Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #9

Page 77 of 221 (3311 items) « First ... < Previous 75 76 77 78 79 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,310 Replies | 66 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,034
Points 108,660
chocake2 replied on Mon, Sep 16 2013 8:38 PM

Thanks, ladies. I appreciate it.

No Patti, I doubt Hubby's trouble is sleep apnea. He really doesn't snore And his meds are for clogging of his arteries. The dumb doc told him "not to worry too much about his diet" and just take the pills... so, of course, he's been ignoring advice about cutting his salt and fat intake even tho he has clear evidence of arterial blockage.  I've quit buying high sodium junk ( and I don't use salt in my cooking hardly at all anyway) and am careful to keep his fat intake low, but I'm sure it's not enough. And since he hasn't taken his meds in more then a year (I checked his last refill date)... So I strongly suspect that's what's going on here. Dang foo' needs ta see the Doc.  

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

• | Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,376
Points 48,775
Ginny replied on Mon, Sep 16 2013 9:00 PM

Well, I did some sewing o my St. Judes quilt this morning and then went to quilting at the senior center because I wanted to show the new lady what I had done with her St Jude scraps.  Well, wouldn't you know she hasn't been there in a couple of weeks.  When I got home the hospital had called me.  I had an echo cardiogram done last week and the Dr. wasn't happy with the results. The results show that my heart valve isn't working properly and I may have to have it replaced., but she said that I needed to have a trans- esophageal echo cardiogram done to see if there is a blood clot or scar tissue on the back side of the valve. Well, the hospital called and I go in Thursday morning for the procedure.  They are going to knock me out with propofal to do the procedure. I said, OH, Michael Jackson's drug of choice.  Depending on the results of this will depend on when and how they replace the valve.   I have been so extremely short of breath most of the summer- now I know why, but I certainly wasn't expecting this.  So as with some of our other friend, I am asking you to keep me in your prayers.  I'll update you when I can.     Ginny

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,659
Points 435,535
Nana replied on Mon, Sep 16 2013 9:12 PM

CC

You and your DH will be in my prayers.  When Lewis had his heart attack and ended up having to have a stent placed his biggest complaint before hand was that he was so tired.   He never had any pain and if I hadn't seen him looking like death warmed over and all sweaty and called the ambulance the Dr said he wouldn't have made it.   And he fought me tooth and nail over the ambulance.  I really hope you can convince him to go to the Dr.  It is important to both of you.   Hugs and thoughts and prayers coming your way.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,659
Points 435,535
Nana replied on Mon, Sep 16 2013 9:14 PM

Ginny

I just want to say that the trans esophageal echo won't be bad.   I pray that the results will be ok.   I will remember you in my prayers.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,576
Points 36,070
ls2116 replied on Mon, Sep 16 2013 9:15 PM

Ginny i'll be praying for ya.  Until you have test I hope you just keep sewing.  Sometimes Dr. make errors or tests get botched you know what i'm trying to say.  I know first hand on that one I'll pm you before I over flap my jaws here.

Quilting My Rainbow

• | Post Points: 5
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 538
Points 9,350
zoetc49 replied on Mon, Sep 16 2013 9:20 PM

Good advice Nana,

My older brother looked really bad the last time I saw him. Long story but I thought he was just mad. I did not say anything. That was the last time I saw him. he died alone in a hotel room 6 months later.

Ginny,  Glad you had some test run and sounds like your in good hands. I am learning from everyone to keep walking and hope that this helps keep everything doing well as I grow older.  I wish only the best for you and everyone else going through health issues.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,376
Points 48,775
Ginny replied on Mon, Sep 16 2013 9:28 PM

Yes Nana.  I have had it before.  The problem is that the spray that is used to numb the throat can't be used on me as it causes the tissues to slough.  I have had it done before in 2009 after the injury to my diaphragm.  The valve was perfect at that time, but it isn't now.  I have a mechanical valve put in my heart in 1999 and that is what has caused the problem with renewed stenosis of the aortic area, so I am already aware that something has to be corrected as it is affecting the atrium.  I have been thinking and worrying about this all week end.  So now the fun begins.  I will be like Barbara more or less in recuperation time, but without all of the follow up problems she has had to contend with.    Ginny

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,576
Points 36,070
ls2116 replied on Mon, Sep 16 2013 9:32 PM

Now for what i did today I played hooky from sewing and moved furniture still trying to make the house feel bigger yet trying to protect my furnitur from a cold garage all winter.

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,034
Points 108,660
chocake2 replied on Mon, Sep 16 2013 10:24 PM

Prayers going up Ginny. You'll be fine. I can feel it.  

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,057
Points 170,727
MNnancy replied on Mon, Sep 16 2013 10:33 PM

Sukochi:
My mom raised us on Gaspacho. Do you put cucumbers in yours? It is just the best stuff ever. We used to float ice cubes in it, to cool the heat, when we were kids. I should make some.

Yes to the cucumbers!  Ice cubes?  I chill it in the fridge for hours before eating (picks up more flavor the longer you wait), and then even chill the bowls before serving. A friend and I were talking about whether you could freeze this since the tomatoes all need harvesting right now.  She said yes, but I pointed out that the vegetables would lose their crunchiness.  She said when that happens, she grinds it smooth, adds vodka, and drinks it like a bloody mary.  Smart woman!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,057
Points 170,727
MNnancy replied on Mon, Sep 16 2013 10:37 PM

chocake2:
Dang foo' needs ta see the Doc.

Maybe Sprout could "write" him a note saying he wants his daddy to be around for a while, so please go to the doctor.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,426
Points 72,120
Karla replied on Mon, Sep 16 2013 11:50 PM

CC, prayers for you and DH, hope you can convince him to see the doctor.  And prayers for you too Ginny.  Hope the tests and procedures work miracles.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,048
Points 169,898
Marie replied on Tue, Sep 17 2013 9:37 AM

Ginny, I'm so sorry about your problem, I will certainly pray that all turns out well for you.  (((((HUGS)))))

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,048
Points 169,898
Marie replied on Tue, Sep 17 2013 9:41 AM

MNnancy:
Maybe Sprout could "write" him a note saying he wants his daddy to be around for a while, so please go to the doctor.

Great idea Nancy!

Millbury, MA

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,034
Points 108,660
chocake2 replied on Tue, Sep 17 2013 10:44 AM

Marie:

MNnancy:

Great idea Nancy!

That's a whole lot gentler then my solution. I was thinking of just clobbering him with a cast iron skillet and loading him in the car while he's still looopy...

• | Post Points: 35
Page 77 of 221 (3311 items) « First ... < Previous 75 76 77 78 79 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use