Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #9

Page 68 of 244 (3651 items) « First ... < Previous 66 67 68 69 70 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,650 Replies | 68 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 1
Points 20
Toni replied on Wed, Sep 11 2013 9:22 AM | Locked

I want to go with you!!!

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,583
Points 24,040
Susie replied on Wed, Sep 11 2013 9:30 AM | Locked

I'm not sure when I can manage it...but it would be fun to travel together, Toni!

Chicagoland, Illinois

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,595
Points 75,910
Karla replied on Wed, Sep 11 2013 9:46 AM | Locked

Yesterday was a bust for sewing, didn't get a thing done.   First, it was yard work, then just as we had gotten that all done (well not all, but all we were going to do), DD2 called.  She had a call from the school and DGS3 was having a severe allergic reaction to something...swollen face and lips, hives, etc.  That called for a trip to Urgent Care, where we found out that he was not only having a severe reaction to something, but also had a raging sinus infection.  Several hours later, we were armed with Benedryl, Prednisone and antibiotics.  Took him home to step dad and then it was back to the school for a 3 pm meeting regarding his ADHD.  Meeting went fine, other than his inappropriate behavior issues, he is doing well in school.  But got home and he had a raging temperature of 104...from the sinus infection.  Poor little guy, his system is so sensitive to every thing.  Sure hope the antibiotics kick in quickly.

Today, I must spend the morning at DD1's house, waiting for a delivery.  Thank goodness she lives only 2 blocks away, but they won't call ahead and let us know when they'll be there.  I think I'll pack up Luella (my FW) and do some sewing at her dining room table.  Then it is TaeKwonDo and football practice.

Tomorrow is a 5 hour drive to Elko for DGS1's football game, 3 hours at the game, and a 5 hour drive back home.  I would skip this game, but had already promised to ride/drive with DD1 who is about 6 months pregnant.  My DH will stay home with the dogs this time as we don't want to keep them caged for such a long time in this hot weather we are having.  

So maybe you won't see/hear from me again until Friday...what a week this has been.

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 356
Points 6,195
nantenn replied on Wed, Sep 11 2013 9:59 AM | Locked

I have been in hospital for a week with UTI. I have never been this sick but am on the mend. I am trying to catch up with mail. Prayers for Mary, i know she is very sick and very scared. Nan

• | Post Points: 50
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,950
Points 33,885
Roxana replied on Wed, Sep 11 2013 10:16 AM | Locked

Prayers for Mary and Nan.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,649
Points 52,690
Ginny replied on Wed, Sep 11 2013 10:56 AM | Locked

Nan, it is good to hear from you, although I wish you had better news other than being in the hospital again.  I am so sorry that all of these medical things are happening to you.  Take care and tune in more.  You have my prayers going out for both you and for Mary.    Ginny

Not Ranked
Posts 11
Points 130
1luv2quilt2 replied on Wed, Sep 11 2013 11:01 AM | Locked

Weezee, the name of the quilt pattern that is a spin off of the log cabin is called "My Favorite Quilt Pattern".  I can't remember for sure where I got it. Maybe Annie's. Here is a site for the lady's name that is on the pattern  www.pleasantvalleycreations.com 

Hope this helps. It is a very easy quilt block to make and you can turn the blocks just like a log cabin to get the different layouts.

Diane

from Tennessee

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,405
Points 21,105
Carolyn (CarolBeau) replied on Wed, Sep 11 2013 2:24 PM | Locked

Karla, sorry to hear about your DGS's allergic reaction..  Do they know what he is allergic to?  That can be very scary if not.  

Raleigh, NC

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,405
Points 21,105
Carolyn (CarolBeau) replied on Wed, Sep 11 2013 2:26 PM | Locked

I'm guessing not, since so many of you are so far away, but is anyone doing the Quilt Carolina shop hop next week?  Christine maybe??  

I've taken Wed/Thurs off of work and will be going on the buses leaving from Brier Creek.  I am looking forward to it.  This will be my first shop hop.  

Raleigh, NC

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,247
Points 19,500
weezee56 replied on Wed, Sep 11 2013 2:27 PM | Locked

Diane, Thank you for the info.

Nan and Mary hope you both get better soon.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,595
Points 75,910
Karla replied on Wed, Sep 11 2013 2:33 PM | Locked

nantenn:

I have been in hospital for a week with UTI. I have never been this sick but am on the mend. I am trying to catch up with mail. Prayers for Mary, i know she is very sick and very scared. Nan

Prayers for you, Nantenn.  It seems like this is a very, very bad year for many of our members.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,595
Points 75,910
Karla replied on Wed, Sep 11 2013 2:36 PM | Locked

Carolyn (CarolBeau):

Karla, sorry to hear about your DGS's allergic reaction..  Do they know what he is allergic to?  That can be very scary if not.  

They believe he is allergic to Ludent (a fluoride vitamin combination that the dentist prescribed).  The hives started after he began taking it, and had gotten progressively worse as it built up in his system.  That is the only thing in his life that had changed and he had only been taking it for a week.  Online research revealed that this is a very rare reaction, but one that has happened to others.  He had every symptom.  The fluoride vitamins have been stopped and the swelling has gone down, the temperature is now gone (thank you antibiotics) and he felt well enough to return to school today.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,649
Points 52,690
Ginny replied on Wed, Sep 11 2013 2:52 PM | Locked

Wow Karla, that had to be very scary and it is good that the cause was identified so quickly.   Glad his temp went away.    Ginny

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Wed, Sep 11 2013 5:34 PM | Locked

Prayers for Mary, Nan and Karla's DDS going up. Now, lets all get healthy and Stay that way, shall we...!?

Spent another happy day at work. 'Learning lots and having fun with my guys. Bossman shared his ring tone for a co-worker with us (Oodalolly-Oodalolly Golly, what a day!) and made us all laugh because she always seems to be singing it. I commented that I was glad that I never call him so I don't warrant  my own ring tone. little did I know! he played what he had selected for me. ...The Adamm's family theme song. (they're creepy and they're spooky, altogether kooky....)   Yeesh. thanks Boss.   But it could be worse I suppose. His wife's is  Witchy Woman.   ...Hmmm i think I'll change mine to They call me Hot Stuff when he's not looking. BWhahahhah 

Ironically I had a nice note from a friend I have not heard from in some time yesterday. He's not much for letter writing, but i try to keep in touch and keep him posted on the antics of his favorite kids and name-sake. he complimented us being so "normal"...  LOL

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,402
Points 119,641
Patti replied on Wed, Sep 11 2013 6:48 PM | Locked

CC, you alway make me laugh.  So good to have you back. 

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Page 68 of 244 (3651 items) « First ... < Previous 66 67 68 69 70 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use