be of some help.  Sometimes it is just tough to get your bearings back after such trauma that insulted her sensibilities.  My prayers go out to your whole family for the burdens they bear right now.   Ginny

• | Post Points: 35
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 463
Points 7,370
Julienne replied on Tue, Sep 17 2013 6:36 PM | Locked

Hi Everyone,

Did not want you to think I completely fell off the face off the earth, but I have been laying low as I have been sick and really have not been doing much, but reading posts on QCA, email and Facebook, then trying to make it out of the house once in a while. today I blustered up enough to get the groceries YAY me, but hurt so bad after I could not walk. BUT BUT BUT, I walked the store this time without my walker or wheelchair. (maybe the last time I try that until I don't need so much from there)

I head back to the neuro next week and hope to get more answers.  At this point most anything can set off the FHM. We have been getting a lot of rain the last few days and it is suppose to keep raining until Thursday. Kind of depressing.

I get S.A.D. so I have my light out now that I sit under and some suggestions were made that I am starting to try.  

So I hope to get back to sewing soon. I have been kind of looking at fabrics for the Union Solider group as I have my book. But I have not gotten any yet.

Well I will keep in touch and start participating again soon. I am watching though............ :)

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,656
Points 136,082
Leslie replied on Tue, Sep 17 2013 7:18 PM | Locked

Julienne, hope you get to feeling better soon

[Ava, Missouri

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,656
Points 136,082
Leslie replied on Tue, Sep 17 2013 7:19 PM | Locked

Ginny, T&P with you

[Ava, Missouri

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Tue, Sep 17 2013 7:26 PM | Locked

gini:
i've been looking for  good crab apples
I'll share. We have 2 varieties. One seems to be the more common decorative kind (forget what they are called) and the other is larger, deeper red and more suited to cooking. I also have Macs, atho I imagine you have no problem finding those there.

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,575
Points 51,670
Ginny replied on Tue, Sep 17 2013 7:40 PM | Locked

Thank you Leslie.  I appreciate all the thoughts and prayers.    Ginny

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Tue, Sep 17 2013 7:54 PM | Locked

Only about a half hour to 50 mins bright daylight has gone from here yet. Seems, as winter is longer then summer, the body would be more acclimated to the dark then to bright light. I wonder why it isn;t. My sister is the queen of SAD. or, was till she went to skiing and snow shoeing.  All her outdoor activity in the winter has so cured what ailed her. Myabe it is movement that makes the diff. People tend to hunker down in the winter. 

Nancy, my Mom didn;t want her babies to have spicy food so she thought that adding ice to really COLD gazpacho was the way to go. Go figure. 

So sorry to hear that Barbara is back in the hospital now. What a shame. Hope she is home soon. All of you are in my prayers.   

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 50
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 356
Points 6,195
nantenn replied on Tue, Sep 17 2013 8:21 PM | Locked

My son's fiancee has SAD but during the summer not the winter.  Any suggestions??

i have recovered from hospital stay, but foot/ankle still requires pain med all day. Back to doctors this week and next.  Waiting on ins co answer for nerve stimulation procedure. T&P for all in need.

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 356
Points 6,195
nantenn replied on Tue, Sep 17 2013 8:22 PM | Locked

My son's fiancee has SAD but during the summer not the winter.  Any suggestions??

i have recovered from hospital stay, but foot/ankle still requires pain med all day. Back to doctors this week and next.  Waiting on ins co answer for nerve stimulation procedure. T&P for all in need.

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 356
Points 6,195
nantenn replied on Tue, Sep 17 2013 8:22 PM | Locked

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,144
Points 14,810
Dawn replied on Tue, Sep 17 2013 8:22 PM | Locked

Ginny, praying for you!  CC keeping DH lifted in prayer too!

Today was a long, but good day. Babysat the grands, then picked up DGD1 and took her shopping for her birthday presents.  We had a blast!  Then it was parents night, so, I got to babysit for another half hour.  I left home at 11 and got home at 7:15.  Gonna sleep well tonight!  

Tomorrow, I hope to get myself to quilting then I go bowling w/Mom and then home.  Gotta come up w/something fast to make for Christmas for my bowling team.  Think I will make applique pillows, that way I don't have to quilt, as I hand quilt and it does take awhile.  :-)  

Well, almost time to hit the hay!  YAY!!!!!!!!!!!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,401
Points 119,611
Patti replied on Tue, Sep 17 2013 8:24 PM | Locked

Ginny and Julienne.  I have added both of you to my prayer list 

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Tue, Sep 17 2013 8:36 PM | Locked

Debbie-do:
For some totally awesome pesto, try making it with cilantro and pecans!

I've posted before that one of my favorite pestos is sage with toasted walnut.  I love it served with gnocchi.

Last year I posted a pesto information sheet that I think may still be on my blog.  It suggests experimenting with all sort of greens like cilantro, mint, or spinach.  You can swap out nuts, too.  How about pistachios for a change?  Cheese - maybe swiss next time.

Pestos are fun to make and eat!  Oh, and Donna, my original recipe calls for more olive oil, too, but when the oil came running out as I scooped the finished pesto into the muffin cups for freezing, I decided I would cut back on the oil for a slightly drier version.  I can always add more oil later if I want it.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Page 79 of 244 (3651 items) « First ... < Previous 77 78 79 80 81 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use