Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #9

Page 57 of 244 (3651 items) « First ... < Previous 55 56 57 58 59 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,650 Replies | 68 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,583
Points 24,040
Susie replied on Wed, Sep 4 2013 9:37 AM | Locked

I understand JR's issue, CC.  I broke my arm TWICE in the same school year--once by going down the stairs in the laundry basket and hitting the landing wrong, and the second time during a game of sideline soccer where my arm was in the way of an opponent's kick.

I have to say that my hard work cleaning over the long weekend sure paid off!  Last night was the first night in a very long time that I wasn't the least bit stressed when I walked in my door after work.  I'm generally really cranky because I have to clean up after everyone after working all day.  But it was so very nice to be able to sit at my sewing machine, jump up to iron/cut without feeling like I should be cleaning instead.  I should really kick everyone out so I can clean more often! 

Today is work...it's month end, plus ,my regular payrolls, and this is our fiscal end of year month.  Since I haven't gone through the year end process here, it's going to be craxy, hectic and totally confusing for me.  The procedures left for me are shabby, to say the least.  Hopefully I won't get fired because I can't manage to "get" the instructions.

Chicagoland, Illinois

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,402
Points 119,641
Patti replied on Wed, Sep 4 2013 9:46 AM | Locked

CC. love your stories, but I hope there is no more broken bones.  Also hoping your DH gets the job.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• | Post Points: 5
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 703
Points 11,570
Bev replied on Wed, Sep 4 2013 10:25 AM | Locked

Debbie, I think the powers that be are trying to tell you not to buy that RV you had for the weekend. Hope you find the one you really want. I agree you should keep your house if you like where you are because the grass is not always greener (heehee). My DH and I have always thought we would retire in Florida but could not decide which coast so we rented an apartment in Ft. Lauderdale one year and one in St. Pete the next year and loved it. We had it until the apt owners sold it an it went condo with an enormous fee. It was good we had our house to come back to.

from TN

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,246
Points 19,420
weezee56 replied on Wed, Sep 4 2013 10:42 AM | Locked

Susie, I hope work goes well for you and everyone else helps keep things clean.

CC Sorry to hear about Jr's broken arm, wishing DH luck on the promotion.

Bev. DH and I have thought about moving to Florida, but our kids are here in Michigan. I'd like a winter place there though.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,650
Nana replied on Wed, Sep 4 2013 11:11 AM | Locked

CC

Wow...I have really missed all your stories.  Tell Jr we are all thinking about him.  And tell DH we are all rooting for him.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,541
Points 416,959
gini replied on Wed, Sep 4 2013 11:32 AM | Locked

CC,  good luck to DH.   I hope he gets the job.   Poor Jr.   He needs to come up with a better cover story than an ironing board.  

We were really hoping to get over your way and do some fishing.   It doesn't look like it is in the cards this year.   We were figuring out our schedule for the next two months.  Sam and  I won't be ships passing in the night, it'll be more like two galaxies passing in the cosmos.   There's an entire month we won't see each other with our comings and goings.   I thought it might be nice to have Sam gone a week or so a month, but this is ridiculous.   I liked him retired better.  Well, i still like him the same, I just liked the retired situation better.

gini in north idaho

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Wed, Sep 4 2013 12:45 PM | Locked

Gosh Gini, that sucks. Will things settle down for you later in the fall? DH says Sam can come and 'fish' anytime (altho it might just be a plot to get Sam out in the woods with a chainsaw). He and DS1 have pike fever now. They even have yours-truely manufacturing lures for them (Tha's a scary t'ing, lemme tell ya!). Jr likes to tag along with them, altho he's not quite as into it as they are. I'm wondering how he's gonna manage to cast, much less land anything one armed?

Just talked to the orthopedist. the earliest they can cast Jr's arm is...Monday afternoon? WHAT?? A week in just a splint? Something's weird there...

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,649
Points 52,675
Ginny replied on Wed, Sep 4 2013 2:50 PM | Locked

CC, Oh poor Jr.  I so feel for him.  It may hurt yet today, but even with just the splint on, at least it is immobilized until he gets his cast.. By that time the swelling should be pretty much gone and the cast will fit better.    Good luck to DH in his quest for a promotion.  He is the best one, especially if you say so.    Ginny

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,541
Points 416,959
gini replied on Wed, Sep 4 2013 3:00 PM | Locked

i don't see things settling down for a year or more.   he has to be in branson one week a month and seattle every week for a day or two.   he often flies out of seattle to branson, so he's sometimes gone for 10 days at a time.  then there are all  the trade shows he now needs to attend, and golf events.  his partner never did all this stuff, but sam thinks he needs to be out there getting his face in front of everyone they do business with, for the next year or so. 

you will think this is funny.   men are sooooo, i can't think of an appropriate word.   the lumbermen have an organization. it is called, wait for it,  are you ready??

the Who Who Club,  

huh huh?  uh huh!!  who who  : )

this is where they get together, drink, tell lies, gossip, tell more fibs,  eat big steaks, golf, tell more half truths, go fishing on big boats, tell more stories.   They are actually quite proud of their little organization, and there are now women members.   WhoWhoda thunk this was a serious group?  after neary thirty years of the whowho i still get the giggles.   gowhowho

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,650
Nana replied on Wed, Sep 4 2013 3:03 PM | Locked

Gini

That is too funny.  Who who.......

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,541
Points 416,959
gini replied on Wed, Sep 4 2013 3:05 PM | Locked

if any of them see this, i will probably be shot dead on the spot for revealing the secrets of the whowho

gini in north idaho

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,595
Points 75,910
Karla replied on Wed, Sep 4 2013 3:43 PM | Locked

Oh Gini, that's so funny.  I'm sorry for you and envy you at the same time...a month without a DH around, I feel very lucky if I can get away from mine for more than a couple of hours.  I keep buying things to get him into a hobby, signing him for things like American Legion and the Moose Lodge, etc., but no go.  I'm just wasting my money.  Maybe he would enjoy the who who group...wonder if I could pass him off as a lumberman.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 506
Points 10,245
tnmtgrl replied on Wed, Sep 4 2013 4:10 PM | Locked

Have not been on in a while...work is keeping me too busy that when I am home I am so tired I don't want to do much of anything....now that labor day is over though things will slow down til Christmas. We had one of our long time associates get killed in a motorcycle accident last Sat. and the whole store is just devastated. He was a good friend to me, he worked in my department. He was a man of faith, family and friends. I don't think I ever saw a time when he did not have a smile on his face, he was willing to help anyone who needed it . He will truly be missed by all. My heart aches for his family, and I pray that God helps to ease their pain.

newport, tennessee

"may there always be work for your hands to do"

• | Post Points: 110
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,595
Points 75,910
Karla replied on Wed, Sep 4 2013 4:32 PM | Locked

Jen, so sorry to hear of the loss of your friend, T & P for you and your friend's family.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,650
Nana replied on Wed, Sep 4 2013 5:10 PM | Locked

Jen

So sorry for the loss of your friend.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 35
Page 57 of 244 (3651 items) « First ... < Previous 55 56 57 58 59 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use