Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #9

Page 45 of 244 (3651 items) « First ... < Previous 43 44 45 46 47 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,650 Replies | 68 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,504
Points 50,725
Ginny replied on Mon, Aug 26 2013 7:16 AM | Locked

Wow Gini, how good is that?  Getting to see the new baby and being around for Dex's birthday.  Just so he doesn't think Sam is there to yell at him for yesterday's antics LOL    Ginny

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,797
MNnancy replied on Mon, Aug 26 2013 8:18 AM | Locked

MaxNTopeka:

Nancy, I use 2 1/2 inch squares for 1 inch hexies.  SO MUCH easier than cutting the hexagon shape.  I saw on someone's blog that they used the squares for hexies and decided to give it a whirl. Lovin' it!  I'm not noticing a great deal of extra bulk, especially after I press well.  It may be an issue if I tried to hand quilt the finished top, but I plan on machine quilting.

Max, thanks for the feedback!  That is exactly what I will do then!  I have lots of 2 1/2 in strips in my scrap baskets, so I'll slice them into squares and get started!  I purchased big bags of the 1" paper templates, so I'll be ready to go in no time.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,274
Points 173,313
Marie replied on Mon, Aug 26 2013 8:39 AM | Locked

MaxNTopeka:
Have also missed ChocolateCake!  Maybe Santa will drop off a new computer at their house.  Sprout will be grown before long. Sure miss reading about him.

Max, so good to hear from you!  I agree that this type of work should be left to someone else, scraping and painting is not for us retired quilters.  I love the hexie quilt you are working on, glad you can work on that in the evenings.  I also love your colorful blocks, can't wait to see what you do with them.  

I've also been really missing CC so I wrote her last week and this is the answer I got from her yesterday, enjoy!

Hi Marie!!
No, I haven't been on-line much of late. It's taken me an hour just to open my e-mail account, read your note (1 message!!) and open up a page to reply. Trying to page through posts on QCA is just about impossible with this computer , and there's no $$ for a new one right now, so I must make due. Please give all the girls my best. I hope the fires in ID aren't affecting Gini and Jaci . I miss you all something aweful!
we spent this past week camping in a little cabin my brother rented. It was great fun. Sprout was a real champ and behaved himself beautifully. I was worried that he wouldn't care to sleep in a strange bed, but he did fine.
 we stopped off at a great little LQS on the way home and I found some wonderful prints for a star quilt for Jr, but refrained from purchasing them as I didn't have my pattern with yardage requirements handy. Now I am kicking myself for not doing it...
Harvest season is on us and life in the Golden Triangle has slowed to a crawl while Anheizer/Busch gets their silos filled. We automatically plan for an extra 20 min on trips to town to allow for combines and grain trains blocking the highway. The farmer's are all itching to get their annual paychecks and rush out to buy new trucks...
Hubby is anxiously awaiting me to finish this so we can take the boys fishing. Hope it'll send...
Hugs all around,

PS: Sorry no pictures. The computer's memory is shot so I can't download anything. :(

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,395
Points 119,521
Patti replied on Mon, Aug 26 2013 8:47 AM | Locked

Rossvrs:
Good morning everyone.  I'm here in FL and need to get back to my sewing/quilting. My Viking se is lonely and I have loads of fabric but no inspiration.  I can't seem to find any quilting clubs here in central fl either.  I'd like to sew for profit or charity.  No family here in FL.  Any suggestions?  I'm using up my scraps now, but its not very inspiring.

Rossvrs, I know we have some other quilters in Florida.  Start a thread introducing yourself and ask about any Florida members.  Also, go to the group on retreats and see if you are interested in any posted there.

We will soon have another mystery quilt.  That is a lot of fun to do with other members.  You could join us on that.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,274
Points 173,313
Marie replied on Mon, Aug 26 2013 8:48 AM | Locked

Carol, congrats on all your blue ribbons!  Your Grand Champion ribbon and the Best of Show trophy was certainly well earned, all by hand and it's gorgeous!  May I say, "I'm very proud of you!"

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,274
Points 173,313
Marie replied on Mon, Aug 26 2013 8:51 AM | Locked

C'mon Gini, lets see your winners!

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,583
Points 75,695
Karla replied on Mon, Aug 26 2013 8:54 AM | Locked

Welcome Rossvrs, I'm not in Florida, but Northwestern Nevada, but I, too, don't really have any quilt groups near me.  But I know we have several quilters on this site from Florida, maybe someone is near to you.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,274
Points 173,313
Marie replied on Mon, Aug 26 2013 8:55 AM | Locked

Donna, lucky you, wish I could run into Gini and Sam.  Guess I'll have to get to Branson one of these years to do that.  

Can't wait for the "grandma and baby stories" Gini!

Millbury, MA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,395
Points 119,521
Patti replied on Mon, Aug 26 2013 9:41 AM | Locked

that would be great fun to run into Gini and Sam.

Today I am going to work in the morning, then go shopping for some paper plates, disposable pie tins, glass cutting board, and and a few other things to try and make the kitchen as close to kosher as I can, and that includes cleaning the oven and refrigerator and boiling what I can.  My daughter who has converted to Judaism is bring her orthodox boy friend to visit.  He is bringing some meat to barbeque.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• | Post Points: 35
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 265
Points 4,945
Lesley replied on Mon, Aug 26 2013 11:01 AM | Locked

Marie thanks for sharing CC 's note. Sounds like she is ok and Sprout is growing up real fast.

Patti looks like you will be busy today. Good luck with your shopping!

We have a quick surprise visit from our godchildren & of course Mum and Dad this afternoon so I have handed over their quilts ( or blankies as they call them). They were both very pleased with them. Actually so am I.

• | Post Points: 65
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,735
Points 30,095
Roxana replied on Mon, Aug 26 2013 11:08 AM | Locked

Lesley, I love them both! The color combinations are great!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Mon, Aug 26 2013 11:09 AM | Locked

It was great fun to see Gini and Sam...and quite a surprise at that!  At first I thought it must be someone who really looks like Gini, but then she kept looking at me with that big beautiful grin on her face...  She is such a sweetheart!!!

I wouldn't know where to begin to make a kitchen kosher.  Did she give you suggestions or did you use Google?

Also, did that huge T-Storm miss you last night?  It looked like Okanogan County was on the western edge of it, but the weather report said Tonasket and Omak were getting lightening and heavy rain/wind about 10pm last night. (We didn't get hit by the storm, but did have some light rain early this morning.) Apparently the storm stretched all the way east to close to Sand Point, ID (Gini's home).

Winthrop, WA

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,187
Points 15,895
Susan replied on Mon, Aug 26 2013 12:06 PM | Locked

Rossvrs,  I am here in North Florida, Where are you? Have you gone to any quilt shops to see if they can help you find a guild?      Susan

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,274
Points 173,313
Marie replied on Mon, Aug 26 2013 12:29 PM | Locked

Leslie, I love your Godchildrens quilts, so cheerful and colorful, good work!

Millbury, MA

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,356
Points 31,985
MaxNTopeka replied on Mon, Aug 26 2013 12:37 PM | Locked

Marie,

Thank you so much for sharing CC's note!  Good to know they are doing well and Sprout is being a good boy.  

Lesley, Love the colors you used in your quilts! They are just luscious!

Max

Page 45 of 244 (3651 items) « First ... < Previous 43 44 45 46 47 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use