Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #9

Page 71 of 244 (3651 items) « First ... < Previous 69 70 71 72 73 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,650 Replies | 68 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Fri, Sep 13 2013 2:54 PM | Locked

CC & Jacy  I'm canning today too!  I'm just starting my third batch of tomato sauce (second batch is almost finished in the canner).  Tomorrow I will start freezing the corn... and all of a sudden we have LOTS of corn.  

I hadn't planned to do dill pickles this years since I still have quite a few jars from last year.  So I just planted my favorite lemon cucumbers for salads and eating sliced.  Wouldn't you know this would be a bumper-crop year for those lemon cuc's (that are usually kind of finicky to grow)!  I have them coming out of my ears - you would think they were zucchini...lol!  I am actually thinking of pickling some to see how they work.  They should be ok...

We also plant shell beans (like for dried beans for soups and baked beans, etc).  Our favorite is the Coco black beans...yummy.  We are also trying a variety called "tiger's eye" this year.  They are a yellow bean with a red swirl through them.  (The color goes away with cooking.)  The beans we dry in the pods, shell them and store the dried beans in jars for the winter.  We make lots of bean soup here in the snow country!

I just wish it wasn't going to be 94 degrees here this afternoon!

Winthrop, WA

• | Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 453
Points 8,640
Jan replied on Fri, Sep 13 2013 3:30 PM | Locked

I have an "unreal" garden.  5 tomato plants, 5 carrots, 2 cucumbers and a pumpkin plant.

Jan

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Fri, Sep 13 2013 3:44 PM | Locked

Jan:

I have an "unreal" garden.  5 tomato plants, 5 carrots, 2 cucumbers and a pumpkin plant.

Jan

Today, I wish I had an "unreal" garden too!  Next winter, not so much...

Winthrop, WA

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,531
Points 51,070
Ginny replied on Fri, Sep 13 2013 3:53 PM | Locked

Good luck with you canning, Donna.  I wish it were going to be 95 here today.  The cold swept thru last night and I don't know if it got above 60.  2 days ago, it was 94.   Ginny

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Fri, Sep 13 2013 4:40 PM | Locked

Ginny:
I wish it were going to be 95 here today.

Really??!!  I am thoroughly enjoying the cool weather that has moved in!  Just hoping we won't get frost until all the veggies are harvested.  Making gazpacho tomorrow!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Fri, Sep 13 2013 4:50 PM | Locked

MNnancy:
 Just hoping we won't get frost until all the veggies are harvested.

Nancy, Me too!  

We had a cold spell earlier (a week ago or so) but now we are back in the heat so it probably will be coming your way.   However, we are forecast for highs back in the 60's next week with lows in the low 40 degree range.  That's getting pretty cold for the tomatoes and peppers!  We will probably be wrapping our garden beds by Monday...but it is really hard to believe it today.

Winthrop, WA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,391
Points 46,980
Angele replied on Fri, Sep 13 2013 9:22 PM | Locked

Speaking of canning, I made come zucchini and corn relish on Wednesday. Now I want to can some corn salsa. Anyone has a good recipe?

tomorrow, DH and I are going to Bemidji for the day. He said he would buy me my fabric...he doesn't know what he's could be in for, but I'll be good. Don't want  to scare him...LOL

Angèle  from NWO

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,398
Points 119,581
Patti replied on Fri, Sep 13 2013 9:45 PM | Locked

I am exhausted.  Just lack of sleep.  DH has worked nearly every day since this spring, and sometimes as much as 12 hours a day.  Then performing, some difficult Bach pieces on top of it.  His anxiety has gone up and up, til his heart started having premature ventricular contractions, which yesterday lasted over 13 hours, and then the panic attacks started.   So, at 2 am last night we were in the local emergency room 4o minutes away.   Got some really good info and he saw his doc today, after I drove him, truck and trailer an hour away to meet his business partner to do an experiment.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,398
Points 119,581
Patti replied on Fri, Sep 13 2013 9:47 PM | Locked

Ha, I fell asleep before I finished.  He's doing OK, and getting some testing to rule out anything more serious.  I think I going to stumble off to be now.  Only 3 hours sleep last night.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,531
Points 51,070
Ginny replied on Fri, Sep 13 2013 9:50 PM | Locked

Patti, take care of yourself too.  Can't have both you and your hubby down at the same time.  Good night .  I am off to bed also.     Ginny

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Fri, Sep 13 2013 10:07 PM | Locked

Well Patti, that was an unsettling night.  I hope they figure out what all was going on to avoid any recurrences.  Both of you take care!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Fri, Sep 13 2013 10:09 PM | Locked

Angele:
tomorrow, DH and I are going to Bemidji for the day.

So close, and yet so far....   That's several hours from me, so probably not in the cards to drive up, say hi, and drive home.  Someday, though, we need to go shopping together!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Sat, Sep 14 2013 7:30 AM | Locked

Patti

I hope all is well with DH.  Have yourself a good nap.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Sat, Sep 14 2013 9:45 AM | Locked

Oh Patti, that's dreadful. Hugs and Prayers for both you and your dh. have a nice quiet weekend at home. If the weather there is nice, why don't you have one of your wine dinners and sleep out? It'd do you both good

Angele, have a great day across the river. Buy beautiful fabric.

I'm heading out the door for another day's adventure at the shop... Last week I was was assigned to poking a pole into a tyrannosaurus butt. (Ain't that a picture!?) We're mounting a skeleton for display and I helped with assembling the pelvis. Now that's done.  'Wonder what they'll have for me today? Maybe we'll be hanging the ribs? One thing's fer sure: It won't be dull... 

Why does the low battery alarm on the smoke detector always go off at 3AM the night before you have to be at your best in the AM? Someone said theres a film crew coming today, so it was suggested that I dress in a presentable fashion and mind my manners. Yeah that's gonna happen...

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,398
Points 119,581
Patti replied on Sat, Sep 14 2013 9:51 AM | Locked

DH feels wonderful this morning.  He got 13 hours sleep, and I slept 11 hours!  I woke up once, and fell right back to sleep. 

I am sewing today!!!!

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Page 71 of 244 (3651 items) « First ... < Previous 69 70 71 72 73 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use