Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #9

Page 60 of 244 (3651 items) « First ... < Previous 58 59 60 61 62 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,650 Replies | 68 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,494
Points 48,185
Angele replied on Sat, Sep 7 2013 7:56 AM | Locked

So today is laundry/house cleaning day as our power is out tomorrow for 8 hours.  I guess Hydro one only works on Sundays as to not disturb businesses...I'm really hoping to add some quilting/sewing in this otherwise, I'm soooo done! This work thing....really cutting in my sewing time. On the other hand, no work=no money for quilting.

our LQS is closing. I guess her building is getting too hard to maintain. Needless to say that I spent most of my money there in the last two weeks...and I need to go again Tuesday as I forgot something! 

Have a great weekend everyone and may you have sunshine in your lives!

Angèle  from NWO

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,468
Points 41,125
Mimi replied on Sat, Sep 7 2013 8:53 AM | Locked

Angele:
I'm soooo done! This work thing....really cutting in my sewing time.

I'm right there with you Angele!! I want so badly to just stay home, care for myself, my DH and our home, visit DGD's more and SEW.  Dang those bills anyway!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Sat, Sep 7 2013 9:12 AM | Locked

Oh Angele, I'm so sorry you are loosing your LQS. Do you have another nearby?

I haven't seen any posts up about Barbara and Marge. How are they getting along? 'Still in my prayers.

Karla , you didn't need to remind me that I haven't started on the canning yet this year. Really, I know I need to get it done!!

Patti and Donna, thanks for the rain. It was nice of you to send it on over the mountain. I agree, we could have done without the light-show that came with it, but beggers can't be choosers.

The cooler temps today would be perfect for canning, but I'm heading out the door in a few minutes to spend the day playing at the shop instead.' Don't know yet whether I am greeting wayward travelers or playing with old bones, but my day will certainly be interesting either way.

I'm not looking forward to having a sit-down with the new Assist. director. She only paid me for 5 hours on the last pay period. I have no idea how she came up with that number but I can assure you that I was there a whole lot more then 5 hours last month! This isn't the first time she's shorted me on pay. At the start of the season she paid me half what she should because she thought I was a volunteer, And she's miscalculated my time a couple of times since (interesting that she only shorts me, but never over estimates). How she does that when the computer does all the math for her is a mystery to me. This same bubblebrain never misses a chance to remind me that I am just a housewife with no education while she has a degree. As near as I can tell, that piece of paper didn't put any brains in her head, but she sure seems to think that it did! Ironically her field of study is only slightly related to the work we do and I have more experience then she does... but she has a degree! (and it ain't in accounting!)

Well, now that that bit of frustration is off my chest, I'd better get out the door and face this chore.

Have a super duper day!  

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

• | Post Points: 80
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,592
Points 75,980
Karla replied on Sat, Sep 7 2013 9:22 AM | Locked

Isn't it amazing that some people feel "book learnin" is better than practical experience and common sense?  If you paid your obligations as she pays hers, this would certainly be a "sadder" world than it is now, wouldn't it?

As for canning (such a hot miserable job after the joys of getting the first batch done), I only have a small garden, but the tomatoes and cucumbers have been prolific, more than I could even give away this year, so canning it is.

I think today is going to be a quilting day (at least a fabric cutting day).  I'm waiting for some thread to arrive in the mail so I can finish Marge's quilt, I've got to decide on my border for the RR, and finish cutting the pieces for MQ9.

Have a great day everyone.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,615
Points 178,613
Marie replied on Sat, Sep 7 2013 9:30 AM | Locked

chocake2:
but she has a degree

Educated idiot!  My bad!  Felt good though!  :  )

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,151
Points 14,955
Dawn replied on Sat, Sep 7 2013 9:35 AM | Locked

Well, was out helping DH w/putting up our deck, but then a board fell on my foot, shouldn't have been wearing tennis shoes,.  WOW!!!!!!!!  Will have an interesting looking foot for quite awhile.  OUCH!!!  Got it elevated and ice on it.  Thankfully I now don't remember my headache.  :-/

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,401
Points 119,611
Patti replied on Sat, Sep 7 2013 9:51 AM | Locked

CC, there is a lot more rain coming your way.  I think fire season is finally over.  Our neighbor's tree did get struck by lightning and ignited night before last, but the rain kept it from going far.  And it's raining, raining, raining.

I have one more penstemon variety to collect seeds from.  Will be mailing those in another week or two.  I think there is about 5 or 6 varieties?  I've lost count.  Will list them later.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,615
Points 178,613
Marie replied on Sat, Sep 7 2013 10:05 AM | Locked

Has anyone had news of Kristen, Thea, Barbara and Marge?  Praying all is well with them.  Please God!

Millbury, MA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,401
Points 119,611
Patti replied on Sat, Sep 7 2013 10:07 AM | Locked

Here is Marge's face book posting:

Thanks all for the birthday wishes. If all goes well, I will be going home tomorrow, the 7th. Eight weeks and 6 days is a heck of a long time to be in hospitals/Rehab.
The Method Valley is going to look really good.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,615
Points 178,613
Marie replied on Sat, Sep 7 2013 10:22 AM | Locked

Thanks Patti for the update on Marge!  Thank you God.

Millbury, MA

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Sat, Sep 7 2013 11:23 AM | Locked

Patti:

Here is Marge's face book posting:

Thanks all for the birthday wishes. If all goes well, I will be going home tomorrow, the 7th. Eight weeks and 6 days is a heck of a long time to be in hospitals/Rehab.
The Method Valley is going to look really good.

Patti, thanks for posting this!  I was a bit behind this week after getting back Tues from Oregon, spending Wed at the County Fair (judging quilts no less...lol), and canning Thurs & Friday .

I saw Marge on Tues 9/3 (her Birthday) and she was counting the hours to her "release".  She had passed the test for getting into/out-of their car so had permission for Lee to take her out to dinner that night.  Believe me, she was very excited to be having a "non-institutional" dinner!  She was ticking off the check list of things she needs to accomplish before she can be released today...for example;  keeping track of her med's on her own (no problem for Marge); walking with the walker outside her room without a "spotter" (she's be wanting to do this for several weeks), etc..

Lee has been busy getting all the medical supplies and paraphernalia ready for their home.  He was right on target, so I am sure she is getting ready for the trip right now and will be on her way north to the Methow Valley this morning.  I expect she will be pretty tired after the trip today, so don't expect her to be posting this evening...lol.  But I am sure it will be soon!!!

WELCOME HOME MARGE!!!

Winthrop, WA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,511
Points 417,549
gini replied on Sat, Sep 7 2013 11:43 AM | Locked

CC,  you should tell her she really needs another  degree in adding, like a degree in passing third grade..

gini in north idaho

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,592
Points 75,980
Karla replied on Sat, Sep 7 2013 12:23 PM | Locked

Yes, welcome home Marge...follow the doctor's orders since we're all looking forward to seeing you at the Oregon Retreat.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 63,480
Jacy replied on Sat, Sep 7 2013 12:24 PM | Locked

chocake2:
This same bubblebrain never misses a chance to remind me that I am just a housewife with no education while she has a degree. As near as I can tell, that piece of paper didn't put any brains in her head, but she sure seems to think that it did!

Ah yes, her head is full of KNOWLEDGE, but as a housewife AND mother of 5 you are full of WISDOM, she's doesn't realize that wisdom is much more valuable and useful.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Sat, Sep 7 2013 4:35 PM | Locked

Had a chance to visit with younger brother and family while they were camping on a lake near us.  I finally got to meet his grandchild, my great nephew, Adam.  His daddy, my nephew Wayne, has been deployed with the Marines in Afghanistan since two days before Adam's birth which was three months ago.  I can't imagine not getting to meet your own child for a year.  Anyway, this is as close to having a grandbaby as I'll ever get, so it was a very enjoyable afternoon.  Of course he has a quilt from me already!

(Hmmm, does he look hungry?  LOL)

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 50
Page 60 of 244 (3651 items) « First ... < Previous 58 59 60 61 62 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use