Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #9

Page 65 of 220 (3292 items) « First ... < Previous 63 64 65 66 67 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,291 Replies | 65 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,117
Points 28,385
Wendy replied on Mon, Sep 9 2013 5:12 PM

Karla:
.probably no sewing today.

sewing? whats that?

just when I think I will have a moment to get into that room, Life hits me in the face.

The dryer motor seized  up. Have you ever tried to line dry in the 98% humidity range?

the disposal in the sink sprung a leak and we discovered it after several days of sewage pouring into the cupboard. Needless to say, it took a whole new plumbing job and ripping out the bottom shelf in the cupboard.. The shelf has still got to be rebuilt.

But hey, I might make it to quilting tomorrow night if  I'm not so blasted tired from all the extra work in the kitchen at school.

Dispite all, my spirits are quite high.

I REALY WANT TO QUILT THOUGH.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,107
Points 410,874
gini replied on Mon, Sep 9 2013 5:42 PM

When it rains, it pours.   Good to hear from you, Wendy.

gini in north idaho

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,486
Points 30,250
Diana replied on Mon, Sep 9 2013 6:05 PM

I'm back home everyone, for  awhile  anyway.  500 miles in one day is more than enough.  I got the food stuffs out of the car and the rest can wait until tomorrow.  I'm pooped.

Diana in East TN

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,033
Points 108,610

gini:

I wish someone would fire me so my life would have time to settle down.

Gini, you're fired.

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,033
Points 108,610

Marie:

chocake2:
Bossman told me to come dressed for more stripping today. Hmmm...Just how does one dress for that??

CC, silk robe and stiletto slippers?????  :  )

oh My Gosh! ROFLMAO!  Thank You Marie. I love ya!

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,033
Points 108,610

Marie:
sleeping in someone else's bed not so good.  And that's alone, CC!  Sleeping in my bed last night, also alone, CC,
Ah Gee...where's the fun in that Marie? No one snoring you to sleep with their  timber rattling tones; no sharp toe nails raking your leg; no blanket snatching...   Honestly,Girl, how can you stand it?

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,033
Points 108,610

duplicate post

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,033
Points 108,610

I got to sew today...FINALLY! Better yet, I got to sew AND Paint! Not an easy task with Sprout helping!

Someone really awesome gave me a neat 'fossil" print that just begged to be used as lining in a ruck sack. I made the outer portion of the bag out of sack cloth (what else?) that I coffee dyed to match the fossils then painted 'fossil" dinosaur tracks going across the top flap to echo the theme of the lining.  I made a special pouch pocket for my water bottle and included a strap for my rock hammer, adjustable shoulder straps (think I made them a little too short...) And a couple tiny loops inside for clipping my key ring and mini flashlight to; it's got a nice pouch pocket for my little first aide kit; and another for a cell phone (If I ever get one); plus a big pocket for field notes and a sketch book, and another for my camera. Needless to say, I've been giving this bag a lot of thought and designed it according to my needs.. The kids took one look at it and declared it the most awesome back pack ever. Hmmm...i wonder if they think I am gonna share?? Sadlly, I gave it a soaking to take off my blue pen marks and tossed it in the drier. When I took it out, one of the screws holding the flap clasp on had come out, so I have to get another one before I can use it. Fooey....   That'll teach me to buy cheap components! Once I correct that little issue, I hope to get may years of good use out of today's creation. i'll need to in order to make the sore achy shoulders worthwhile!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,292
Points 45,710
Angele replied on Tue, Sep 10 2013 7:00 AM

Oh CC can we see a picture of your rucksack? It really sounds cool! I've seen a messenger bag that I want to make....AFTER I finish quilting the blue and beige quilt. I like how you added and modified your bag to fit your needs. Like everything else you make, I'm sure it looks great!

Angèle  from NWO

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,057
Points 170,727
MNnancy replied on Tue, Sep 10 2013 7:55 AM

I'll admit - I'm a little nervous.  Today I lead my first quilt guild meeting as the new president.  We're a big group with some opinionated members, and I have to break it to them that we've lost our meeting place and will be moving to a church starting next month.  I'm also switching show & tell to before the snack break so that members might actually have time to take a closer look at the projects brought in.  Ooo, these are big changes, and some people don't like that.  Have you read "Who Moved the Cheese?"  

Wish me luck!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 50
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,379
Points 24,090
Roxana replied on Tue, Sep 10 2013 8:13 AM

Nancy, I have read that book. It's been a while but all the employees where I used to work had to read it and then they threw a lot of changes at us! ... Good luck with your meeting. You'll be a great president.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,426
Points 72,090
Karla replied on Tue, Sep 10 2013 8:29 AM

MNnancy:
Ooo, these are big changes, and some people don't like that.  Have you read "Who Moved the Cheese?"  
 Required reading for managers at USPS back in the day...now most of them (according to my daughter who is a carrier) can't read at all.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,475
Points 21,720
Susie replied on Tue, Sep 10 2013 8:37 AM

I had a manager that wanted his staff to read it, but it never made it all the way around the office.  I think one of the people absconded with it.

Nancy--you will be GREAT as the president!  I think giving people more time to look at the show & tell is a wonderful plan.  I would lead with that, and make the location change after everyone has expressed excitement over the additional review time.

I did some more sewing last night.  Dang, I am feeling really productive...I'm just hoping that the quarters don't run out before I get caught up!  Got my fabrics all cut for the blue & white swap, and got a really good start on the stitching.  I also got my plan in place for the first RR border.  Need to get my tookus in gear, though...gonna take me a bit to get it done properly.

Have to say, though, that I am disliking our current weather.  In the mornings it feels like a nasty storm is coming on, and by the time I leave work, I am melting into a puddle by the time I walk 100 yards to my car.  Ugh...please, let winter (or real fall) get here soon!  I am soooo not a hot weather person...

Chicagoland, Illinois

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,379
Points 24,090
Roxana replied on Tue, Sep 10 2013 8:47 AM

Susie, the powers that be where I worked bought copies for all the staff.... then we talked about it at weekly staff meetings. No getting around that one...

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,371
Points 48,735
Ginny replied on Tue, Sep 10 2013 10:28 AM

Hush your mouth, Susie!  How dare you wish summer away.  It's my favorite time--less arthritis pain and more ability to sew.     Ginny

Page 65 of 220 (3292 items) « First ... < Previous 63 64 65 66 67 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use