Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #9

Page 78 of 244 (3651 items) « First ... < Previous 76 77 78 79 80 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,650 Replies | 68 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,448
Points 176,343
Marie replied on Tue, Sep 17 2013 11:19 AM | Locked

chocake2:
I was thinking of just clobbering him with a cast iron skillet and loading him in the car while he's still looopy...

Not such a great idea, CC.  Go with Nancy"s and stay out of trouble and possibly jail!

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Tue, Sep 17 2013 12:19 PM | Locked

So how does this sound for a plan for the afternoon?  I think I'll go sweep up all the pine needles that have dropped along the driveway, bag them up, and store them for mulch for the next gardening season.  Think I'd rather be in the sewing room, but I hate to see all those needles go to waste and if I wait too much longer, they'll have autumn leaves mixed in.  Talk to you later.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,415
Points 415,724
gini replied on Tue, Sep 17 2013 12:20 PM | Locked

chocake2:
That's a whole lot gentler then my solution. I was thinking of just clobbering him with a cast iron skillet and loading him in the car while he's still looopy...

oh good grief,   why are men like this?  

this isn't a good plan CC the skillet will leave marks.  CPS and domestic violence people would get in the act.   i'll come over, we can hog tie him. and the two of us with the help of your kids can wrestle him into the car. then when we get the to doctor you and i will get out of the car, we'll let the kids drive him in the parking lot to the doctor and they can put on their pitiful,"will you help my dad" faces.  that way we can have plausible deniability,  

they won't go after the kids. easy peasy.

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,542
Points 51,250
Ginny replied on Tue, Sep 17 2013 12:49 PM | Locked

Thanks for the prayers Karla and Marie.  I think I am going to need them big time.  Actually, I am wondering if they will let me come home before they do the procedure.   I don't mind saying that I am mighty concerned, there is a lot of damage that has happened in the past 6 months.     Ginny

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Tue, Sep 17 2013 2:23 PM | Locked

gini:

chocake2:
That's a whole lot gentler then my solution. I was thinking of just clobbering him with a cast iron skillet and loading him in the car while he's still looopy...

oh good grief,   why are men like this?  

this isn't a good plan CC the skillet will leave marks.  CPS and domestic violence people would get in the act.   i'll come over, we can hog tie him. and the two of us with the help of your kids can wrestle him into the car. then when we get the to doctor you and i will get out of the car, we'll let the kids drive him in the parking lot to the doctor and they can put on their pitiful,"will you help my dad" faces.  that way we can have plausible deniability,  

they won't go after the kids. easy peasy.

I was thinking  that the Doc could treat the concussion while we were there, but I like this plan better. I get to see you,  After we unload him on the Doc, we can sneak off to the LQS for some much deserved rewards/therapy.

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,415
Points 415,724
gini replied on Tue, Sep 17 2013 2:30 PM | Locked

ginny, i have been skimming posts and missed yours.  prayers that everything turns out good for you

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,448
Points 176,343
Marie replied on Tue, Sep 17 2013 3:46 PM | Locked

CC, I must admit I liked Nancy's plan at first but Gini's has my vote now, very devious and exciting, I love it!

Millbury, MA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Tue, Sep 17 2013 4:28 PM | Locked

CC, maybe the plan now should be that you "accidently" leave this page open for DH to read for himself.  He'll enjoy a laugh and get the message at the same time!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,542
Points 51,250
Ginny replied on Tue, Sep 17 2013 4:38 PM | Locked

Thank you, Gini.  It has been very difficult to, have to deal with this sudden problem.  I certainly didn't plan on this.  And after Barbara's problems I just didn't want to deal with this.  I have been so concerned about her and her condition.  But , I guess the Lord knows it is in His time, not mine.    Ginny

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,409
Points 47,175
Angele replied on Tue, Sep 17 2013 4:38 PM | Locked

MNnancy:

Angele:
how do you make your basil pesto? I have basil but was not sure of how to do the pesto which I love.

1/4 C olive oil
2 oz pkg pine nuts, toasted
4 cups fresh basil leaves, packed
6-8 cloves garlic, peeled
1/4 tsp salt
3/4 cup grated parmesan

Place garlic and nuts in food processor - chop.  Add basil and salt and blend until mostly smooth.  Add olive oil a little at a time, blending after each addition.  Stir in grated parmesan.  I like to freeze it in mini-muffin cups or ice cube trays.

What's your favorite way to use pesto, Angele?  I mostly use mine on home-made pizza and sometimes with pasta.  I use the rest of the fresh basil leaves from the garden with my roasted tomato-basil soup or with tomato sauce.

i use my pesto on pizza and in my chicken pesto sauce. Thanks I will try this recipe on the weekend. This is very nice of you to share.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 151
Points 2,570
Beth replied on Tue, Sep 17 2013 4:43 PM | Locked

Hi girls...not much time for quilting or computer between Grands and my mom...she has been in rehab for two weeks...still plenty confused, finally got them to deliver the newspaper to her daily, I am hoping it will help to realize date, day and year...she has physical, occupational, and speech therapies..praying for a good outcome!!! I just wanted to say, I've loved all the projects posted lately, and I'm praying for everybody who has requested prayers, Barbara, Thea, Marge, Kristin, Diane's DH, Patti, and (most recently Ginny, and CC's DH), and all others in need!!! Hang in there, we weren't promised an easy ride...but God's plan is always the best one...faith, trust, and praying for perfect health for all in need :)!! OH, and Suchoki, I loved your prayer..giving it to God, I'd love for him to take my worry too:)!!! Such faithfulness :)!

Peace to all!!

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Tue, Sep 17 2013 4:47 PM | Locked

MNnancy:

CC, maybe the plan now should be that you "accidently" leave this page open for DH to read for himself.  He'll enjoy a laugh and get the message at the same time!

*Gasp* I wouldn't do that!! And Dh never snoops. .....LOL

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Tue, Sep 17 2013 4:50 PM | Locked

Thanks for the prayers, Beth. 'Looks like you could use some, too!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Tue, Sep 17 2013 4:55 PM | Locked

Just to give you pesto lovers another option:

I've been freezing pesto in small cups for several years pretty much the same as Nancy except that my recipe calls for more olive oil and I don't add salt until serving.  Also, I substitute walnuts for up to 50% of the pine nuts (for economic reasons).

As I tend to turn to pesto as a last-minute decision for dinners, I have had problems with "defrosting" the pesto with the parmesan cheese included...it seems to get "glummy" (sic) for me.  So, this year, I am freezing  it WITHOUT the parmesan cheese.  I will add the parmesan when I add the "basil, oil, nut and garlic" mixture - just before serving.

Winthrop, WA

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Tue, Sep 17 2013 4:58 PM | Locked

Sprout has suddenly turned up his nose at his old favorite, apple sauce, so I had some that needed to be used. 'decided it was a good day to make apple muffins. They'll make a nice treat for school lunches...if I can make them last that long. 

The temp is dropping fast here. They say we're finally gonna have more seasonable weather -- 60's instead of 80's -- for the rest of the week. Maybe the apples on my tree will finally ripen and I can finish the canning/freezing... Speaking of that: Does anyone have a good recipe for pickled crab apples? I have tons this year.

DD's BF brought me a couple bags of rhubarb the other day. 'Said his boss told him to mow it all down and he didn't want it to go to waste. 'Guess no one told the kid that 'barb is bettrin the spring, before it blooms...  but I'll cook it up and see  how it tastes. Maybe I'll make a batchof Strawberry/Rhubarb jam if it's OK.

'Had thought to patch Dh's torn jeans today but for the life of me I couldn't find the super ragged pair I planned to cut the patches out of.  ...He's wearing them. :S

Page 78 of 244 (3651 items) « First ... < Previous 76 77 78 79 80 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use