Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #9

Page 59 of 244 (3651 items) « First ... < Previous 57 58 59 60 61 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,650 Replies | 68 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Thu, Sep 5 2013 11:10 AM | Locked

I managed to get an appointment for Jr to get his cast on this afternoon with my regular doctor. It'll be nearly 48 hours since the initial injury so swelling should be down. The poor kid has blisters forming where the splint rubs.  I'm less then impressed withthe way the hospital/orthopedic clinic have handled it.

DS1 got to go to town with me yesterday. We had a ball. It's not often we get to just hang out together. We stopped at the thrift store and he scores a brand new hardback edition of a book he's wanted for.50. the kid is on cloud nine! I came up with another formal gown for dd's growing collection.It needs some repairs to the beading but for $8, it's worth it. There's a big high school in the city that advertises "Cinderella's closet" every spring, where girls can donate used formals for the less fortunate classmates to barrow. We don't have anything like that here, but DD is fast becoming the go-to gal for such things. Ever since her first Prom, when we had to scrounge to get her a dress, i've been picking them up at thrift stores and garage sales, so she has plenty for her friends to choose from. This one is very high-end. After I replace the damaged beading, it may even go to the consignment shop to turn a small profit...

Dh didn't get the promotion. We weren't suprised, nor are we upset. As he says, we're no worse off because he didn't. of course I think the board is comprisedof idjits that can't see what a gem I have...

Hope everyone enjoys a pain-free happy day

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

• | Post Points: 65
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,587
Points 75,865
Karla replied on Thu, Sep 5 2013 11:17 AM | Locked

Great job on the formals, CC, and getting an appointment for Jr.'s broken arm.  I'm sure he will feel much better about it when it is casted properly.

Sorry to hear DH didn't get the promotion, but both seem to have a good outlook on it.

I've been quilting on Marge's quilt and I'm a little disappointed at my quilting, but I shall persevere and get it done.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 265
Points 4,945
Lesley replied on Thu, Sep 5 2013 4:44 PM | Locked

CC busy day when do you find time for you? Glad Jr arm is now in a pot ( sorry that's Yorkshire for cast!). You weren't convinced yesterday that DH would get the job were you? Like you say some people on high places have no idea!

still sticking to the diet,not sure how much I have lost will check in the morning, all I can tell you is that my kidneys work well as I spend a lot if time in the bathroom lol.

managed to get a little cuddle quilt together tonight at quilting class. We are also having a day making Linus quilts for children in hospices and hospitals later this month so that will be fun.

well bedtime for me now as I am up again at6.15am and its now 10.40 pm.

big hugs xxxxx

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,722
Points 38,405
ls2116 replied on Thu, Sep 5 2013 5:26 PM | Locked

I've been packing today.  I'm so excited to be on  my trip to minn. but i told DH I couldn't leave until I joined the mystery!  Oh I didn't check could I be lucky and its already up?

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,398
Points 175,538
Marie replied on Fri, Sep 6 2013 10:34 AM | Locked

Sorry for your loss Jen.  Prayers going up.  (((((HUGS)))))

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,398
Points 175,538
Marie replied on Fri, Sep 6 2013 10:37 AM | Locked

I'm dog sitting my DD's Teddy for the weekend at her house so no quilting for me.  I did bring some knitting and my hexie kit to work on.

Millbury, MA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,398
Points 119,581
Patti replied on Fri, Sep 6 2013 11:04 AM | Locked

It's garbage day.  The growler can, (bear proof garbage can) is full so I can't put it off any longer.   Got to bag all the garbage and put it in back of the truck and take it to the dump. 

Then a little sewing and a lot of cleaning.  And my sister is coming to visit. 

Maybe I should get a little nap in too.  Did not sleep much last night.  The light show lasted most of the night.  Almost constant lightning.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,398
Points 175,538
Marie replied on Fri, Sep 6 2013 11:16 AM | Locked

CC, sorry hubby didn't get the promotion, there will be others I'm sure and when they realize the mistake they made he'll surely be chosen.

Happy dance for DS1.  Wish you'll post that $8 gown when you fix it up for the consignment shop.  You are such a great little shopper!  And a thoughtful one at that.

Millbury, MA

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 11
Points 165
Mary replied on Fri, Sep 6 2013 12:03 PM | Locked

I knew that was Shipshewana.  I'm only about 45 minutes south of there.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Fri, Sep 6 2013 1:19 PM | Locked

Lesley, there ain't no such thing as free time for Mom. it falls under the same heading as "extra money"...they are both mythical substances. LOL

Marie, what a gem you are to house/Teddy sit for your DD. 

I'm like you, Patti. Today will be spent trying to catch up on the housework. Sprout's helped me clean the shower (turned a 10 min job into a 2 hour chore) and vacuum. he loves to push the cleaner around, but ,again, he turns a quick task into a long ordeal. Then again, the carpet is probably the cleanest it's been in a long while because of his insistence on helping. LOL We had a little sprinkle come through right after I hung out the laundry so it got a second rince. At least it wasn't anything like last nights T-storms. 

Jr Got his cast on yesterday, a midst a great production of having another set of x-rays because the ER 'couldn't' send his originals to the Dr (dang competition` between clinics....). What should have been a quick visit took us nearly 2 hours! He got a blue one! He's thrilled to be out of the monster splint and be able to put his arm through his sleeve again! We hope to have the cast off before Halloween.  

Marie, I can't make any promises about pics. Between computer issues and a half dead camera you've given my quite a challenge...but I promise that I will try.

As for DH's promotion, or lack there of, my general attitude is  "If it was meant to be, it would have happened. Since it didn't, it wasn't."  Experience has taught me that things usually work out the way they need to. Somehow or other we find ourselves where we need to be, when we need to be there, and I'm sure this is just another of those instances when we're being put on the path we need to fallow. 

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Fri, Sep 6 2013 1:22 PM | Locked

Patti:
Maybe I should get a little nap in too.  Did not sleep much last night.  The light show lasted most of the night.  Almost constant lightning.

Patti, LOL!  You didn't mention the thunder!  That was the longest and most intensive T/Storm I have ever seen here!  Between the thunder, lightening (which lighted everything almost like daylight for 3-4 seconds at a time), and our dog (who is terrified of these storms)...we did not get any sleep until between 4-6 am.  Then it started up again, but thankfully not as intense.  Our power was off for several seconds numerous times last night, but luckily came right back on. 

I had been up late canning tomato sauce, so I need a "little" nap too!

Winthrop, WA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,398
Points 175,538
Marie replied on Fri, Sep 6 2013 2:06 PM | Locked

chocake2:

As for DH's promotion, or lack there of, my general attitude is  "If it was meant to be, it would have happened. Since it didn't, it wasn't."  Experience has taught me that things usually work out the way they need to. Somehow or other we find ourselves where we need to be, when we need to be there, and I'm sure this is just another of those instances when we're being put on the path we need to fallow. 

CC, I love the way you think, more or less like I've been thinking for the last five years.

Millbury, MA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,587
Points 75,865
Karla replied on Fri, Sep 6 2013 3:33 PM | Locked

I, too, am playing catch up.  Spent 8 hours yesterday at DGS1's football game...2 hour drive each way and a 3 hour game...stopped at 2 fabric shops, much to the chagrin of DH, and just made it to the game in time for the kickoff.  He's always so worried about getting a place to sit...we were 3 (DD1 rode with us) of about 12 people sitting on the visiting team's side.  I told him not too worry because not many would make that drive for a game on a week night.  Next week's game is a 4 hour drive away and I've already promised DD1 I would go with her.  I drove yesterday because she doesn't like twisty, windy mountain roads.  She'll be driving to the Elko game, at least one way, I may have to spell the pregnant DD somewhere along the line.  DGS got to play a few downs, he was sure we wasn't going to be able to play because he was not at summer practice (court ordered visitation with father for 5 weeks) and he's never played football before.  The coach allowed him on the team because he is a black belt in TaeKwonDo and he knew of Chris because coach's daughters are also in TaeKwonDo.

This morning I've been canning and pickling...the tomatoes and cucumbers were beginning to take over my kitchen.  Also made strawberry shortcake for dessert tonight.  Don't know if I'll have the energy to make dinner, but we'll have dessert, LOL.

I'm planning on hitting another couple of shop hop stops today...I'll never be able to get to them all as most of them are over 100 miles away and I don't have anyone to shop hop with, but I will hit the close ones.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,391
Points 46,980
Angele replied on Sat, Sep 7 2013 7:40 AM | Locked

tnmtgrl:

Have not been on in a while...work is keeping me too busy that when I am home I am so tired I don't want to do much of anything....now that labor day is over though things will slow down til Christmas. We had one of our long time associates get killed in a motorcycle accident last Sat. and the whole store is just devastated. He was a good friend to me, he worked in my department. He was a man of faith, family and friends. I don't think I ever saw a time when he did not have a smile on his face, he was willing to help anyone who needed it . He will truly be missed by all. My heart aches for his family, and I pray that God helps to ease their pain.

Jen I just saw your message.

im so sorry for your loss. Thoughts and prayers are going to you and his family during this difficult time. You have to remember how he made everybody's life a bit better , a bit brighter with his presence. Keep the good memories.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,391
Points 46,980
Angele replied on Sat, Sep 7 2013 7:47 AM | Locked

C&C I'm sad that your DH didn't get the promotion. I hope that something better will come his way in the future. 

As for junior, could he be somehow related to DS2? He's the one who cut his wrist climbing over the fencing at school, gouged out a chunk of his knee on the ice, broke his foot playing basketball outside.  Great kid, very smart and very adventurous, he  did skydiving, scuba divine and now is into target shooting. Oh and rugby.  Those are the things I know about.... As for the rest...well I rather not know.

I'm glad he got his cast on. If he still has it at Halloween, it could definitively become part of his costume...

Angèle  from NWO

Page 59 of 244 (3651 items) « First ... < Previous 57 58 59 60 61 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use