Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #9

Page 61 of 244 (3651 items) « First ... < Previous 59 60 61 62 63 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,650 Replies | 68 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,545
Points 417,024
gini replied on Sat, Sep 7 2013 5:01 PM | Locked

yes he does, and a bit mad 'cause you're not producing the goods.   he is a real cutie, nancy. 

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,665
Nana replied on Sat, Sep 7 2013 5:07 PM | Locked

Nancy

He is a real cutie.  Don't think you have what he is wanting though....LOL

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,246
Points 19,420
weezee56 replied on Sat, Sep 7 2013 5:27 PM | Locked

Nancy, He is such a sweet looking boy.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,854
Points 85,875
Sukochi replied on Sat, Sep 7 2013 6:23 PM | Locked

Thea is good. She is off on a retreat for a week, I think. She was going today with two other ladies. I spoke with her on FB today. Her mom was really sweet to her this a.m. I am sure Thea will tell all about it when she gets back. Barbara commented on FB that she was doing OK. Just a very brief note. Hope she is doing well. Don't know about Kristin. Guess that would come from Jacy or Carol? 

Have a funny story. Was listening to the police radio yesterday. A call came in and the dispatcher sent a deputy to a "hog in the road". The deputy radios that he is there but "there has been some confusion. there is no swine, there is a H  A  W  K A hawk. Then it is quiet. The deputy says I'm 10-8, Gilmer. That bird was just funnin' us. When he flew off, he about scare't me to death." Say that with your best southern accent. Then you will figure out how a HAWK became a HOG.

Sukochi

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,902
Points 69,325
Bonita replied on Sat, Sep 7 2013 6:42 PM | Locked

Nancy, what a sweetie. He's sure got his eye on you.

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 695
Points 11,940
zoetc49 replied on Sat, Sep 7 2013 8:32 PM | Locked

CC,

What type of work do you do? Can you work some place else?  Sounds like this "degree" woman is an idiot !!  I am sorry that you have to deal with her. 

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Sat, Sep 7 2013 9:34 PM | Locked

Jacy:
mother of 5
Wait. What? 5? Are you sure? where'd that other one come from? ...Did you leave me one of yours when I wasn't looking????

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Sat, Sep 7 2013 9:39 PM | Locked

zoetc49:
Can you work some place else?  Sounds like this "degree" woman is an idiot !!
Oh goodness, No, Zoe. I wouldn't want to work anywhere else. I love my boss guys and the job is fun and interesting. As far as Ms. Degree goes, she'll be like so many others before her...she'll move on. For now she's a pain in the patoot, but Winter always gives way to spring eventually. I'll just  have to outlast her...

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Sat, Sep 7 2013 9:44 PM | Locked

Nancy that's a sweet one for sure! It must be heartbreaking for his daddy to not get to hold him! Better not blink. He'll be climbin curtains right along with Sprout (who, incidentally is on my lap putting up a fuss because i took down your picture!)

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 63,440
Jacy replied on Sat, Sep 7 2013 9:53 PM | Locked

chocake2:
Wait. What? 5? Are you sure? where'd that other one come from?

I guess you looked so youthful I must have counted you in with the kids!

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Sun, Sep 8 2013 8:55 AM | Locked

Yeah! that's it Jacy. Nice save. :D

Still getting that west coast rain here. I'm surprised that there's any left to get this far the way you are describing the weather there, Patti and Donna. There's certainly plenty of 'damp' to soak into old bones and make them complain. Hubby looks like a neanderthal shuffling around here half bent over. Poor guy.

It's a good day to stay home and work on a sewing project or two, but once again I go forth to put beans on the table. Yesterday I stripped flashings off  of casts. Bossman told me to come dressed for more stripping today. Hmmm...Just how does one dress for that??

I forgot to tell you all that DH found me a great 'new' metal desk for my bead work this summer. I haven't had time to get it set up with my torch yet, but I am excited to have a better place to work. I've been using an old shop bench the previous owner left here, but it's less then ideal. What a blessing that Dh took notice and found a way  to correct the problem.

The kids had me design a ruck sack pattern for them when they made their school bags. I like it so much that I am now thinking that I will make a few minor modifications and make myself one. ...or two. LOL And I promised DH that I'd make a knitting tote for one of his co-worker's mom's who is recovering from surgery and trying to keep her hands busy while she heals.  So, I have plenty to do, if I can just find the time and get ahead of Sprout! 

• | Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,595
Points 75,910
Karla replied on Sun, Sep 8 2013 9:12 AM | Locked

I know it's a necessity CC, but I don't how you can get anything done with Sprout and the other kids...when my youngest (13 months) grandson is here for the day, all other plans go completely out of the window and I am mighty exhausted from chasing him around when the day is over.  He is especially fond of electrical outlets, pulling all of the plugs out of the wall, and working fans.  He's now not too happy to spend a lot of time on grandma or grandpa's lap, and especially not in his playpen.  He terrorizes the dogs (thank goodness they are so good with children and merely get up, walk away, and try to hide from him).  My house is not baby proof, but has outlet covers, except for those outlets that have things plugged into them are all covered, the cabinets still have the baby latches on them from the other grandchildren, and my precious belongings are up out of his reach, but he still manages to find things that were not meant for his sweet little mouth.  

After breakfast with the neighbors this morning, it's going to be a sewing day.  I planned on that yesterday but ended up baby shopping with DD1 who's due in December.  Since her son is almost 15 now, needless to say she doesn't have any baby items left in the house.  I bought her a car seat (boy are they expensive nowadays) and a bunch of cute little girl outfits for my first granddaughter.  The baby shower isn't until October 26th, but I happened to have an extra few bucks now that I'm sure I won't have after the Oregon Retreat in October.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,402
Points 119,641
Patti replied on Sun, Sep 8 2013 9:36 AM | Locked

CC, sunny day coming your way!

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,405
Points 21,105
Carolyn (CarolBeau) replied on Sun, Sep 8 2013 10:20 AM | Locked

Someone asked for an update on Kristin.  Latest I've heard is that the most recent attempt to get her neurostimulator working failed.  I think that means that she is just living with her tremors and parkinsons symptoms for now.  She signed up for a quilting class at her LQS, so hopefully that will be easy enough for her to do and take her mind off of some of what she is going through right now.  

CC, I'm so glad to see you back.  I always enjoy your posts.  I am just picturing this 5th child of yours that you didn't know about, lol.  

Raleigh, NC

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,545
Points 417,024
gini replied on Sun, Sep 8 2013 10:29 AM | Locked

Patti:

CC, sunny day coming your way!

but not until our rain today gets you. 

gini in north idaho

Page 61 of 244 (3651 items) « First ... < Previous 59 60 61 62 63 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use