Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #9

Page 54 of 244 (3651 items) « First ... < Previous 52 53 54 55 56 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,650 Replies | 68 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,650
Nana replied on Sat, Aug 31 2013 7:57 PM | Locked

CC

Sprout has grown so much.   He is such a cutie....you are going to be beating the girls away...LOL>

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Sat, Aug 31 2013 8:27 PM | Locked

Wow Beth. Great wallie!

The pic of Sprout was taken at the 4th of July parade. He was getting pretty tired of havin his picture snapped by the time this one was taken but it's the only one I have. (My e-mail went down right about then and I never got copies of the other ones...) I just love the scowl! He's definately Daddy's little carbon copy!

Anyway, he's grown even more in the last 2 months. He's mastered climbing the furniture. Nothing is out of reach anymore! I've had to quit taking him to work with me because he gets intot things he shouldn't... And if you wanna hear a fit, just try saying "No"!!  LOL

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,649
Points 52,690
Ginny replied on Sat, Aug 31 2013 8:36 PM | Locked

Beth, those grandbabies are just precious.  Oh and the quilted wall hangings are great.  I'm sorry that your Mom had such a terrible outcome from her fall.  It just takes so much longer to heal, it seems, when you get older.  I'll add her along with Camille to my prayers.    Ginny

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,649
Points 52,690
Ginny replied on Sat, Aug 31 2013 8:38 PM | Locked

Oh CC, such  cute picture of Sprout.  He certainly is growing.  My newest GGS has hair about the same color as Sprout's.    Ginny

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,703
Points 179,728
Marie replied on Sun, Sep 1 2013 9:32 AM | Locked

Beth, it looks like "life" is happening in your corner of the world.  Prayers are continuing for Camille.  As for Kaden, I remember those days.  I went on an intense potty training session with my last child, drove me crazy and all I learned from that is "he'll train when he's ready".  The news of your mom is not so good, I will certainly add her to my prayer list for her complete and rapid healing.  Thanks for the pics, lovely looking family.  God Bless y'all.  (((((HUGS)))))

P.S.  Love your wall hangings, very pretty.

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,703
Points 179,728
Marie replied on Sun, Sep 1 2013 9:36 AM | Locked

Well will you look at that, very little hair but growing a mustache already!  He's as cute as a button!  Thanks for the pic, CC.

Millbury, MA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,595
Points 75,910
Karla replied on Sun, Sep 1 2013 5:44 PM | Locked

Today I'm just sitting around and nibbling on the fruits of my labors...fresh watermelon and cantaloupe from the garden.  What a treat!  I really should be doing something with the new bag of tomatoes and new bag of cucumbers I picked yesterday, but I just don't have the energy.  I think it is time for a day of rest.  I'll get back to the grind tomorrow, maybe.  This week won't be getting much done, Wednesday in Reno for dental appointments and lab work and Thursday to Lake Tahoe for DGS1's first football game.  That'll mean at least 4 hours on the road for the football game, but that's better than next week's game in Elko which is a 5 hour drive one way.

I have been searching on line for more fabric for the Loyal Union Soldier Sampler, I think I need some more dark browns, creams and maybe greens.  But I won't buy anything today, I'll wait until I can make a trip to the LQS on Tuesday (maybe Monday if they're open).  I seem to have lots of medium tones, but am shy on the creams and the dark colors.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,935
Points 33,685
Roxana replied on Sun, Sep 1 2013 6:03 PM | Locked

Karla, let me know where you find the creams. I haven't been able to find them at all. Of course I'm not 100% certain what fabrics qualify.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,595
Points 75,910
Karla replied on Sun, Sep 1 2013 7:33 PM | Locked

I found a couple cream prints at my LQS in the Civil War Section...one has a small red design and one has some little brown leaves.  Other than that, I haven't really seen anything.  I bought those, but tomorrow I just might check out some plain creams (blenders, not necessarily Civil War) or some high grade muslin.  My LQS is open tomorrow, and everything is 20% off, so I'll be there when they open in the morning.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,650
Nana replied on Sun, Sep 1 2013 7:43 PM | Locked

Roxana

If you can't find in nice creams you can always use good quality muslin or even some of the primitive muslins.   These are very nice and were often found in Civil War quilts.

Vinton, Virginia

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 6
Points 220
karen913 replied on Sun, Sep 1 2013 7:50 PM | Locked

Finished making the blocks for a "Storm at Sea" quilt.   I now have them layed out on my living room floor trying to decide how to best sew them together?

Cool day here in Western Wisconsin.

Hi to everyone I am new on this website  

Karen913

• | Post Points: 50
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,935
Points 33,685
Roxana replied on Sun, Sep 1 2013 8:06 PM | Locked

Welcome, Karen! You'll love it here!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,650
Nana replied on Sun, Sep 1 2013 8:08 PM | Locked

Karen

Welcome to the site.  I hope you will take the time to tell us a little about yourself and your quilting.   Storm at Sea is on my to do list along with about a hundred others...LOL>   If I live long enough to finish all the quilts that I want to do I will be at least 200.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,657
Points 136,092
Leslie replied on Sun, Sep 1 2013 9:14 PM | Locked

Welcome Karen

[Ava, Missouri

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Sun, Sep 1 2013 9:14 PM | Locked

Hi Karen, welcome. "can't wait to see your SAS.

Karla, i had two couples from your neck of the woods come through today. One gentleman was a Biologist, the other a Geologist. Ironically they got to talking and found out that they live within a few miles of each other. i suspect that the friendship they formed here in the far reaches of the univers, will continue to grow and probably last a lifetime. They really hit it off. 

Sprout is determined to get his little sticky fingers up here and help me type, but he's already deleted this 2ce. 'Gotta hurry and post before he does it a 3rd time!

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Page 54 of 244 (3651 items) « First ... < Previous 52 53 54 55 56 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use