Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #9

Page 55 of 244 (3651 items) « First ... < Previous 53 54 55 56 57 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,650 Replies | 68 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,037
Points 369,052
Kris replied on Sun, Sep 1 2013 10:22 PM | Locked

Beth,

I like your mini quilts.

Sorry about your mom.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,037
Points 369,052
Kris replied on Sun, Sep 1 2013 10:22 PM | Locked

Chocake,

I'm loving Sprout's moustache.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,499
Points 48,285
Angele replied on Sun, Sep 1 2013 10:49 PM | Locked

Jacy, congratulate the happy couple for me. I think you will be so busy with the wedding preparations,  will you have time to sleep? They forme such a cute couple.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,499
Points 48,285
Angele replied on Sun, Sep 1 2013 10:58 PM | Locked

Welcome back CC. I missed your witty comments all summer. I also started, school last Monday as an educational assistant for the twentieth year. I enjoy working with the students that need to build a different tool kit to learn, build their self confidence and enjoy school. This year I work in a grade six class. Attitudes are issues number one!

Angèle  from NWO

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,246
Points 19,420
weezee56 replied on Sun, Sep 1 2013 11:34 PM | Locked

Welcome Karen.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,703
Points 179,728
Marie replied on Mon, Sep 2 2013 7:31 AM | Locked

Hi and welcome Karen, nice to have you join us, enjoy!

Millbury, MA

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,607
Points 27,055
Debbie replied on Mon, Sep 2 2013 7:34 AM | Locked

we left Saturday and went about 150 miles away to DSIL's mother's cabin at the lake for one night and what a weekend!  been looking at a used motor coach (2003 42' Alfa See 'Ya GOLD) to buy for our retirement. Guy told us to take it out and try it for the weekend - seems everything that could go wrong went wrong - A/C didn't work (almost 100 degrees at the lake) so we slept (HA!) in it with no A/C just as hot as I remember as a kid; and refrigerator wouldn't stay on plus worst of all we couldn't get the slide-out to go back in yesterday when we were ready to leave.  Our phones had no service and I was almost to panic stage. Luckily, DD and DSIL had brought their car so they were able to go buy a ratchet and crank it in manually and thank the Lord for my DSIL, he had the strength to do it.  had to get below and use the ratchet to crank it, at the motor underneath, back in, took almost an hour with him resting in between cranking and the ratchet slipping off about every 6 turns.  I know his arms were hurting. so we didn't get home till 9:00 last night and then had to unload it. still need to finish cleaning it up and unloading last of our stuff.  

needless to say, I'm not sure on this one!!  guy that owns it is 76 yrs old and willing to buy our Class C as he wants something smaller.  don't think he has used it in a few years if he ever did; he bought it from his brother who bought it from some friends of theirs. had it sitting for 2 years in a covered A/C barn he built for it.  it's very nice but much bigger than I want and need to convince DH of that.  He loves it but I think we may have to look around some more. our goal is to travel and live in it full-time, which I'm still not sold on that part.  I want to be able to have a home to come back to and relax, touch base, something solid, non-moving. we're still talking it out.     

then I had a nightmare this morning and woke up about 5:00 and couldn't go back to sleep.  I've had my coffee and donut, so I can tell this (I'm superstitous about telling dreams before breakfast).  I dreamed the street in front of our house had a HUMONGOUS sinkhole and the RV fell in. Now we're talking a 42' long motor coach, about 8' wide - size of a school bus!  it's parked across the driveway and then in front of neighbor's yard. at one point in my dream I watched it fall in with DH inside the RV and I'm frantically calling 911.  I can see the top so it's not deep deep but he can't get out.  Guess that's why I couldn't go back to sleep, had to get up and go look just now to make sure RV was still there!   all these stories of sinkholes in FL!

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

• | Post Points: 50
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,607
Points 27,055
Debbie replied on Mon, Sep 2 2013 7:48 AM | Locked

Marie:
all I learned from that is "he'll train when he's ready"

have a cute true story that illustrate this point real well.  one of our neighbors was trying to potty train her 2.5 yr old son and one day she asked the dog if she needed to go out, Little boy jumped up, said yes and ran to the bathroom.  He never had another accident from that day on.  She said if she knew that's what it took she would have done so sooner!  

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,607
Points 27,055
Debbie replied on Mon, Sep 2 2013 7:54 AM | Locked

Beth, took me awhile to figure out the wall hangings were laying on the carpet, I may need new glasses after all!  

Kaden and little one are so cute.  I have a Caiden also, he's 7.  

Sorry to hear about your Mom!  It is just so easy to fall anymore.  here's prayers that all will work out and she'll be healed real soon.  

Debbie (dear1953)  

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,607
Points 27,055
Debbie replied on Mon, Sep 2 2013 7:56 AM | Locked

CC - Sprout - he's so cute and reminds me of our oldest daughter (age 40).  she had no hair till almost one!  she's has made up for that since then.    

Debbie (dear1953)  

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,607
Points 27,055
Debbie replied on Mon, Sep 2 2013 8:02 AM | Locked

Just let the dogs out and it is so nice outside I think I'll get myself another cup of coffee and take my book, sit and read in the beautiful morning till DH wakes up.  later, ya'll!

Debbie (dear1953)  

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 266
Points 4,965
Lesley replied on Tue, Sep 3 2013 2:16 PM | Locked

Debbie now you have told us it won't happen!! According to the superstition my Mum used to tell me!

Hope you have had a better day! Sounds like you have a project on with the RV, good luck!

I have started a very low calorie eating plan, I know all the pitfalls but I just need a kick up the b**t to get me started again. It's going well ( only on 2nd day) so will keep going as long as I can! Hope it works.

Had pork with red cabbage and apple for dinner actually very tasty but not sure what reaction my tummy might have with all that cabbage!!!

CC love the picture of Sprout. Bless him.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Tue, Sep 3 2013 4:49 PM | Locked

This being one of our busiest threads, I see that Debbie was on at 8 a.m. Monday, and then the next post from Lesley is 2 p.m. Sunday, so now I have a feel for how long QCA was offline.  (those times are in my time zone - Central Daylight time)

Who was it blaming Debbie-do from Texas for the server crash for posting too much.  Looks to me like DEAR Debbie from OK was the one writing a book.  Feeling a little guilty there, Deb?   LOL  (just kidding, you know!)

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,633
Points 48,810
Debbie-do replied on Tue, Sep 3 2013 4:51 PM | Locked

It's all Frances' fault.

Southwest of San Antonio

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,479
Points 41,345
Mimi replied on Tue, Sep 3 2013 5:04 PM | Locked

I don't know Debbie-do.  It might have been the mention of all those itsy, bitsy squares for the postage stamp blocks.  10's of thousands???  That's a scary thought.  The site fainted just trying to fathom them.

Page 55 of 244 (3651 items) « First ... < Previous 53 54 55 56 57 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use