Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #9

Page 43 of 244 (3651 items) « First ... < Previous 41 42 43 44 45 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,650 Replies | 68 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Sun, Aug 25 2013 11:53 AM | Locked

Carol, Congratulations!  

Winthrop, WA

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Sun, Aug 25 2013 11:57 AM | Locked

OH NO, I got the dreaded "Sorry, your post..." message again!  But of course, the post was "posted"!  I haven't gotten that message for over a month for sure.  

Thought QCA had that problem resolved, but it doesn't look like it!

Winthrop, WA

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,731
Points 29,955
Roxana replied on Sun, Aug 25 2013 12:13 PM | Locked

Pat, I agree about the texting. It's the only way to communicate with my four children. Sometimes they'll call but mostly they'll answer the text when they have a free moment. One daughter prefers a call but I always get her voice mail and sometimes it takes days for her to call me back. I much prefer the texting to that.

I do agree that if I am having one on one time with one of the in person, I don't want them talking to someone else. Those moments are too few!

My DGD has not received a phone for texting and I've loved getting to know her better through it!

I am on Facebook, largely to see pictures of my grandkids. My daughter used to send me the photos but with three little ones, she doesn't have that time anymore so I just save the images from Facebook. I love reading about them there.

Congrats on the new flooring in your sewing room. What a treat! Good luck with the organization!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,667
Points 65,685
Bonita replied on Sun, Aug 25 2013 12:41 PM | Locked

Congratulations Carol.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,500
Points 50,630
Ginny replied on Sun, Aug 25 2013 1:04 PM | Locked

Congrats on the winners, Carol    Ginny

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 62,640
Jacy replied on Sun, Aug 25 2013 1:20 PM | Locked

Congratulations Carol on your ribbons.

My 11 yr old DS went to the fair with his friends family, he made them look at all the quilts and came home and reported that Gini had a red ribbon and a bunch of blue ribbons.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,797
MNnancy replied on Sun, Aug 25 2013 1:38 PM | Locked

Congratulations, Carol, first on completing a completely hand-sewn beauty and then for winning the grand prize!  Does your quilt move on to the state fair next?

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 788
Points 20,025
Carol replied on Sun, Aug 25 2013 2:31 PM | Locked

Nancy, the next step is the District Fair - not sure if it would go to State after that - Thanks, all!

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 265
Points 4,945
Lesley replied on Sun, Aug 25 2013 2:36 PM | Locked

Carol big congratulations  beautiful quilt Lxx

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,717
Points 436,720
Nana replied on Sun, Aug 25 2013 2:41 PM | Locked

Carol

Congratulations on the ribbons.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,355
Points 31,965
MaxNTopeka replied on Sun, Aug 25 2013 3:32 PM | Locked

Hi ya'll!  

Seems like months since I've dropped by to say hello.  It's a nice hot sunny Sunday afternoon here in Kansas, temps well up into the 90's, so I am getting to take a little break from my full-time project.  This is what I have been doing since late May: 

This is what I have been wanting to play with:

But since I've been so tired from 'playing' with painting the house, this is what I have been working on instead:

The nice part about the hexies is I can make a few of an evening while listening to TV. They take a long time, but eventually start coming together and making flowers.  This is my total hexies since April 30.  Slow work, but kind of pretty...certainly different for me. Bet you guys didn't even know I had any flowery fabric in my stash! 

I have explained several times to DH that people of our age and general health should not be painting the exterior of their home in the summertime. Even if it is a brick house and its ONLY the wood trim.  I am in charge of everything from the top of the windows down the to ground.  DH is in charge of everything from the top of the windows up.  Here's a pic that shows why I chose the lower level:

I could never get my pudgy rump up that ladder, much less back down it!! LOL!!  

So if it is below 90 degrees, nor raining and lightening, you will know where I am and what I am doing...removing storm windows, scraping old paint off, priming and re-painting the windows and doors. Oh! And cleaning and re-installing the storm window frames and windows.  Everyday I pray for snow.

Haven't been commenting much lately, but have been lurking and keeping up with ya'll.  Thoughts and prayers have been going up for those who have been in need of them.  Seems like so many and the list gets longer each day!   Have been sending extras for Barbara and Paul. I know they both can use them.  Did I see something about Thea having surgery within the last few days?  Miss seeing her on the message boards.  Have also missed ChocolateCake!  Maybe Santa will drop off a new computer at their house.  Sprout will be grown before long. Sure miss reading about him.

Carol, your quilt is beautiful!  Congrats on the ribbons. They were well deserved!  

There have been so many wonderful projects posted in the last few months.  I can't begin to name them all, but have enjoyed seeing everyone of them.  Maybe someday I'll get to post a picture of a finished quilt...maybe by this time next year.  If I work hard!

In the meantime, ya'll be good, stay safe and take care!  I'll be lurking and thinking about you.

Max

• | Post Points: 80
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,114
Points 14,370
Dawn replied on Sun, Aug 25 2013 3:43 PM | Locked

That is awesome Carol!  Congrats!!!!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,731
Points 29,955
Roxana replied on Sun, Aug 25 2013 3:50 PM | Locked

Max, love your quilts! I agree that you shouldn't be painting in the heat. Personal family experience on that. Be careful and take care of yourself and DH.

Carol, congratulations!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,500
Points 50,630
Ginny replied on Sun, Aug 25 2013 4:01 PM | Locked

Good to hear from you Max.  I had noticed that you have been very, very quiet.  Now I can see why.  Keep up the good work- inside and out.    Ginny

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,650
Points 135,977
Leslie replied on Sun, Aug 25 2013 4:43 PM | Locked

Congrats Carol

[Ava, Missouri

Page 43 of 244 (3651 items) « First ... < Previous 41 42 43 44 45 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use