Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #9

Page 37 of 244 (3651 items) « First ... < Previous 35 36 37 38 39 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,650 Replies | 68 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,402
Points 415,599
gini replied on Mon, Aug 19 2013 4:03 PM | Locked

Kim this would be a great topic for a new thread.

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 428
Points 7,640
Kim Hanson replied on Mon, Aug 19 2013 4:15 PM | Locked

Indeed it would, Gini.  So, I shall start one.  Thanks for the suggestion.

Kim

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 63,135
Jacy replied on Mon, Aug 19 2013 6:03 PM | Locked

Sukochi:
Jacy and Spud, I think you both live out of harm's way of the Sun Valley fires, but would you, please, let us know for SURE.

Sukochi, I think that fire is about 6 hours drive south from me, not anywhere close. It is closer to Spud, don't know how close but I bet at least an hour away.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Mon, Aug 19 2013 9:38 PM | Locked

Leslie :
If I was you I think I would bring a post hole digger, might be a little easier to get thru the hard dirt

I think that would just bounce off the surface.  A pick ax might help.   Rain would really help.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,717
Points 38,350
ls2116 replied on Mon, Aug 19 2013 11:21 PM | Locked

I guess I should count my lucky stars that my shrubs got pruned and i'm still alive to talk about it.  First I pulled out my 4' ladder I still wasn't tall enough, dragged out the 8' one and i don't like ladders mind you these shrubs are in my garden very tight quarter at back of my yard.  didn't have any wood to set the ladder on little lone space.  I was climbing that ladder using the bush to balance, but I whacked them down about 18" 24" their still not as low as i would like but I shaped them pretty good for being an amature.  Filled 7 compost bags 3 trash cans and it looks cleaner , but i just couln't reach my neighbors tree thats over hanging my yard.

About 10:30 started thinking about baby quilt decided just to let it fly the way it is I was thinking of doing squares on point in border but that just didn't set well with me with the other quilting  and besides I have to get this other quilt started for a little five year old girl that has been told her cancer is in remission.  I'm thinking of using the blocks i got from valentine swap for that.  All I know about her is her favorite color is pink and her cancer color is orange.  I know I want a easy pattern because mystery will be starting soon.

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 450
Points 8,565
Jan replied on Tue, Aug 20 2013 10:22 AM | Locked

Is,

Quilts for kids has patterns on their web site.  2 very easy ones that come out very cute and only take a couple of hours to piece.  They are free patterns.  Also suggestions for when the kids are at the hospital.  This might work for you. Adjust the size if you feel it is too small.

Jan

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,717
Points 38,350
ls2116 replied on Tue, Aug 20 2013 11:09 AM | Locked

Thanks Jan I'll check that site.  Just posted baby quilt in show and tell.  My shoulders are aching today gee i wonder why.

Thinking now on girls quilt have fans or butterflies in my mind but may even do a strippy quilt.

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,585
Points 75,810
Karla replied on Tue, Aug 20 2013 12:19 PM | Locked

Got the lawn mowed this morning, garden watered and a few weeds pulled.  Picked tomatoes, cucumbers, Anaheim peppers, and green beans and now I've got to do something with them.  Also picked pears yesterday and I've still got frozen pears from last year.  I've run out of canning jars, so need to make a trip to WalMart and pick up some more.

Now I know why I was never a farmer, seems the work is never done, especially when you're the taxi service for the grandchildren and all of their extracurricular activities.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,280
Points 28,950
Agnes replied on Tue, Aug 20 2013 2:15 PM | Locked

Karla--Growing up as a farmer's daughter options beyond home and school were very limited. Times have changed so greatly. Now it seems we feel we have to keep the kids busy with scheduled activities to the point that many don't experience what it feels like to be "footloose and fancy free" or to have free time where they entertain themselves with something other than electronic games. Just commenting on the change in times. My almost 40 year old son and I have had many discussions recently that this electronic age is really showing up badly in the work force.

Agnes in NW Ontario

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,585
Points 75,810
Karla replied on Tue, Aug 20 2013 2:21 PM | Locked

I agree Agnes.  There are definitely good things and bad things about all of this technology.  Kids are definitely much lazier and don't spend time outside interacting with kids their own age.  I grew up in the city, but when we weren't in school or doing homework, we were sent outside and stayed there until we were called in to dinner, and after dishes, etc., we headed right back out the door after that until dark.

I think my daughter's are over protective with their kids...I'm not sure there is more crime against children now than in the past, but we are sure subjected to the media telling us about it all the day.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,473
Points 24,140
Elaine Phillips replied on Tue, Aug 20 2013 4:48 PM | Locked

I mowed the yard, went to therapy on my shoulder, washed the car so I could get more dust on it driving home (lol) and now am contemplating going in to the studio to do a little sewing. It's been a busy day. I have to drive 30 minutes one way to get to therapy. That's what you get when you live in the boonies.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Tue, Aug 20 2013 4:58 PM | Locked

Karla

I love the new avatar.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,653
Points 136,022
Leslie replied on Tue, Aug 20 2013 5:27 PM | Locked

Karla, love your new pic

[Ava, Missouri

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,585
Points 75,810
Karla replied on Tue, Aug 20 2013 5:48 PM | Locked

Thanks for the comments on my Avatar...I thought it was about time to post a picture minus the 50 lbs that I lost a while back.  This was actually taken in Branson last February, a more accurate depiction of me now.

• | Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,731
Points 66,590
Bonita replied on Tue, Aug 20 2013 7:36 PM | Locked

Now that looks more like the Karla, I sat next to in Branson. Love the picture.

Page 37 of 244 (3651 items) « First ... < Previous 35 36 37 38 39 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use