Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #9

Page 63 of 244 (3651 items) « First ... < Previous 61 62 63 64 65 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,650 Replies | 68 Followers

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 789
Points 20,020
Carol replied on Sun, Sep 8 2013 8:44 PM | Locked

For about an hour I've been trying to get some photos posted in my gallery - they sure don't make it easy, do they?  It keep giving me the error message, decided to ignore it and go ahead, the photos went in anyway, but some also made some blank entries, so had to delete those.  And when I got back to look at the gallery, the pictures are all in funny order!  I thought they would go in the order I  posted, shows what thinking will do!  What I wanted to do was show the views all around the old Quilting Cabin that we have been enjoying for the last two years, then show you the new space we now have, the Quiltling Annex, which is twice the space and even has a kitchen area (really handy  husband who builds, you know!)  Anyway, the photo labeled First Work Day in the new area, and the one of our Easy Street quilts done.  I have been neglecting to add pictures to the gallery and the blog, too - want to do them of all my quilts, and that is a big undertaking that we haven't tackled yet!  This year's Fair went well,  got blue on all my quilts, Grand Champion and Reseve Champion, and then Best of Show on my hand pieced, hand quilted one.  Kinda nice to be recognized for all that work, but I'd do it anyway, I love it so!  Here are the Easy Streets (both got blue ribbons) And the Best of Show Hand done one.

• | Post Points: 65
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,723
Points 66,475
Bonita replied on Sun, Sep 8 2013 9:13 PM | Locked

Well done on winning all the ribbons Carol. You sure earned them. Just changing up the colors makes them look so different.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,388
Points 46,845
Angele replied on Sun, Sep 8 2013 9:59 PM | Locked

CC we have another one "across the river" meaning in the states not in Canada. Sadly, I heard that they might be closing too as her DH is very ill. Then the closest ones will be 2hours away... It's sad because I do love to see the fabric with my eyes before I buy it.   I guess this means more road trips for me...hehehe.

As fro canning, I have to agree with you C&C, I know I need to do it but am short on hours! Hey maybe Karla would love to travel and come and can at your house, then mine. I have about 70 cobs th clean and do something with. Thinking of doing relish. We ate and gave away about a hundred. So plans are for corn relish tomorrow night. My tomatoes are ripening slowly. I'm getting lots of Roma tomatoes...and yellow peppers coming out of my ears! So those will be used in stewed tomatoes. 

I still have to find time to sew somewhere!  

Angèle  from NWO

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,388
Points 46,845
Angele replied on Sun, Sep 8 2013 10:04 PM | Locked

Thanks Patti and Donna for the update on Marge. 

Welcome home Marge! Prayers still going up for you in the hopes all goes well.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,388
Points 46,845
Angele replied on Sun, Sep 8 2013 10:12 PM | Locked

Carolyn (CarolBeau):

Someone asked for an update on Kristin.  Latest I've heard is that the most recent attempt to get her neurostimulator working failed.  I think that means that she is just living with her tremors and parkinsons symptoms for now.  She signed up for a quilting class at her LQS, so hopefully that will be easy enough for her to do and take her mind off of some of what she is going through right now.  

CC, I'm so glad to see you back.  I always enjoy your posts.  I am just picturing this 5th child of yours that you didn't know about, lol.  

So sorry Kristin that the least attempt didn't work. I will keep you in my prayers. I hope the sewing class you are taking will provide some good times for you. Please show us what you do in your class.

Angèle  from NWO

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,397
Points 415,529
gini replied on Sun, Sep 8 2013 10:15 PM | Locked

Carol, congrats, you quilts are beautiful

gini in north idaho

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,388
Points 46,845
Angele replied on Sun, Sep 8 2013 10:19 PM | Locked

Congratulations Carol on winning the ribbons. They were well deserved. What beautiful quilts.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,070
Points 16,385
weezee56 replied on Mon, Sep 9 2013 12:41 AM | Locked

Carol Congratulations on winning the ribbons. Great job.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,507
Points 30,670
Diana replied on Mon, Sep 9 2013 6:04 AM | Locked

Nana,  I just might stop and give you the check for Branson.  I will call first so I don't disturb you.  I can also get your thoughts on the fabric I bought in New York for MQ9.  See you later.

Diana in East TN

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,480
Points 24,685
Debbie replied on Mon, Sep 9 2013 6:49 AM | Locked

Carol, beautiful quilts and congrats on winning blue ribbons.  I got one white one so far, but it was my only entry to the State Fair. didn't get mine done in time this year to enter, fair starts Thur.  and we're suppose to get rain - it ALWAYS rains first day of the state fair!  so if we haven't had rain we know we'll get it second week in Sep.

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,128
Points 14,575
Dawn replied on Mon, Sep 9 2013 7:18 AM | Locked

Congrats Carol on the ribbons!  You did an awesome job on them!!!

My foot is an ugly green. I just wonder if that is all of the colors or will it do some pretty colors that nasty bruises do.  At least it doesn't hurt.  There are times of a little stabbing pains, but thankfully those aren't often.  Off to work soon, then groceries and then quilting!

Everyone have the most wonderful Monday!

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,108
Points 109,585
chocake2 replied on Mon, Sep 9 2013 9:02 AM | Locked

Way to go Carol! You do stunning work. I'm glad you got the recognition you deserve.

Today i hope to sew. i have my ruck-sac cut and ready to go...now all I need is sprout's co-operation. 

I am delighted to report that Bossman1 fired me yesterday. It's been months since he's done that, and, boy did it feel good! It's good to know he wants me around LOL (Firings in my workplace are a form of praise/term of endearment). He informed me that we have two more monster jobs to do when this one is done, so it looks like I have job security for a while. I may not get paid, but at least I am wanted and entertained. 

Have a super day, Everybody. 

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

• | Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,398
Points 119,581
Patti replied on Mon, Sep 9 2013 9:09 AM | Locked

Carol, those are beautiful!  Looks like a lot of intricate work.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,333
Points 20,025
Carolyn (CarolBeau) replied on Mon, Sep 9 2013 9:12 AM | Locked

Congrats on the ribbons, Carol.  Beautiful quilts!

Raleigh, NC

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,517
Points 50,880
Ginny replied on Mon, Sep 9 2013 9:24 AM | Locked

Way to go CC.   Glad to hear you got fired.   Hope it really fires you up to do greater things yet.   Ginny

Page 63 of 244 (3651 items) « First ... < Previous 61 62 63 64 65 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use