Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #9

Page 74 of 220 (3298 items) « First ... < Previous 72 73 74 75 76 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,297 Replies | 66 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,372
Points 48,740
Ginny replied on Sun, Sep 15 2013 4:19 PM

CC this makes complete sense to me.  I understand the tooth cutting thing too.  Aden cut his first tooth this past week.  It was traumatic for this little one who never has a care in the world before this, but he is so proud of that tooth, grinning for all it's worth.    Ginny 

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,033
Points 108,610
chocake2 replied on Sun, Sep 15 2013 7:03 PM

Mmmm, Nancy, send some of that pesto my way. I bet it's divine!

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,033
Points 108,610
chocake2 replied on Sun, Sep 15 2013 7:25 PM

I finished canning tomatoes. Now Sprout is happy to play in the box. He's sitting in it, driving, I think. It appears he has road rage the way he's waving his arms and chattering,/giving the raspberry, with his attention everywhere but where he's goin'.....  Cute. I wonder where he learned to drive like that??  ... ...

'Got a short nap before I had to make supper, and feel a sight better.

DD is sulking because I re-assigned chores toda, after weeks of battles about them not getting done, or being poorly done. She and the boys have been pointing fingers at each others saying that it's the other one's fault that the work isn't getting done and in the meantime Mom has been getting stuck with it. So I lowered the boom.  Now She thinks it's terribly un-fair that she has to do chores at all because , get this...she babysits while I am at work.  Uh-huh. A paying job is the same as earning your keep??? Gotta marvel at how the teenage brain works.  

...So, anyone wanna adopt a daughter? She's not house broken but she can sew a straight seam and has lots of experience frogging.

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

• | Post Points: 80
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,162
Points 15,470
Susan replied on Sun, Sep 15 2013 7:56 PM

CC, You make me chuckle with your stories! I love to hear them. So glad  mine are grown, however, they still point fingers,say its not fair he/she gets more, etc. etc. Keep the stories coming!!! Susan

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,659
Points 435,535
Nana replied on Sun, Sep 15 2013 8:48 PM

CC

Oh the joys of a teenager.  She will outgrow it in about 10 yrs....ROFLOL.  

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,426
Points 72,090
Karla replied on Sun, Sep 15 2013 9:29 PM

chocake2:
...So, anyone wanna adopt a daughter? She's not house broken but she can sew a straight seam and has lots of experience frogging.

Do you want to trade for a 14-yr old who's all mouth and attitude?  He does mow the lawn occasionally

• | Post Points: 35
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 762
Points 11,455
weezee56 replied on Sun, Sep 15 2013 9:30 PM

CC, DD1 is 30 and DD2 is 25, they didn't grow out of anything they did as teens.  I'm just glad they are still potty broke. and they can not sew a straight line.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,380
Points 24,110
Roxana replied on Sun, Sep 15 2013 9:45 PM

Karla and CC.... Been there. Done that. Don't want to do it again. ... You have my empathy. ....

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,412
Points 62,115
Bonita replied on Sun, Sep 15 2013 10:08 PM

They don't have to be teenagers to have a smart mouth. I asked the not quite 3 year old what was she doing and was told none of your business. She said she would put me in time out and a monster would get me. I don't know where she came up with the monster thing.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,057
Points 170,727
MNnancy replied on Sun, Sep 15 2013 10:19 PM

I don't normally watch the Miss America contest, but there was a lot of local excitement for contestant Rebecca Yeh, Brainerd High School class of 2011, and she made it all the way to 4th-runner up!  She has always been an amazing young lady - intelligent, athletic, beautiful, and extremely gifted on the violin.  The Brainerd Lakes area is proud!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 50
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,220
Points 41,005
Donna B replied on Sun, Sep 15 2013 11:45 PM

Nancy, congratulations to Rebecca and Brainerd Lakes!

I am sitting on the deck watching the lightening east of us...where there are severe T/Storms hitting right now with high winds, dust and hail - and it's close to where Patti lives.  We seem to be just west of the storm's main path so will probably avoid the worst of it.  We are forecast for heavy rains and lightening, but not the strong winds and hail they are experiencing east of us from the Columbia river toward Spokane and western Idaho.  Jaci may see some of this storm in her area too, but it looks like it will miss Gini.

Hope everyone will be safe tonight...

Winthrop, WA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,659
Points 435,535
Nana replied on Mon, Sep 16 2013 2:43 AM

Nancy

Who actually won?  And congratulations to the Brainerd girl.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,057
Points 170,727
MNnancy replied on Mon, Sep 16 2013 7:01 AM

Miss New York for the second year in a row.  She was of east Indian heritage and danced a Bollywood number for her talent.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,384
Points 119,271
Patti replied on Mon, Sep 16 2013 8:48 AM

Donna B:
where there are severe T/Storms hitting right now with high winds, dust and hail - and it's close to where Patti lives.

The storm lost most of it's strength before it got to us as well.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,479
Points 21,770
Susie replied on Mon, Sep 16 2013 8:53 AM

Ugh...what a weekend!  Friday night I went & saw Menopause, the Musical with some friends.  Talk about 2 hours of non-stop laughter!  I don't think my ribs have recovered yet!

Then it was off to Minnesota for the rest of the weekend.  Let me tell you, leaving Milwaukee at 10 pm doesn't bode well for this chick!  I stopped 3 different times to grab a couple hours of sleep.  A 5 hours drive turned into 10 hours!  Then, grab 2 more hours of sleep at my mom's before I was off to pick up my son so he could have my car for the day & I could quilt a couple crib-size tops.  Back to my mom's for the night.  Sunday morning, step-dad had a major blow up & threated to walk out.  Drama, drama, drama!  Mom finally got him calmed down--I made omelets for breaky & then I was off to get my son. 

We picked his gf up from the airport, went to watch my beloved Vikings lose, dropped her back off at school & hit the road to come home.  It's rather tough to drive when you are a bit on the tired side & the boy (20 yo) in the passenger seat is snoring like a buzz saw.  Funny, but tough to stay awake.  After a couple of pit stops (VERY unusual for us!), we finally made it home at 10:30 last night.  Brought in only what was necessary, and crashed.

Tonight isn't going to be too much of a sewing night--need to get some more sleep.  Sooooo tired today.  I think I need to get some coffee...bbl!

Chicagoland, Illinois

• | Post Points: 50
Page 74 of 220 (3298 items) « First ... < Previous 72 73 74 75 76 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use