Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #9

Page 62 of 244 (3651 items) « First ... < Previous 60 61 62 63 64 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,650 Replies | 68 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,344
Points 414,814
gini replied on Sun, Sep 8 2013 10:43 AM | Locked

Karla:
when my youngest (13 months) grandson is here for the day, all other plans go completely out of the window and I am mighty exhausted from chasing him around when the day is over.  He is especially fond of electrical outlets, pulling all of the plugs out of the wall, and working fans.  He's now not too happy to spend a lot of time on grandma or grandpa's lap, and especially not in his playpen.  He terrorizes the dogs (thank goodness they are so good with children and merely get up, walk away, and try to hide from him).  My house is not baby proof,

i must be the meanest gramma ever.   i have all kinds of "no-no's" around my house and the kids only touch them once.  i don't put things up,  (except poison's)  they learn how to stay out of my stuff quickly.   we do the BIG NO, and it works.    one time i  shouted the BIG NO in front of one of sam's buddies.    he got a startled look on his face and told me there was no way he would be going near our fireplace if that was my attitude.   any kid that comes into my home gets this lesson, no matter their age.

sam has spent the week golfing with his albertan buddies.   they invited him a couple of years ago to join their group., and they all golf and tell stories for the week.  they stay right behind us, and he's up til the wee hours with them.     they let him cook the steaks this year and he won the marble rolling pin trophy for his efforts.   he is off to seattle for three days, then driving to branson by way of california, back to seattle then home for a few days , then off to sun valley  ( fishing with his buds)  then boise, flies to las vegas, back to boise and drives to seattle and home again. it's a ten hour drive from here to boise.   he's getting a lot of sitting time this next month,    i think i am gone when he is home so after tuesday we won't see each other for a month or more.  his working for a living has cut into our play time. 

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 95
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Sun, Sep 8 2013 11:07 AM | Locked

gini:
his working for a living has cut into our play time. 

No Kidding!!!  

What is the saying...you gotta make hay while the sun shines?

Winthrop, WA

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,583
Points 75,695
Karla replied on Sun, Sep 8 2013 11:46 AM | Locked

gini:
i must be the meanest gramma ever.

I cannot imagine you being a mean gramma.  I have not put everything out of his reach, just a few things that are very precious to me, but when you give Logan the "Big No", he just looks at you and smiles, then the hand slowly goes back after whatever it was he was after to begin with.  His 2 brothers have made him so ornery that I cringe to think of what he's going to be doing next.  He is a real sweetheart though and does cry when gramma reprimands him for something, but that doesn't stop him from trying it again.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,106
Points 109,560
chocake2 replied on Sun, Sep 8 2013 2:47 PM | Locked

gini:
we do the BIG NO, and it works.
 I think it was Bill Cosby who did a skit about how when he was a kid he thought that his name was 'Jesus Christ" and his brother was "God Dammit". DH says Sprout's gonna grow up thinking his name is "No!"

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,717
Points 436,750
Nana replied on Sun, Sep 8 2013 3:04 PM | Locked

Wow Gini.   It sounds like Sam needs a vacation.   Maybe he should have come to retreat with us and leave his phone at home.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,797
MNnancy replied on Sun, Sep 8 2013 3:50 PM | Locked

gini:
any kid that comes into my home gets this lesson, no matter their age

Phew, Randy and I didn't hear the BIG NO once when we visited last fall, so we must have been on our best behavior!  LOL

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,797
MNnancy replied on Sun, Sep 8 2013 3:54 PM | Locked

gini:
so after tuesday we won't see each other for a month or more.  his working for a living has cut into our play time

I noticed you said "our" play time.  Sounds like he's getting plenty of his own play time in there.  We'll have to make sure you get plenty of play time in Oregon!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Not Ranked
Posts 11
Points 130
1luv2quilt2 replied on Sun, Sep 8 2013 4:11 PM | Locked

Beautiful quilts. Thanks for sending the pics. I would love to come north and visit some quilt shops like these. We just don't have much to choose from down this way. We have one quilt shop that is not to far away but to get to others, we have to make long drives. Sorry you have not been sick. Hope you get to feeling a lot better soon.

I have been working on a queen size quilt for a customer to give his wife for her birthday. Waiting on a  new sewing machine to finish it up. In the mean time, I have been making some blocks that are a spin off of the log cabin but easier to make. Fall colors are my favorite and that is what I am using. It will probably be a much smaller quilt and will either be for me or to give as a gift. I hardly ever keep anything I make. 

Thanks again for the pics. Enjoyed seeing them.

Diane

from Tennessee

• | Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,024
Points 15,645
weezee56 replied on Sun, Sep 8 2013 4:21 PM | Locked

1luv2quilt2:
have been making some blocks that are a spin off of the log cabin but easier to make.

What is the difference? I'm always looking for an easier way to make the log cabin. Who has the pattern for it? Thank you.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,497
Points 30,470
Diana replied on Sun, Sep 8 2013 5:51 PM | Locked

Hi gang.  I'm in a hotel in Pa heading back home again.  I've been in upstate NY visiting my family.  Now to get home and get ready for the Oregon retreat.  I'm glad I'm retired so I can get this stuff done.

Diana in East TN

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,717
Points 436,750
Nana replied on Sun, Sep 8 2013 6:35 PM | Locked

Diana

I was wondering if you had made it home yet.   If you need a break when you get in my neighborhood just stop by.   I am trying to get ready for Oregon too.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,423
Points 40,365
Mimi replied on Sun, Sep 8 2013 7:07 PM | Locked

Diana:
I'm glad I'm retired so I can get this stuff done.

Diana, Why didn't you let me know.  You could have stayed with me.  We've got so much room.  And some day I'll be retired and be able to go to all these fantastic retreats.  Just so jealous of both you and Nana.  : p

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,650
Points 135,977
Leslie replied on Sun, Sep 8 2013 7:58 PM | Locked

Nancy,wonderful pic of you and the little cutie

[Ava, Missouri

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,797
MNnancy replied on Sun, Sep 8 2013 8:17 PM | Locked

Diana:
Hi gang.  I'm in a hotel in Pa heading back home again.

Diana, I'm glad you posted because I was getting confused.  Now we have a Diane from Tennessee in addition to Diana from East TN, but I didn't think that looked like you holding the fish.  Didn't you used to have an avatar picture?  See you in Oregon!

Diane, what kind of fish do you have there?

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 589
Points 10,200
zoetc49 replied on Sun, Sep 8 2013 8:32 PM | Locked

Last night I discovered that my dogs were covered in fleas !! I had not realize I had a issue. So this morning I took everything that the dogs had contact with and washed it- this was an all day project. Then I vacuumed all the floors, then sprayed them down with flea spray, then bought some stuff for the yard and watered that down, then I washed the dogs. Then I had the chore of putting everything back up.  I was planning to quilt today. Back to that tomorrow. 

The fun is that in 2-3 weeks, I have to do this all over again. ~ Yuk !!

Oh, just FYI, I had a vet tell me to put a flea collar into the vacuum bag so that any fleas you pulled up and eggs, this would kill them.   

Page 62 of 244 (3651 items) « First ... < Previous 60 61 62 63 64 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use