Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #9

Page 70 of 220 (3292 items) « First ... < Previous 68 69 70 71 72 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,291 Replies | 65 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,292
Points 45,710
Angele replied on Thu, Sep 12 2013 9:31 PM

A few weeks ago I participated in the GEDesigns tenth anniversary blog hop, and I won! This is what I got.

Pone of her books  and six fat quarters from her new lines. I'm soooo happy as I never win.

Angèle  from NWO

• | Post Points: 80
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,371
Points 48,735
Ginny replied on Thu, Sep 12 2013 9:38 PM

Wow Angele,  I would be happy also.  That is fantastic looking fabric.   Gets the creative juices going.   Ginny

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,057
Points 170,727
MNnancy replied on Thu, Sep 12 2013 9:47 PM

Angele:
I'm soooo happy as I never win.

I guess you can't say that anymore!  Have fun with your goodies!  I love that big print on black.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,057
Points 170,727
MNnancy replied on Thu, Sep 12 2013 9:49 PM

Joyce:
Today I went to my 1st quilt guild meeting....It was all so interesting....I also joined the guild.  

I'm glad you went, Joyce, and I hope you meet some new quilting buddies to sew with!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 758
Points 11,375
weezee56 replied on Thu, Sep 12 2013 11:23 PM

Angele:
GEDesigns tenth anniversary blog hop, and I won!

You won, great looking fabric.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,110
Points 410,934
gini replied on Fri, Sep 13 2013 2:57 AM

Congrats angele.

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,093
Points 14,135
Dawn replied on Fri, Sep 13 2013 8:44 AM

Yay Angele!!!!!   

I am attempting to make beef broth today.  Shouldn't be too hard, the oven and crock pot will do most of the work.  Then later going to town to babysit those grands.  Get to pick up DGD1 from school too.  Will walk, as it is finally cool here!  We won't even hit 70!  

Cleaning and picking up the house.  Waiting for the FedEx guy to deliver our new cells.  We ordered ours online, as they were .99 and if we got them in the store here locally, they were $99.!!!  Go figure! 

Foot is doing better.  Glad I got it elevated and put ice on it right away.  

Everyone have the most awesome weekend!!

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,033
Points 108,610
chocake2 replied on Fri, Sep 13 2013 9:24 AM

Good morning,

Congrats Angele! Looks like you are gonna have great fun figuring out how to use your prize!

I hear you Jaci. We sure don't bring in much money for what we do, but the job benefits are great. Personally I love those sticky fingered hugs... 

I get to babysit today too, Dawn. The boys have a free friday. One of thier school mates is coming here for the day. Her mom is starting a new job. This young lady is in her teens, but developmentally she's closer to Jr's age. She has anxiety issues and tends toward aggressive behavior when she's agitated.She's easily 6" taller then me. Thankfully she adores my boys and they have ans easy relationship with her, so unless she's over-tired or hungry, she does well here

We got 6 new hens yesterday, to repace the victims of the massacre. These poor birds are from an egg farm and they are a rather rough and tumble lot, used to being over-crowded and fighting for their food. I hope they don't peck our poor girls... They're in for a treat when the chicken whisperer starts pampering them. LOL  He's going to be naming them today. His school buddy will help with that, I'm sure. I've already names 'mine' Goldy Hahn. she's blond and her comb hangs over her eyes like bangs...

The kids are learning about preserving foods in school. It's a good day to start our canning. I think we'll make p ickles. DH will have to run to the food stand and buy us some cucs as I didn't put in a real garden this year. 

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,036
Points 169,793
Marie replied on Fri, Sep 13 2013 9:43 AM

Congrats, Angele, pretty fabrics.

Millbury, MA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,821
Points 85,145
Sukochi replied on Fri, Sep 13 2013 12:32 PM

Karla:
Just getting ready for the drive to Elko for the football game...
Oh, my, I am so envious!! We haven't been back sine we moved away in 1992. I would love to. My gf there said we wouldn't recognize it anymore. Our dusty little town great up!

Sukochi

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,821
Points 85,145
Sukochi replied on Fri, Sep 13 2013 12:38 PM

Y'all do NOT get a flu shot. Tho the serum isn't made of the live flu virus anymore, it has made me extremely sick. A migraine quality headache with the sensitivity to light and sound. Terrible pain in my left arm, where I hot the shot. During the night I have pain consume the whole left side of my body.  What ever is in this serum is not fit for humane consumption!

Sukochi

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,426
Points 72,090
Karla replied on Fri, Sep 13 2013 12:42 PM

Yes, Elko has definitely grown up.  Left Fernley yesterday about 11 am headed for Elko.  Lot's of road construction meant for slow going for a lot of the route, but arrived in Elko about 1/2 hour prior to kickoff, which was at 5 pm.  Immediately as the game started, we had torrential downpours and after the first gust of wind, my large umbrella was shot.  Watched the game (which we lost) soaking wet, but we had a good time with the 10 other Fernley parents that made the drive.  

Finally walked back into my house at 1:30 am, got to bed about 2 am, and the dogs and DH allowed me to sleep until 7 am.  This morning I downloaded the directions for MQ9 and quilted some more on Marge's quilt, after watering and picking in the garden.

I need to run to WalMart and get more canning jars as I am out and still have a lot of pickles and salsa to make, but I am devoting today to sewing, at least that is my hope.  Right now I'm going to go run some more bobbins for the MegaQuilter, and work on the border for the RR.  

I need to get these two projects out of the way, as well as put together my Mailbox Surprise for Birgit-Carol and get it in the mail.  My HST's are in the mailbox so I better stop and pick them up, too.

hey say there is no rest for the wicked, so I'm feeling might wicked today.  Think I better throw something in the crockpot for dinner...as that's the only way it's going to get made.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,110
Points 410,934
gini replied on Fri, Sep 13 2013 12:43 PM

chocake2:
as I didn't put in a real garden this year. 

so what's an unreal garden look like,  does it have teensy tiny little glass veggies. or does it have monster veggies ready to eat unsuspecting trick or treaters

gini in north idaho

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,642
Points 61,860
Jacy replied on Fri, Sep 13 2013 1:39 PM

gini:

chocake2:
as I didn't put in a real garden this year. 

so what's an unreal garden look like,  does it have teensy tiny little glass veggies. or does it have monster veggies ready to eat unsuspecting trick or treaters

Not sure what an unreal garden looks like, but a real one looks like a LOT of work. Here's what's on my plate today......I'll be a lot happier when it's in my freezer rather than on my counter, then I can get back to sewing.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,033
Points 108,610
chocake2 replied on Fri, Sep 13 2013 2:29 PM

Geepers Jaci, that is a LOT of work! But i know you'll be well fed this winter.... 

For me a real garden is a veggie patch. I only put in flowers this year. 

I sent Dh with instructions to buy 5 lbs of cucs and a bunch of dill so the kids could help me make pickles... they came home with the cucs but forgot the dill. So he went back to retrieve tt, and somehow got talked into another 10 lbs of cucumbers while he was there. *sigh* The kids each packed one jar, and then went off to play while I finished the rest... But we aren't pickle poor anymore! 

He also saw fit to buy a lug of tomatoes. Now how am I gonna find the time to can those??? 

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Page 70 of 220 (3292 items) « First ... < Previous 68 69 70 71 72 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use