Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #9

Page 47 of 244 (3651 items) « First ... < Previous 45 46 47 48 49 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,650 Replies | 68 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,736
Points 364,792
Kris replied on Mon, Aug 26 2013 6:01 PM | Locked

Elaine,

sorry to hear about your DGD. I'm glad they were able to detect the ectopic pregnancy before it was too late. They can be tricky to find.

I've added her to my prayer list. Depression is really difficult under the best of circumstances.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,736
Points 364,792
Kris replied on Mon, Aug 26 2013 6:06 PM | Locked

Donna B:
I need to vent this morning!  For the last six weeks or so, we have been dealing with water issues here in our "little part of heaven"...lol!

Sorry about your water problems Donna. 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,736
Points 364,792
Kris replied on Mon, Aug 26 2013 6:07 PM | Locked

Cindy:
Hi everyone, Its been forever since I posted last....maybe some of you remember me.

Hi Cindy. I remember you. It's good to "see" you.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,736
Points 364,792
Kris replied on Mon, Aug 26 2013 6:20 PM | Locked

Dawn:
it was also our 33rd anniversary

Happy anniversary...belatedly.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,736
Points 364,792
Kris replied on Mon, Aug 26 2013 6:21 PM | Locked

Carol:
Anyway, I had 13 quilts entered this year, all blue ribbons.  But the big one that I hand pieced and hand quilted over several years that I finally got done this year was one of my entries - you can see it in the hand quilting group media - but you haven't seen it's Blue ribbon, the Grand Champion ribbon, and the Best of Show trophy~~so here it is! 

Woo Hoo! Congratulations Carol.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,736
Points 364,792
Kris replied on Mon, Aug 26 2013 6:26 PM | Locked

I think I'm caught up. Sorry if I missed anyone.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,405
Points 415,659
gini replied on Tue, Aug 27 2013 12:13 AM | Locked

Les ley, your quilos are beautiful.  I would be proud  to share them with everyone.

Marie, thanks for the update on CC

no one told dexter we were in town.    Boy Was he surprised we walked into the restaurant.  I didn't think he would ever stop hugging me.  I had a fun day, gong a round to some of my old haunts.   I got a feo christmas presentes and stocking stuffers.   Got some fábrica shopping in, too. 

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,405
Points 415,659
gini replied on Tue, Aug 27 2013 12:16 AM | Locked

For some resano the iPad is speaking french todas.  Or maybe spanish.   Crá***.

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 50
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,796
Points 31,105
Roxana replied on Tue, Aug 27 2013 12:26 AM | Locked

Rossvrs:

Good morning everyone.  I'm here in FL and need to get back to my sewing/quilting. My Viking se is lonely and I have loads of fabric but no inspiration.  I can't seem to find any quilting clubs here in central fl either.  I'd like to sew for profit or charity.  No family here in FL.  Any suggestions?  I'm using up my scraps now, but its not very inspiring.

You're posting on the best virtual quilt guild I know. Just nose around. I'm sure you'll get inspired!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,405
Points 415,659
gini replied on Tue, Aug 27 2013 12:34 AM | Locked

Rossvrs, I missed your post.   This is a great group to hang out with.what kind of things are you interested in that might inspire you?   Do you take a camera along when you' re out and about?  I like to get snaps of color combos and textures .     It helps me to get out my quilting books and pour over them.  This would make a great thread.   What inspires you most when your having trouble getting in the quilting groove?

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,736
Points 364,792
Kris replied on Tue, Aug 27 2013 1:10 AM | Locked

gini:

For some resano the iPad is speaking french todas.  Or maybe spanish.   Crá***.

LOL I love it.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,353
Points 37,030
Linda replied on Tue, Aug 27 2013 7:00 AM | Locked

Today I have to see the eye doctor. Then it's back to the Navajo quilt. I had started to put it together yesterday..didn't like it...ripped it apart and started all over again. Till not sure I like it. Hoping it will turn out nicer than I think. It is colorful that's for sure.

I also need to bind the quilt I just got back from the longarmer and sew the binding on a quilt sitting by my chair. Then I need to quilt the AZ Centennial quilt. Oct. 26 is going to come around too fast. I have 2 more quilts to make yet. HELP!!!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,585
Points 75,810
Karla replied on Tue, Aug 27 2013 8:50 AM | Locked

I'm beginning to dislike Tuesday, because it is yard work day and that takes away from getting my quilt projects done.  Normally, I enjoy getting out and working in the yard, but with it being smoky, hot and so much to get done, I'm not looking forward to it at all today.  

Yesterday, I did some canning, several more jars of salsa and pickles.  I still have 2 large bags of tomatoes that I picked yesterday.  Today, maybe I'll just can tomatoes plain and simple...maybe try my hand at marinara sauce if I can find a decent recipe.  Anyone have one?  I also got most of the rest of the binding sewn on MQ6 while waiting for the boys at TaeKwonDo, only have about 18" left to do on it, then that will be at least one thing finished.

I've also got to get my RR4 block ready to send and load Marge's quilt on the frame so I can decide how I'm going to quilt it, and start gathering my CW fabric for the Loyal Union Soldier.  I think I'll probably only have to go to the LQS to get some light background fabrics.  Thank goodness she has a good supply of CW fabric.  And alas, the laundry...I'm running out of clean clothes to put on and the sheets are in need of a good washing.

Well, now I'm exhausted just thinking about what needs to be done, but at least there is no TaeKwonDo today so maybe I can make some headway.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Tue, Aug 27 2013 10:47 AM | Locked

Patti, I doubt it was the McCord air Force boys.  OK County is a training area for the Whidbey Naval Air Station.  Per DH, every military plane he has ever seen flying around here has been an EA18 or a Tomcat (all Navy planes).  

I know they need to train somewhere, but it can be real scary sometimes.  I saw one do a "ferris wheel" loop over the town of Twisp one day...which was impressive...but if anything had gone wrong, he would have destroyed the whole town.  Another time while on a hike, we had one come up over a ridge so close to us (less than 100 ft) that we hit the ground. (That may not sound very close, but with something that big and you don't even hear it coming from below you on the other side of the ridge, it is way too close!!!)  Every once in awhile one flies through our valley at eye level to our house which is less than 200 feet above the valley floor.  I don't remember exactly, but that is definitely lower than they are suppose to be flying in this area!

I'm glad that one was at least polite enough to "tip a wing" to you!

Winthrop, WA

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,722
Points 38,405
ls2116 replied on Tue, Aug 27 2013 8:12 PM | Locked

I had such a jam packed day today.  Binded quilt for little girl.  Met up with family for lunch which just happened to be by joann fabrics, went to dr. found out I was taking new pres. out of order...Gee no wonder I was feeling so good!  Then came home and made stew for dinner.  I'll be turning in early tonight I think.

Quilting My Rainbow

Page 47 of 244 (3651 items) « First ... < Previous 45 46 47 48 49 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use