Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #9

Page 76 of 244 (3651 items) « First ... < Previous 74 75 76 77 78 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,650 Replies | 68 Followers

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 484
Points 9,190
Jan replied on Mon, Sep 16 2013 3:20 PM | Locked

CC

And I thought my live in granddaughter had gone to her father's.  How did she end up there? Perhaps they were twins. . . I asked her to help me with a couple of things while my arm has been laid up and she started asking me what she would get paid.  I don't know. . . dinner, a roof over her head. . . silly me.

Jan

• | Post Points: 5
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 484
Points 9,190
Jan replied on Mon, Sep 16 2013 3:25 PM | Locked

Karla,

I might want to trade a boy who is all attitude for  a girl who is all attitude and screams and cries about everything.  I tolerated the male attitude better than the female attitude with my own kids.  Little did I know I was going to have to do it again 20 years later !

• | Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 484
Points 9,190
Jan replied on Mon, Sep 16 2013 3:45 PM | Locked

CC,

I will join your "horrible mother" club.  She is 15 and our granddaughter who we are raising.  Everybody does their homework on the phone.  No one has their phone taken at night so they will sleep.  Not one of her friends have to wash the kitchen table off EVERY day. Yeah, Yeah, Yeah. . . .

She does like to sew though. Thinks frogging is beneath her though.  Guess what! That quilt block can sit there till she figures it out or moves out. . .

Jan

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Mon, Sep 16 2013 3:57 PM | Locked

my Dad used to smile sweetly at his only granddaughter and say that she was his greatest revenge. sadly, he may have been right...

Her uncle suggested that e change her name to "The Royal Princess Slug Butt" until her attitude improves.   But the truth is, she's pretty easy compared to many of her school mates. My gosh you never saw such a lot of mean, mouthy, spoiled, dead-beats! It's no wonder she occasionally cops an attitude after daily exposure to that lot!

Karla take good care of that arm. You don't want an infection to slow you down.

Gini, better to forget the canine names, then to mislabel some innocent soul with them by mistake. My mom called me 'Grover'  for years... ( Come to think of it, maybe she was trying to tell me something? That was about the time I was in my teens....) Can you imagine Sam's reaction if you start referring to him as the sausage? 

'Still haven't gotten to my sewing machine. Sprout has taken busy to whole new levels today. Wow! I wish i had that energy!  He was especially helpful when i tried to siphon my rose petal wine into bottles. that siphon hose was just too interesting! what a mess. The floors got mopped 2ce today (so far).

I'm worried about Dh. He has no pep at all lately. The kids say that daddy's hobby is sleeping. i can understand that when he's on night shift, but this last few months they're right - he's usually snoring. I suspect that it's time for a trip to the cardiologist. i know he hasn't been taking his meds for some time (Say's they're too expensive and that they "don't do nuthing, anyway...") I'm pretty burned out myself. It's hard to keep up when my partner's falling down on the job. The more he sleeps, the less rest I can get...  'would appreciate a prayer for him if you happen to think of it. 

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

• | Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Mon, Sep 16 2013 4:07 PM | Locked

gini:
i'm betting that dog rethinks going after a porcupine again

Nah, they never learn....

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Mon, Sep 16 2013 4:11 PM | Locked

chocake2:
but this last few months they're right - he's usually snoring. I suspect that it's time for a trip to the cardiologist

Sorry to hear that, CC.  Maybe heart, but maybe lyme's disease?  Do you have deer ticks?  Or maybe mild depression during this time of shortening daylight.  That always gets Randy.  I put him on vitamin D this time of year.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Mon, Sep 16 2013 4:12 PM | Locked

Donna B:
I heard (on weathernet) there were trees down in the Twisp Valley (not far from us) but haven't heard of any other damage yet.

Isn't that Marge's neighborhood?  Is all well there?

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,649
Points 52,675
Ginny replied on Mon, Sep 16 2013 4:16 PM | Locked

Prayer going for CC's DH right now.     Ginny

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Mon, Sep 16 2013 4:17 PM | Locked

Today I've been busy cutting out pieces for purses for the church bazaar.  I plan to work on these at the Oregon retreat.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,854
Points 85,875
Sukochi replied on Mon, Sep 16 2013 4:41 PM | Locked

ls2116:
The colorado bits on news, I'm praying for the people there.

My baby sister is one of the residents in Lafayette, Co., She lives on the only little hill in town. Thanks be to God. She took in stranded friends. Said ti is so much worse up in the mountains. Keep praying. This ain't over yet. So, many have lost their homes. So very sad.

That nut case in DC who killed all those people and put the rest of us on edge, is going the hot road! Hell is too good a place for him. What is this world coming to? And, why do I have to KEEP asking this question? Because right around the corner, sitting in wait,, is another NUTCASE!

Debbie-do is in N.H./MA caring for her sick Mom. She will come home, probably Sunday. Lift her, her mom and her sister up, if you would, please.

Ok, I did it. I am guilty. I bought an Android. Apparently, you have to go to school to learn how to operate one of these dang things. But, time does go by much quicker in the car while riding somewhere with DH. I can play games, read the news!!, and talk to the boy. Keep up with the church ladies, too. Still on the fence as to whether I did the right thing or not!

Friday is the Georiga Quilt Show. Can hardly wait. My sister will be here Thurs. I have to call Joni and see about setting up a place for us to meet at the Show.  Then next Sunday will be the church picnic. I have planned lots of gmaes, family photos to be taken, and WATER BALOONS!!! This is gonna kick butt!

I prayed a prayer that has lifted me. I prayed for God to take anything I have. And, he took worry. Thank you, Jesus! I am now a different person. I don't give a flip about anything. God has got it.  I have to get DH to follow suit. I have never been this light in my life. It is amazing how worry seeps into every single part of your mind, heart and relationships. Pray my prayer. Save you life!

Fall has fell, here. Happy Happy Happy!

Sukochi

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,854
Points 85,875
Sukochi replied on Mon, Sep 16 2013 4:44 PM | Locked

MNnancy:
I made my gazpacho
 My mom raised us on Gaspacho. Do you put cucumbers in yours? It is just the best stuff ever. We used to float ice cubes in it, to cool the heat, when we were kids. I should make some.

Sukochi

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,702
Points 179,708
Marie replied on Mon, Sep 16 2013 5:04 PM | Locked

CC, prayers going up for both of you.  (((((HUGS)))))

Millbury, MA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,595
Points 75,910
Karla replied on Mon, Sep 16 2013 5:16 PM | Locked

Jan:
I will join your "horrible mother" club.  She is 15 and our granddaughter who we are raising. 

My almost 15 yr. old grandson doesn't even have a cell phone, and he won't get one unless he keeps his grades  up to at least a 3.5 gpa.  He is a notorious slacker who is very, very intelligent, but school work just didn't interest him enough to complete any of his assignments and turn them in.  Now he is in high school and on the football team and in honors choir, so he must keep his grades up above a "C" to stay on the team and in the choir.  We are a month into school and so far so good, he's got 4 A's and 3 B's, much different than last year when he was already all D's by this time.  Daughter says all that money she has had to spend on football gear and the choir is a good investment, so far.  Sure hope it holds up.  We're already looking for what sport we might encourage him to try for Spring semester.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Mon, Sep 16 2013 7:33 PM | Locked

MNnancy:

Donna B:
I heard (on weathernet) there were trees down in the Twisp Valley (not far from us) but haven't heard of any other damage yet.

Isn't that Marge's neighborhood?  Is all well there?

Nancy, your close but not her neighborhood.  

She lives near the town of Twisp...but still in the Methow Valley.  Besides, she has even less trees than we do - like none!  The Twisp Valley (with the Twisp River) runs into the Methow River on the opposite side of the Methow Valley from where Marge lives. 

Talking to the folks at SAIL this morning...most of them didn't have any wind to speak of.  They just saw the lightening and heard a little thunder.  

As you know, I live on a curve in the valley and it's just like a wind-tunnel right here.  If it's 20 mph everywhere else, it's 40 mph here...or more...lol!

Winthrop, WA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,402
Points 119,641
Patti replied on Mon, Sep 16 2013 8:22 PM | Locked

CC, if he is snoring, does he have sleep apnea?  I do, and I was tired all the time, because I wasn't getting the right kind of sleep.  Rem sleep. 

Also those meds can be pretty important.  If he is supposed to be taking blood pressure meds, but doesn't, he could be on his way to kidney failure.  Untreated high blood pressure is the second most common cause of kidney failure.   Then one can have strokes with high blood pressure too. 

So, it may not be his heart.  In any case, I hope he can get a good check-up and find out where his energy went, and how to get it back. 

Praying for you both.

Anyone with a teenager needs prayers.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Page 76 of 244 (3651 items) « First ... < Previous 74 75 76 77 78 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use