Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #9

Page 75 of 244 (3651 items) « First ... < Previous 73 74 75 76 77 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,650 Replies | 68 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,253
Points 173,013
Marie replied on Mon, Sep 16 2013 9:16 AM | Locked

CC, maybe we should get your teenager and my son's just turned 16.5 and just got her license teenager, and put them together.  Between them, do you think they would get a clue?  At least yours sews, his just texts and begs for the car to drive.  Good thing we love them dearly or else...............!

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,469
Points 50,070
Ginny replied on Mon, Sep 16 2013 9:18 AM | Locked

Wow Susie,  you made me tired just reading about your go, go, go weekend.  Just stay awake at work today, ya hear?   Don't want you jeopardizing your job.  Have a good catch up sleep tonight.     Ginny

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,253
Points 173,013
Marie replied on Mon, Sep 16 2013 9:20 AM | Locked

Nancy, let me know the next time you make your next pesto meal, I'll be coming to dinner, yum!

Congrats to Rebecca on being 4th runner up, what excitement to have a local girl in the Pageant!

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,253
Points 173,013
Marie replied on Mon, Sep 16 2013 9:23 AM | Locked

Susie, I'm exhausted just thinking about all that driving.  Be careful, I'm glad you took a few breaks.

Millbury, MA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,395
Points 119,521
Patti replied on Mon, Sep 16 2013 9:41 AM | Locked

Here is a photo of the storm coming into the tri-cities yesterday.  Tami is not far from this.  Did you get the storm Tami?

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,253
Points 173,013
Marie replied on Mon, Sep 16 2013 9:57 AM | Locked

Oh my!  Stay safe all my friends from this horrible weather pattern in your area.  Prayers certainly going up.  Patti, your picture is haunting!

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,105
Points 109,540
chocake2 replied on Mon, Sep 16 2013 10:28 AM | Locked

oMG Patti, what a stunning picture! I'm glad you and Donna both got by-passed by that beast. Hope those in it's path were spared serious damage.

Susie, you weekend sounds exhausting just reading about it. I can see how you might be tired after living it!

I'm glad to have the day off just to catch up on chores. Things have been really neglected on the ehome front this past few weeks while I've relied on DD to oversee the running of the house while I am at work. She never misses a chance to tell me about my failings as a house keeper/mom/chef... but oddly does little to prove how much better at it she is. I certainly do not expect her to have the skills or maturity to cover for me for more then a few hours a day, but it'd be nice if she put some effort into what I do ask of her. And I could do with out the commentary...  

As for her driving, Marie, i failed to find out when the drivers examiner was going to be here and  I didn't take her to get tested before her permit expired, so she never got her licence. She can do it now, but it means paying an additional $75 to take the test (I pre-paid that when I enrolled her in drivers ed last spring, but it lapsed when she didn't take the test). I told her if she wants it, the money can come out of her own pocket. Actually I'm glad she hasn't done it, as she gives new meaning to the phrase 'distracted driver', and my insurance premiums are already high.

She left her  phone in her pocket on laundry day, so i don't have to put up with endless texting either. Bwhahahha  And I even forbade her to use the new computer. She has to do all of her IM-ing on the old, slo-o-o-ow machine. Oh wait, she's not chatting with her friends. That's doing homework.  It's rough having such mean parents, that make her take responsibility for herself.      *sigh*...Maybe someday she actually will.

Anyway, there's floors waiting to be mopped, carpets that need vaccuuming and laundry waiting to be washed. Better get after it, if I'm to have any hope of getting out my sewing machine this week.... Have a great day ever'body

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Mon, Sep 16 2013 10:59 AM | Locked

Patti:

Donna B:
where there are severe T/Storms hitting right now with high winds, dust and hail - and it's close to where Patti lives.

The storm lost most of it's strength before it got to us as well.

I spoke too soon about it missing us...at least the wind part!  Thankfully we didn't get the dust clouds!  

Around 10:30pm it hit and for about 30 minutes we had 60+ MPH winds...really intense!  I heard (on weathernet) there were trees down in the Twisp Valley (not far from us) but haven't heard of any other damage yet.  We are fine...just the lawn chairs flew around a bit...LOL!  We haven't checked the garden this morning though...hope the corn survived.

Winthrop, WA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,302
Points 414,089
gini replied on Mon, Sep 16 2013 12:56 PM | Locked

patti, that is a super picture.    the storm didn't roll into here until the wee hours and it was mostly a bust. 

gini in north idaho

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,105
Points 109,540
chocake2 replied on Mon, Sep 16 2013 1:44 PM | Locked

The clouds are rolling over the mountains to the west, so I am guessing Gini and Jaci are done with it and have sent it on to me. Hopefully it's lost, rather then gained, strength in it's travels.

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,253
Points 173,013
Marie replied on Mon, Sep 16 2013 2:07 PM | Locked

One less worry CC.  Wait until she does get her license, that's just a whole other story.  I'm glad it's my DS & DDIL dealing with all of it, it truly wasn't bad when my two girls got theirs.  We always had two cars, one was dad's alone and the other got shared but fairly.  I hate to say it but.....  The kids these days.........

Millbury, MA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,583
Points 75,665
Karla replied on Mon, Sep 16 2013 2:09 PM | Locked

I finally got the border on my RR and am ready to mail it.  I've got my mailbox surprise packaged up and that will go to the Post Office at the same time.  I've got a kitchen full of tomatoes and cucumbers, but I'm devoting today to sewing and laundry.  Dental appts tomorrow, so will probably have to stop and do the lawn today as they pick up the clippings tomorrow.

Had to give the dogs a bath yesterday as they decided to roll in the cat c**p deposited in the yard by all of the feral cats.  My gosh, they did reek.  I was injured by Kaci who definitely does not like water, so peeled the skin of my arm about 6 inches long with her dew claw as I was trying to get her in the water.  Had to stop for a few to clean up all of the blood and get bandaged up.  I look like I've been in a fight!

As soon as I change the laundry over, I'm heading into the quilting room to work on Marge's quilt.  I must get it finished!

But alas, there is also football practice and TaeKwonDo this evening, so we'll see how it goes.  Gotta' eat some lunch and head for the quilting room.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,302
Points 414,089
gini replied on Mon, Sep 16 2013 2:38 PM | Locked

karla, my mom got one of those bathtub seats for dad to take his showers.   she uses  it for the sausage's baths now, too.   the sausage doen't mind standing on the stool and having mom pour water on her,  she hates being dunked in a tub.  and i am really sorry, but i cannot remember that dog's name.  mom always has fluffy names for her dogs and they all run together.  we've had a fluffy,  a muffy, a snuffy, this one's name is janie?  but oddly enough nobody calls her janie?  i get a bit confused over the dog name thing.    i  get bad looks when i use the wrong name, somehow no one minds that i refer to her as the sausage, which she greatly resembles. 

my entire family has multiples of dogs.  one uncle has 4 or 6, the number and the dogs themselves vary on who's been eaten by a coon, who is puppy sitting who, they all live on the family compound and the dogs all intermingle, i am never quite sure which dog belongs to which relative. my auntie has two to four, my brother has two to four.  the number depends on whether their kids'  dogs happen to be living with them at any given time ( usually when their kids move back then move back out and  forget to take their dogs with them.  my brother took one of my nephews dogs in to get quills out of his nose and got him neutered at the same time, now my nephew won't have the dog  back. i'm betting that dog rethinks going after a porcupine again).  our daughter has two.  the dog cousins never get into fights, they all get along splendidly.  

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,302
Points 414,089
gini replied on Mon, Sep 16 2013 2:54 PM | Locked

does anyone know how to get hold of gretchen or her mom or the name of their quilt shop?  sam is going through that area tonight and would like to look them up and check out their shop  

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,302
Points 414,089
gini replied on Mon, Sep 16 2013 3:12 PM | Locked

susie, i grab a couple of double lattes when i am on the road.  if i keep sipping on them the caffiiene keeps me awake. 

gini in north idaho

Page 75 of 244 (3651 items) « First ... < Previous 73 74 75 76 77 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use