Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #9

Page 53 of 244 (3651 items) « First ... < Previous 51 52 53 54 55 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,650 Replies | 68 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,903
Points 33,105
Roxana replied on Sat, Aug 31 2013 9:53 AM | Locked

chocake2:

... They looked for all the world like they were doing a bizarre fandango!

CC, I'm glad to meet you. I didn't know what I was missing while you were away. Your stories are a wonderful breathe of fresh air! How old is Sprout?

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 63,480
Jacy replied on Sat, Aug 31 2013 12:04 PM | Locked

I got a nice surprise. Our friends from California 1000 miles away, are bringing their son up to southern idaho for college. That's the same state as us, but not very close by, about a 7hr drive. But my DH decided we would go and meet up with them, and Grandma (my MIL) said we should leave the kids to her and go by ourselves. How great is that? So I threw some clothes in a bag, grabbed some handsewing and we are heading out for 2 days. Now if I only i could figure out how to get DH to stop at a quilt store or two on the way!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,608
Points 52,050
Ginny replied on Sat, Aug 31 2013 12:23 PM | Locked

How nice is that, Jacy,.  I had quite the opposite thing happen for the weekend.  My friend and I were going to take off for the Amish area of Ohio and then down to Kentucky for the weekend, but mother nature had other ideas and predicted frequent rain for that area.  So then, we were going to go to the western side of  the state-- where, unbeknownst to him, I happen to know there are quite a few quilt shops.  Then the weather decided to heat everything up quite a bit and throw in the possibility of frequent showers-- so now that is off the table too as we planned to go on the big Harley.   

Guess it's all okay though as I woke up with a stuffy nose and somewhat sore throat-  I a going to go sew on the St. Jude quilt I am trying to do. 

Have fun on your trip.    Ginny

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,592
Points 75,980
Karla replied on Sat, Aug 31 2013 1:31 PM | Locked

We are mostly smoke free this morning, but they say that won't last very long.  Spent time just sitting out on the porch, something we haven't been able to do for several weeks now.  We've got a hot streak again this week, in the upper 90's, but we'll survive it all somehow.

The Rib Cook-Off is this weekend in Reno/Sparks, but I doubt if we'll go, as DH doesn't like ribs or crowds and it will be packed with people.  I'm beginning to wonder if he likes anything anymore.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 151
Points 2,560
Beth replied on Sat, Aug 31 2013 3:32 PM | Locked

Hi everyone! I haven't had much time as of late to jump on the computer and catch up on everyone, but I'm definitely saying my prayers for all in our QCA family in need!!! I think it's something in the air these days!!! I really loved the happy joyful news, Jacy, your daughter and soon to be SIL are a beautiful couple, so happy to have CC back with us...between Karla and she, the stories are such great entertainment :)

As for me, life has been a bit of a mixed bag...Camille continues to progress toward her kidney transplant...for any of you on facebook, you can go out to the page "A kidney for Camille" and like and follow our journey! Mr. Kaden (3 yr old), is in the middle of potty training and giving us all a run for the money..."I'm not doing that...I don't want to" rewards and enticements only go so far :) but we just keep plugging away...Ohio has been fairly hot and humid these days...just in time for our central Air to be declared dead on arrival after 18 years...two week wait for new one to be installed :(, now I remember what it was like when we were kids and the fans were our air conditioning..

On a bit of a disconcerting note, my 78 year old mom took a terrible fall this past Monday at the local YMCA parking lot, (she was going to the arthritis swim, which is supposed to help with her balance), she fell over a concrete barrier face first, broke the bridge of her nose, her right upper arm and left knee cap, we went for surgery to repair the knee cap yesterday, and were told at least 6-8 weeks of in patient rehab....Life is a journey and I pray for everyone's health and safety..they are the true gifts of our lives ...i did finish my wall hanging and was finishing a UFO from 2005 (Country Woman's Poinsettia Wall Quilt by Janet Ludwig) I'll post a few pics for everyone to see :)! Have a happy Saturday, I am going to bed soon since mom was so confused I stayed all night with her last night and maybe got a few hours of sleep!

• | Post Points: 95
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Sat, Aug 31 2013 3:34 PM | Locked

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

• | Post Points: 125
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 151
Points 2,560
Beth replied on Sat, Aug 31 2013 3:37 PM | Locked

Haha CC that is just an adorable picture of sprout :)!!!!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,856
Points 68,555
Bonita replied on Sat, Aug 31 2013 3:52 PM | Locked

CC, Sprout has really grown since last seen. What a cutie he is.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,856
Points 68,555
Bonita replied on Sat, Aug 31 2013 3:58 PM | Locked

Beth, your wall hangings are beautiful and just in time for the coming seasons. Good luck on the potty training. My DGD is turning 3 in Nov. and we are getting ready to get started on her. The Ped Dr said if you start training at 2 they will trained by 3, if you start at 3 they will be trained at 3.LOL We found out that was so true with the other DGD.

Sorry to hear about your Mother. Hope she recovers quickly.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 151
Points 2,560
Beth replied on Sat, Aug 31 2013 4:07 PM | Locked

Thanks Bonita! I think I'm going to need a vacation after we get through all of this...:)!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,221
Points 18,870
weezee56 replied on Sat, Aug 31 2013 4:24 PM | Locked

Thank you Dawn for the free quilt patterns.

Jacy, congratulations to your DD and future SIL. Have fun making their quilt.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Sat, Aug 31 2013 4:25 PM | Locked

OMG, Sprout really did grow up over this summer!  Sporting a mustache now and everything!

And is that a glimpse of mama's shoulder?

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,221
Points 18,870
weezee56 replied on Sat, Aug 31 2013 4:47 PM | Locked

CC he is so cute, and getting so big.

Beth, Sorry to hear about your DM, nice wall hanging. Good luck on the potty training, boys can be troublesome at times. I pray everything goes well for Camille.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,592
Points 75,980
Karla replied on Sat, Aug 31 2013 7:09 PM | Locked

Beth, sorry to hear of all the trials and tribulations you are facing.  Prayers for your Mom.  Understand the problem with the A/C...we had that happen last summer.  Thank goodness it was last summer as this summer has been so much hotter and with the smoke it would have been just terrible.  Prayers for Camille, too.

CC, Sprout is such a handsome young man.  My youngest DGS just turned one on the 6th and he's already a handful, add that to the other 2 boys in their family and I can see he's going to be a real terror.  He is a real grandma's boy, however, and I love it.  He's the first DGS I have that prefers me over his Papa.  I think it disturbs DH a little, but he does spend time on Papa's lap too.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,736
Points 437,165
Nana replied on Sat, Aug 31 2013 7:56 PM | Locked

Beth

Your wall hangings are so pretty.   The grands are precious.   So sorry to hear about your mom.  I hope she recuperates quickly.

Vinton, Virginia

Page 53 of 244 (3651 items) « First ... < Previous 51 52 53 54 55 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use