Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #9

Page 39 of 244 (3651 items) « First ... < Previous 37 38 39 40 41 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,650 Replies | 68 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Thu, Aug 22 2013 8:47 PM | Locked

Gee Nancy

That sounds just like Lewis.   His phone is always laying on the kitchen counter...LOL

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 50
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,473
Points 24,140
Elaine Phillips replied on Thu, Aug 22 2013 10:10 PM | Locked

I had a phone call from my DGD at 4am crying and in pain, the second time this week. She went to the ER on Tuesday night with the same pain, oh I guess I should tell you that she is 8 weeks pregnant. I was concerned about ectopic pregnancy then, but the er docs couldn't see anything on ultasound so they doped her up with morphine and sent her home. Finally the staff paid attention this morning and called in an OB-GYN. Result was that she did have an ectopic pregnancy and she had surgery this morning. She had been bleeding internally since Tuesday. They kept her until 8pm tonight. She is doing ok at this point. But the whole situation could have turned out tragically. Sometimes I don't have much faith in ER staff. Please pray for her, I fear that she may become depressed. She's had problems with depression in the past.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,473
Points 24,140
Elaine Phillips replied on Thu, Aug 22 2013 10:10 PM | Locked

I had a phone call from my DGD at 4am crying and in pain, the second time this week. She went to the ER on Tuesday night with the same pain, oh I guess I should tell you that she is 8 weeks pregnant. I was concerned about ectopic pregnancy then, but the er docs couldn't see anything on ultasound so they doped her up with morphine and sent her home. Finally the staff paid attention this morning and called in an OB-GYN. Result was that she did have an ectopic pregnancy and she had surgery this morning. She had been bleeding internally since Tuesday. They kept her until 8pm tonight. She is doing ok at this point. But the whole situation could have turned out tragically. Sometimes I don't have much faith in ER staff. Please pray for her, I fear that she may become depressed. She's had problems with depression in the past.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,473
Points 24,140
Elaine Phillips replied on Thu, Aug 22 2013 10:12 PM | Locked

Didn't mean to post my dissertation twice. Stupid fingers!

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,082
Points 16,580
weezee56 replied on Thu, Aug 22 2013 10:34 PM | Locked

Elaine, I hope and pray your DGD does not become depressed.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,653
Points 136,022
Leslie replied on Fri, Aug 23 2013 5:12 AM | Locked

Elaine, so sorry to hear this, T&P going her way and yours

[Ava, Missouri

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,349
Points 36,950
Linda replied on Fri, Aug 23 2013 6:16 AM | Locked

Elaine, prayers for your DGD. Hope she starts to feel better soon.

The only plans for today is get a much needed haircut and come home and quilt, quilt, quilt.

Have a happy quilty day. Hugs,

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,391
Points 46,980
Angele replied on Fri, Aug 23 2013 7:46 AM | Locked

I use my cell regularly to stay in touch with friends that are far away and can't be reached by calling as it's too expensive here. I also always carry it with me at work since my dad had his heart attack. I don't take it out when I'm at a restaurant or with family and friends. Now that I have one I feel more confident about traveling alone even though there are menu dead zones in this area where there is no service.

My big beef is the use of cells by students in class while the teacher talks....like one said put your cell away. I know you are texting the way you are looking In your crotch and smiling... There is no effort to retain information or discuss as to whether this is acceptable or accurate.  Now if you could have a group online chat between them, boy you would get great things flowing.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,391
Points 46,980
Angele replied on Fri, Aug 23 2013 7:48 AM | Locked

Elaine I will add your DGD to my prayers. This is difficult both physically and emotionally. She will need love and patience.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,391
Points 46,980
Angele replied on Fri, Aug 23 2013 8:11 AM | Locked

I believe today is Thea's surgery. Anyone will keep us updated?

Angèle  from NWO

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 63,135
Jacy replied on Fri, Aug 23 2013 9:34 AM | Locked

Has anyone heard an update from Spud?

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,398
Points 119,581
Patti replied on Fri, Aug 23 2013 9:39 AM | Locked

I have been wondering about her too.   I keep praying for her.  

My SIL recently got a positive result, and they are retesting as it can sometimes be a false positive. 

Odd isn't it that "positive" is bad and "negative" is good. 

I pray for Spud several times a day.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 453
Points 8,625
Jan replied on Fri, Aug 23 2013 9:41 AM | Locked

Kris,

I so totally agree.  I make my appointments with doctors at the time it is convenient for me.  Granted their schedule plays in to the planning.  I have had the same doctor for over 25 years.  In that time he has only 1 time answered a test/page when he and I were actually in the exam room together. That patient was in the room for being seen next but was having an active heart attack, an obvious priority. I feel that if he can be that serious about our appointment time I owe it to him to be the same. I also took a call one time from my DH's number. Turns out he had fallen off the top of a truck and was in route to the hospital.  Since we see the same doctor, he just talked to the medics.  (I don't remember another time DH has called me from his cell phone during "business" hours for him and he knows when I have appointments.)  My thinking is you are doing your job for me, I owe it to be respectful enough to you to help you. After all it is me that will suffer or benefit if you are not doing it right.

It all goes back to basic respect.  Respect yourself enough to respect those around you. I do have to say on he positive side of technology, I sure do like picking up my nook to take with me.  No need to keep sight of a bookmark, figure out which page I am on, or turn it off. It will go to sleep until I am ready and wake up where I left it. And it fits in my purse so I don't have a ton of stuff to look for and remember.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,585
Points 75,810
Karla replied on Fri, Aug 23 2013 9:49 AM | Locked

I love my Kindle for the same reason...carry it with me when I figure I might have down time waiting for an appointment, boys TaeKwonDo classes, etc.

As for cell phones, when I'm in with a doctor, dentist or any type of business meeting, I keep my phone on silent and don't answer it.  If one of my children buzzes me 3 or more times in a row, then I know it is an emergency and I excuse myself to answer it.  The first time they abuse that emergency signal, they know I will stop answering at all.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 453
Points 8,625
Jan replied on Fri, Aug 23 2013 9:49 AM | Locked

Elaine,

My prayers go out to you and your granddaughter.  We have encountered a couple of situations in the past few years where more exploration was called for.  One of which was an abdominal bleed situation.  Our local hospital tells us to contact our doctor on the next business day.  When my daughter was in recently, she was having abdominal pain. She was triaged with high heart rate. They did the CT of the belly and never addressed the heart.  It turned out fine and when our doctor saw her the next day he explained why the ER doc wasn't concerned about the heart. But she is 31.  She needed to hear the doctor say this can cause that can cause that  and it all works out, not see your own doc in the morning when it was after midnight

Page 39 of 244 (3651 items) « First ... < Previous 37 38 39 40 41 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use